Should we be fiscally responsible?

Should the USA be fiscally responsible?

• Yes

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
We should but we ain't.
In fact, im not sure why it would even matter anymore.
Well we certainly aren't. I do think it matters quite a bit. China is getting close to passing us as the biggest economy. If they do that and continue to have a lower gdp/debt ratio we are in big trouble. Their currency would likely become the currency of the world and we'd become Greece.

China is getting close to passing us as the biggest economy.

If you believe lying Commie stats...….

Their currency would likely become the currency of the world

Their house of cards is looking a little unsteady. And nobody wants to hold Yuan.
It's a reason why it is important. Right now they have faster growth and are in a much better debt situation. In fact, quite a bit of our interest goes to them. Our debt/gdp ratio is one of the worst in the world.

China's debt tops 300% of GDP, now 15% of global total: IIF
Jul 18, 2019China's total corporate, household and government debt rose to 303% of GDPin the first quarter of 2019, from 297% in the same period a year earlier, the IIF said in a report this week which highlighted rising debt levels worldwide. The IIF is a private global financial industry association, based in Washington.
1D2B067E-EB7B-4B91-BEE1-7B09C8754ED8.png

Last edited:
We have not been debt free since 1835 under Andrew Jackson and that lasted a grand total of one year. Yes we should be fiscally responsible but we aren't and have not been for a very, very long time no matter if it's the Republicans in charge or the Democrats and I don't see that changing. We can blame the politicans all day and they for sure have their share of it but let's be real honest the voters Democrats and Republicans would never put or keep any politican in office who ran on doing the hard painful long term things necessary to deal with the debt and spending.

Well we certainly aren't. I do think it matters quite a bit. China is getting close to passing us as the biggest economy. If they do that and continue to have a lower gdp/debt ratio we are in big trouble. Their currency would likely become the currency of the world and we'd become Greece.

Their house of cards is looking a little unsteady. And nobody wants to hold Yuan.
It's a reason why it is important. Right now they have faster growth and are in a much better debt situation. In fact, quite a bit of our interest goes to them. Our debt/gdp ratio is one of the worst in the world.

Right now they have faster growth and are in a much better debt situation.

Their central bank spreadsheet expansion makes our Fed look down right stingy.
And if you could get a real look at their non-performing bank loans....you'd be worried.

In fact, quite a bit of our interest goes to them.

At really low interest rates.
Then why is trump so worried he started his silly tariff war? He's clearly damaged our economy with it. He has done that for no real reason?

Then why is trump so worried he started his silly tariff war?

Why?

He's clearly damaged our economy with it.

He's clearly damaged China's economy...….more.
At the cost of damaging our economy? He has to be worried about something to do that.

We should but we ain't.

China's debt tops 300% of GDP, now 15% of global total: IIF
Jul 18, 2019China's total corporate, household and government debt rose to 303% of GDPin the first quarter of 2019, from 297% in the same period a year earlier, the IIF said in a report this week which highlighted rising debt levels worldwide. The IIF is a private global financial industry association, based in Washington.
View attachment 301982
You are aware that you aren't comparing the same numbers? The number for China is corporate, household, and government debt combined. I'm not sure what the comparable rate is for the USA. The chart you are showing for the USA is just government debt.

Since republicans have thrown out fiscal responsibility I'm really curious what people say now. I think everyone should be for balanced budgets and decreasing debt. If you are for small government the reason is obvious. If you are a liberal you should hate all the tax dollars that are going for interest rather than your programs.
Now that the Republicans have proudly and bizarrely turned on a dime into hyper-Keyenisanism, it will once again be on the Democrats to turn things around.

I don't remember ever seeing a party do an ideological about-face, with this speed, in my lifetime. Whiplash. Mind-blowing. Hero worship.

Can the Democrats do it? I don't know. They're not exactly sane right now, either. But the GOP is simply a farce on this issue now.

