CDZ Should we ban street racing cars?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Illegal street racing is a problem in some cities......you get these young people in suped up cars racing down actual public streets, inspired by movies like "The Fast and Furious."

In order to keep people safe, we need to make sure that street racing cars, like the Toyota Camry, are banned for civilians...no one needs a street racing car like a Toyota Camry.....

Republicans want to take away our cars, oh the horror!!!!!!!!

You can have my car after you rip my cold dead butt out of the drivers seat.

Point well taken; the excesses of automobiles should be more rigorously regulated.

Illegal street racing is a problem in some cities......you get these young people in suped up cars racing down actual public streets, inspired by movies like "The Fast and Furious."

In order to keep people safe, we need to make sure that street racing cars, like the Toyota Camry, are banned for civilians...no one needs a street racing car like a Toyota Camry.....

How many teenagers die in car accidents? How many from texting while driving?

Raise the driving age and the age to possess a cell phone to 21.

See, I belong to a mythical group called Global warming believers against the Internal Combustion engine.....I don't want to ban all cars...just street racers because they are dangerous ...that is why I want to ban Toyota Camrys....no one needs a street racer like the Toyota Camry......

Actually, only the police and military need street racing cars.....civilians do not need them....we need to ban the Toyota camry.

The VW "beetle" conquered the world with 40hp. Regulating over powered cars may be a good idea.

Ask ShitsSpeedos...

Y'all are wasting your time. They don't care how many die, they just want the guns.

You think a Toyota Camry is a STREET RACER CAR?

Have you ever heard of a BUGATTI VEYRON, or a FERRARI, or a DODGE VIPER or CORVETTE?

A Camry is a SLUG.

Anyone should be able to drive a car regardless of their age or ability. Requirements to have a driver's license and to be able to see are clearly discriminatory.

And people should be able to own and drive tanks on the streets too.

Anyone should be able to drive a car regardless of their age or ability. Requirements to have a driver's license and to be able to see are clearly discriminatory.

And people should be able to own and drive tanks on the streets too.

Typical response for someone who supports the automobile industry and AAA.......the peddlers of death. No one needs a street racer.........that is why we need to ban toyota camrys......

The Camry wasn't designed for racing. Usually, it has to be modified.

The AR-15 was designed to kill people on a battlefield for the US Army.

See, I belong to a mythical group called Global warming believers against the Internal Combustion engine.....I don't want to ban all cars...just street racers because they are dangerous ...that is why I want to ban Toyota Camrys....no one needs a street racer like the Toyota Camry......

Here's the thing.

Every year, the car makers design the cars to be safer, more fuel efficient, and so on.

As opposed to the gun makers, who keep making the guns more dangerous and focus on selling them to the most unstable people.

If the Car Industry acted like the gun industry, we'd have souped up cars racing down the highway at 120 miles an hour because they'd have outlawed the speed limits.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Street_racing#United_States

In some cases, this popularity has led to tough anti-street racing laws which give more strict punishments (including misdemeanors for attending race events) than normal traffic citations and also often involve dedicated anti-racing task forces. San Diego, in Southern California was the first US city to allow the arrest of spectators attending street races.[23] Penalties for violating street racing laws now can include impoundment and even destruction of the offending vehicle and/or the suspension or revocation of the offender's drivers license.[23]

What? Don't they know that the Founding Fathers wanted us to race street cars? Even though all they had were horse drawn carriages!!!

Some police departments in the United States have also undertaken community outreach programs to work with the racing community to educate them to the dangers of street racing, as well as to encourage them to race in sanctioned events. This has also led to a campaign introduced in 2000 called Racers Against Street Racing (RASR), a grass-roots enthusiast group consisting of auto manufacturers, after market parts companies, professional drag racers, sanctioning bodies, race tracks and automotive magazines devoted to promoting the use of safe and legal raceways as an alternative to street racing.[24][25] Kent's Beat the Heat is a typical example of this type of program. Other such alliances have been forged in southern and central California, reducing the incidence of street racing there. Except San Diego, popular racing locations have been Los Angeles, Miami, Long Beach, and Fort Lauderdale.

Jesus, could you imagine the response of the NRA if we did something like this related to guns! They'd be whining about how we hate their freedom!!!

Good topic.

It is a problem. right now we have limits on cars somewhat similar to guns. My old school 14 second OLD Mustang has no problem being street legal. My buddy's twin turbo LT1 (no opti spark anymore lol) Camaro has a full cage and is getting oretty borderline.

There is open debate about what a car needs to be "street legal" and generally the racers are a pretty tame group with regulations unlike the NRA types. I think imposing a similar system of regulations on guns would end up with "fine, if you own am AR-15 come register it. Also every two years or when ownership changes hands bring it in so we can inspect it for illegal modifications."

A select few habitual drunk types can't operate a vehicle legally.....not sure if I ever heard of restrictions on owning one.

Forum List

Back