CDZ Should we ban street racing cars?

Illegal street racing is a problem in some cities......you get these young people in suped up cars racing down actual public streets, inspired by movies like "The Fast and Furious."

In order to keep people safe, we need to make sure that street racing cars, like the Toyota Camry, are banned for civilians...no one needs a street racing car like a Toyota Camry.....

The Camry wasn't designed for racing. Usually, it has to be modified.

The AR-15 was designed to kill people on a battlefield for the US Army.
So, you have demeaned yourself by playing this game with 'him'. Too bad, you are just arming 'him' further.

Illegal street racing is a problem in some cities......you get these young people in suped up cars racing down actual public streets, inspired by movies like "The Fast and Furious."

In order to keep people safe, we need to make sure that street racing cars, like the Toyota Camry, are banned for civilians...no one needs a street racing car like a Toyota Camry.....

No.....the camry is a car of racing......it does not belong in civilian hands.......

The AR-15 has never been a military weapon, it has never been used in a war.....that is a lie.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
See, I belong to a mythical group called Global warming believers against the Internal Combustion engine.....I don't want to ban all cars...just street racers because they are dangerous ...that is why I want to ban Toyota Camrys....no one needs a street racer like the Toyota Camry......

Here's the thing.

Every year, the car makers design the cars to be safer, more fuel efficient, and so on.

As opposed to the gun makers, who keep making the guns more dangerous and focus on selling them to the most unstable people.

If the Car Industry acted like the gun industry, we'd have souped up cars racing down the highway at 120 miles an hour because they'd have outlawed the speed limits.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_racing#United_States

In some cases, this popularity has led to tough anti-street racing laws which give more strict punishments (including misdemeanors for attending race events) than normal traffic citations and also often involve dedicated anti-racing task forces. San Diego, in Southern California was the first US city to allow the arrest of spectators attending street races.[23] Penalties for violating street racing laws now can include impoundment and even destruction of the offending vehicle and/or the suspension or revocation of the offender's drivers license.[23]

What? Don't they know that the Founding Fathers wanted us to race street cars? Even though all they had were horse drawn carriages!!!

Some police departments in the United States have also undertaken community outreach programs to work with the racing community to educate them to the dangers of street racing, as well as to encourage them to race in sanctioned events. This has also led to a campaign introduced in 2000 called Racers Against Street Racing (RASR), a grass-roots enthusiast group consisting of auto manufacturers, after market parts companies, professional drag racers, sanctioning bodies, race tracks and automotive magazines devoted to promoting the use of safe and legal raceways as an alternative to street racing.[24][25] Kent's Beat the Heat is a typical example of this type of program. Other such alliances have been forged in southern and central California, reducing the incidence of street racing there. Except San Diego, popular racing locations have been Los Angeles, Miami, Long Beach, and Fort Lauderdale.

Jesus, could you imagine the response of the NRA if we did something like this related to guns! They'd be whining about how we hate their freedom!!!

Wrong, the gun industry is as regulated if not more regulated than the car industry.

You keep attacking the NRA...the NRA supports the FIX NICS act....the democrats oppose it.

The NRA trains local, state and federal law enforcement...the democrats constantly attack law enforcement and prevent them from arresting violent gun criminals.

You keep attacking the NRA...the NRA supports armed security and armed staff in the schools, the democrats oppose it.

The NRA teaches fun safety to millions of children...the democrats fight teaching gun safety to kids.

The NRA supports keeping violent gun offenders in prison, the democrats let violent gun offenders out of jail and pass laws letting them out early.

The NRA doesn't support the PROMISE PROGRAM, of obama, which allowed the shooter to get the gun...the democrats created and support the Promise program...which allowed the shooter to get his gun...

Since those are the facts, the truth and the reality.....

Of the two groups...the democrats are the ones supporting violent murder, not the NRA...

Guns haven't changed in about a hundred years.....they all function the same way and are made safer every year.....

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Good topic.

It is a problem. right now we have limits on cars somewhat similar to guns. My old school 14 second OLD Mustang has no problem being street legal. My buddy's twin turbo LT1 (no opti spark anymore lol) Camaro has a full cage and is getting oretty borderline.

There is open debate about what a car needs to be "street legal" and generally the racers are a pretty tame group with regulations unlike the NRA types. I think imposing a similar system of regulations on guns would end up with "fine, if you own am AR-15 come register it. Also every two years or when ownership changes hands bring it in so we can inspect it for illegal modifications."

A select few habitual drunk types can't operate a vehicle legally.....not sure if I ever heard of restrictions on owning one.

Registering guns achieves nothing.....except allow for those guns to be confiscated. That is a non starter.....we know from history that registration is the first step in confiscation....Germany, Britain, Australia, New York, Chicago, California, Canada.......registered guns, confiscated guns......