Last edited:
Since republicans have thrown out fiscal responsibility I'm really curious what people say now. I think everyone should be for balanced budgets and decreasing debt. If you are for small government the reason is obvious. If you are a liberal you should hate all the tax dollars that are going for interest rather than your programs.
Now that the Republicans have proudly and bizarrely turned on a dime into hyper-Keyenisanism, it will once again be on the Democrats to turn things around.

I don't remember ever seeing a party do an ideological about-face, with this speed, in my lifetime. Whiplash. Mind-blowing.

Can the Democrats do it? I don't know. They're not exactly sane right now, either. But the GOP is simply a farce on this issue now.

Democrats turn things around.... :laughing0301:

Eh, clear the deadbeat, do nothing Democrats out of Congress and give Trump another term..

Democrats represent nothing but failure, cowardice and negativity with no signs of success whatever...

download (72).jpg

I don't remember ever seeing a party do an ideological about-face, with this speed, in my lifetime. Whiplash. Mind-blowing.

Eh, clear the deadbeat, do nothing Democrats out of Congress and give Trump another term..

Democrats represent nothing but failure, cowardice and negativity with no signs of success whatever...

View attachment 302024
The Meltdown and recovery must have slipped past you.

Or, no, wait: It was all the Dems' fault.

The alternate universe remains alive and well.

View attachment 302024

I see that you're still in denial about being a left wing Democrat .. still stuck in your alternate universe.. :popcorn:

View attachment 302024

I see that you're still in denial about being a left wing Democrat .. still stuck in your alternate universe.. :popcorn:
Whatever you'd like. My point remains.

We should but we ain't.

Right now they have faster growth and are in a much better debt situation.

Their central bank spreadsheet expansion makes our Fed look down right stingy.
And if you could get a real look at their non-performing bank loans....you'd be worried.

In fact, quite a bit of our interest goes to them.

At really low interest rates.
Then why is trump so worried he started his silly tariff war? He's clearly damaged our economy with it. He has done that for no real reason?
No pain, no gain

That's why the banks shouldn't have been bailed out
All that accomplished was prolonging the inevitable

View attachment 302024

You made no point and you weren't even funny...

With TDS-ers .. the first thing they lose is their sense of humor... :wink_2:

View attachment 302024

With TDS-ers .. the first thing they lose is their seems of humor... :wink_2:
Yes, Trump Devotion Syndrome is pretty powerful.

Go ahead and provide an informed, intelligent response to my point. Blow me away with your subject knowledge on my profession.

Looking forward to it. Educate me.

View attachment 302024

Go ahead and provide an informed, intelligent response to my point. Blow me away with your subject knowledge on my profession.

When you make a reasoned point .. I may respond...Grasshopper

And another one squirms and runs.

Good thing I'm used to it.

LMAO!!!

Democrats are costing us Trillions.
Their open borders policies are contributing roughly $132 billion/yr to the deficit.
Their Russian Collusion investigation and their fake impeachment is costing us $50 million dollars.
Because of their histrionics over Donald Trump and their horrific screams for getting even if not killing Trump....extra security for the president has cost us untold millions.
Their foreign aid money laundering scheme is costing us billions.
The Dems blamed China for most of the debt...but in reality....a large part of the debt is Congress stealing from Social Security. https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cutti...PM0HXJRl8weOSWROcMdiqfN_kq1MHHN8kITXdYrta0EAE

Last edited:

I don't remember ever seeing a party do an ideological about-face, with this speed, in my lifetime. Whiplash. Mind-blowing. Hero worship.

You're relying on the Democrats to do something about spending? Don't hold your breath.

Trump knows we're carrying too much debt. He also knows that reducing it will entail some sacrifice by the people. So with Democrat congressmen looking to stab him in the back at every turn, the time won't be right until after the election. Trump will start lowering the debt after his reelection. That's important and Trump is the only person with the balls to do it.

And another one squirms and runs.

Good thing I'm used to it.

:lol: ...mmm .. maybe your too predictable..

You're relying on the Democrats to do something about spending? Don't hold your breath.
Well, now that the GOP is a fiscal farce, I have to look SOMEWHERE.

Please feel free to educate me on macroeconomics, spending and Keynesianism.

Forum List

Back