Should we be fiscally responsible?

Should the USA be fiscally responsible?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
TEA Party stands for taxed enough already. Not saying deficits and taxes aren’t intertwined, but to suggest the main thing the tea party was protesting was lower deficits is disingenuous
Well Rand agrees with me.

Are we back with this fiscal nonsense. Ask the GOP and Nan "Damn" Hayworth <---- Failed fiscal chumps. I mean Hawk's. They know and have the answer to everything.

TEA Party stands for taxed enough already. Not saying deficits and taxes aren’t intertwined, but to suggest the main thing the tea party was protesting was lower deficits is disingenuous
Well Rand agrees with me.

If Rand Paul was President he’d try to spend like a drunken sailor, just like his old man.

Politicians merely give lip service to the debt and deficit. Who doesn’t know this by now?

A balanced budget is waaaaay down the line of importance... Run er up as necessary....the economy is good this is no time to worry about a bloody budget.

It is precisely this attitude which got us in this mess, a "Dick Cheney attitude."

All that matters to Democrats is the government check, and all that matters to the post 1998 GOP is waging war for Israel so that FRAUD JESUS will float down from the clouds....

Meanwhile, our Federal Debt has gone from under $6 trillion when W took office to $23 trillion today. Democrats won't care until their government checks bounce. The post 1998 GOP supporters don't understand basic math....

I'm 100% certain we will collapse economically before anyone is foolish enough to attack us.

China could bring us to our knees just by selling our debt in the open markets, driving up our interest rates to the point where "interest expense" is 90% of federal revenue.

Those who are not concerned with the Federal Debt are mathematically challenged morons and leeches addicted to government checks, many of whom are BOTH....

Ask anyone unconcerned with the debt what happens if interest rates rise, and you'll get a big fat

DUHHHHHHHH

China could bring us to our knees just by selling our debt in the open markets, driving up our interest rates

The Fed could buy all the Chinese holdings without breaking a sweat.
What would China do with the dollars they get? Wallpaper?

to the point where "interest expense" is 90% of federal revenue.

How many times did you fail algebra before you finally gave up?

"The Fed could buy all the Chinese holdings without breaking a sweat."

by BORROWING MORE MONEY FROM CHINA?

China has CASH GALORE. We have DEBT GALORE. Maybe someday you will understand the difference....

"How many times did you fail algebra before you finally gave up?"

If interest rates go back to 10%, where they were in the beginning of the 1990s, what is our INTEREST EXPENSE on $23 trillion????

A: $2.3 trillion

What would our Federal Deficit be if that happened with today's budget??

A: YOU DO NOT CARE

I'm 100% certain we will collapse economically before anyone is foolish enough to attack us.

China could bring us to our knees just by selling our debt in the open markets, driving up our interest rates to the point where "interest expense" is 90% of federal revenue.

Those who are not concerned with the Federal Debt are mathematically challenged morons and leeches addicted to government checks, many of whom are BOTH....

Ask anyone unconcerned with the debt what happens if interest rates rise, and you'll get a big fat

DUHHHHHHHH

China could bring us to our knees just by selling our debt in the open markets, driving up our interest rates

The Fed could buy all the Chinese holdings without breaking a sweat.
What would China do with the dollars they get? Wallpaper?

to the point where "interest expense" is 90% of federal revenue.

How many times did you fail algebra before you finally gave up?

China has CASH GALORE. We have DEBT GALORE. Maybe someday you will understand the difference....

"How many times did you fail algebra before you finally gave up?"

If interest rates go back to 10%, where they were in the beginning of the 1990s, what is our INTEREST EXPENSE on $23 trillion????

A: $2.3 trillion

What would our Federal Deficit be if that happened with today's budget??

A: YOU DO NOT CARE

The Federal Reserve, silly, not the Treasury.

If interest rates go back to 10%,

Why would they?

Just PRINT IT, baby!!! PRINT PRINT PRINT and that will have no effect on the value of the dollar..... got it.

Why would they?

In free markets, prices and rates fluctuate....

20170705-STM-ENG.jpg

One of the reasons the American taxpayer was soaked for $2 trillion post W was that many like you thought housing prices would keep going up forever....

They didn't.....

Just PRINT IT, baby!!! PRINT PRINT PRINT and that will have no effect on the value of the dollar..... got it.

Why would they?

20170705-STM-ENG.jpg

One of the reasons the American taxpayer was soaked for $2 trillion post W was that many like you thought housing prices would keep going up forever....

They didn't.....

Just PRINT IT, baby!!! PRINT PRINT PRINT and that will have no effect on the value of the dollar.....

You said that China could crash our economy by selling a bit over $1 trillion in bonds.
I showed a simple way the Fed could prevent your hyperbolic claims of doom.

got it.

Obviously, you didn't.

Yup. Now why would we have 10% rates because of another $1 trillion in Fed purchases?

One of the reasons the American taxpayer was soaked for $2 trillion post W

Soaked how? Be specific.

many like you thought housing prices would keep going up forever....

I never thought that. Did you?

You said that China could crash our economy by selling a bit over $1 trillion in bonds.

I got a great idea. Let's cut all taxes to ZERO and just PRINT all the money the government spends/steals/makes vanish.....

Soaked how? Be specific.

Turns Out That Trillion-Dollar Bailout Was, in Fact, Real

They got a trillion-dollar bailout

and Clinton crony Franklin Raines avoided prosecution and walked away worth hundreds of millions $$$ for being the most responsible guy....

I got a great idea. Let's cut all taxes to ZERO and just PRINT all the money the government spends/steals/makes vanish.....

Soaked how? Be specific.

Turns Out That Trillion-Dollar Bailout Was, in Fact, Real

and Clinton crony Franklin Raines avoided prosecution and walked away worth hundreds of millions $$$ for being the most responsible guy....

Thanks for the strawman....DURR

Yes, short term loans, paid back at a profit to the Treasury and to the Fed, soaked the taxpayer by making money.

Hilarious!

and Clinton crony Franklin Raines avoided prosecution

I agree, the fraud at Fannie Mae was awful.

Since republicans have thrown out fiscal responsibility I'm really curious what people say now. I think everyone should be for balanced budgets and decreasing debt. If you are for small government the reason is obvious. If you are a liberal you should hate all the tax dollars that are going for interest rather than your programs.
The next time Progs come to power, you lead the way. Without taxing the worker employee. For all your bluster you have no problem doing that. If they ain't union, government, privileged in any way they be on their own. We know Repubs make remarks about fiscal responsibility. but you guys do it with massive increases in revenue enhancements from the peasants and defense cuts. When your our of power the social programs remain untouched as you give in to defense increases to keep the domestic goodies going. The result is a lot of people are hooked on this now.

When W was elected, we had a budget surplus and a Federal debt of under $6 trillion....

All W had to do was do what Newt Gingrich did.... and our debt would still be $6 trillion...

but that would have been good for America, and W was never about what was good for America.....

W was about what was good for Israel and Zionist Jews like Mikey Bloomberg, Jeff Epstein, and the rest who were invested on 910 to profit from 911....
It was easier for Gingrich because after the Berlin Wall came down we cut military spending every year.
Which is something we should have probably continued. I'm 100% certain we will collapse economically before anyone is foolish enough to attack us.
I have to admit, I was miffed when Trump decided to increase military in exchange for big increases in social spending and not building the wall. The later would have cut the deficit by at least $200 billion.
They should have been coming to an agreement on how much to cut, not how much to spend. We were over 20 trillion in debt afterall.
No politician ever got reelected by cutting spending.

Which is why he wants us to go down that path.

Forum List

Back