No one except really loony lefties want to confiscate cars......the leadership of the democrat party, want to confiscate guns...and as we heard at the CNN town hall....they want to confiscate all semi auto weapons...that would include pistols and revolvers.....

I saw a stat awhile back that the Camry was one of the highest stolen cars in the U.S. Kind of odd isn't it? If I were to create a street racing car it would be an old Ford Probe GT. I used to have a 3000GT that the odometer read up to 180 mph. Why in the world would someone put that there? No one should be driving that fast! Mine looked like this one:

th

I LOVED that car.

Cars kill more people every single year than all guns do....

all rifles ...

Expanded Homicide Data Table 4

Rifles....374

cars....

Fatal Injury Data | WISQARS | Injury Center | CDC

Car.......38,748

Cars are deadlier than AR-15 rifles.

I saw a stat awhile back that the Camry was one of the highest stolen cars in the U.S. Kind of odd isn't it? If I were to create a street racing car it would be an old Ford Probe GT. I used to have a 3000GT that the odometer read up to 180 mph. Why in the world would someone put that there? No one should be driving that fast! Mine looked like this one:

th

I LOVED that car.

That is why camry's need to be banned.....street racers like the camry are obviously easily stolen....so no civilian should be allowed to own them.

all rifles ...

Rifles....374

cars....

Car.......38,748

I knew this is where you were going to go with this thread. How many people in the U.S. drive a car compared to how many have a gun?

th

I LOVED that car.

That is why camry's need to be banned.....street racers like the camry are obviously easily stolen....so no civilian should be allowed to own them.

I guess we need to ban people from swimming too? Outlaw Tylenol? Kill ALL mosquitoes?

all rifles ...

Rifles....374

cars....

Car.......38,748

I knew this is where you were going to go with this thread. How many people in the U.S. drive a car compared to how many have a gun?

It doesn't matter...as you guys keep telling us....

How many guns are there that are not used to commit crime and murder?

600,000,000 guns in private hands, 11,000 were used to commit gun murder....

Americans use guns 1,500,000 times a year to stop rape, robbery and murder......and as more AMericans own and carry guns...our gun murder rate went down 49%...our gun crime rate went down 75%...yet those numbers don't matter to you....

Cars kill more peolpe...actual dead people, than all guns do...even wider gap when you just look at AR-15 civilian rifles......

knives murder over 1,600 people every single year......

So numbers don't matter to you when it comes to guns...so camry's ...street racers, need to be banned...

Look....I support car Rights......and it is just crazy to think that I want all cars banned...I just want camrys, street racers, banned.....and maybe some reasonable controls for other street racing cars...

th

I LOVED that car.

I guess we need to ban people from swimming too? Outlaw Tylenol? Kill ALL mosquitoes?

According to your logic...of course...since more children die in pools than by AR-15 civilian rifles....

th

I LOVED that car.

According to your logic...of course...since more children die in pools than by AR-15 civilian rifles....

And your logic fails to understand WHAT an AR-15 is for and what a car is for.

th

I LOVED that car.

No...I undertand both....the AR-15 civilian rifle is for self defense, defending your family...the camry is a street racer that people who have a small penis use to feel like men....

th

I LOVED that car.

No...I undertand both....the AR-15 civilian rifle is for self defense, defending your family...the camry is a street racer that people who have a small penis use to feel like men....

An AR-15 is for KILLING. A car is for getting from here-to-there.

People don't use Camrys to race FYI. They would use something like a Supra, Lancer, and an RX7.

You think a Toyota Camry is a STREET RACER CAR?

Have you ever heard of a BUGATTI VEYRON, or a FERRARI, or a DODGE VIPER or CORVETTE?

A Camry is a SLUG.
A Camery is a street racer car like an AR - 15 is an assault riffle.

Y'all are wasting your time. They don't care how many die, they just want the guns.
Guns? Isn’t this thread about cars? Has CCJones called this a false comparison fallacy yet?

No, it's about guns, but 2aguy is so in love with guns every thread he starts is about them. Isn't there a gun section on the forum somewhere?

I really do think there is a serious issue with someone who does nothing but sit all day looking for stories about guns.

An AR-15 is for KILLING. A car is for getting from here-to-there.

People don't use Camrys to race FYI. They would use something like a Supra, Lancer, and an RX7.

And yet...the AR-15 civilian rifle kills fewer people each and every year than cars do.......cars....especially street racers like the toyota camry do not belong on our streets, they are deadlier than AR-15 rifles...and if you want to ban the AR-15 civilian rifle....why don't you want to ban street killing machines like the camry?

Forum List

Back