CDZ Should we apologize to Japan

Google "Japanese atrocities against POWS" and if you can stomach it select Images. Therein is reason for my answer of "no".
Most folks don't know some American POW's were murdered and eaten by the Japanese, or the vivisections and the Biological Warfare experiments that were performed.

NO. Hell No. Japan committed an unprovoked attack on US soil oN December 7, 1941. They declared War on US, not the other way around. They just picked a fight they couldn't win.

I was taught in my youth to never pick a fight I couldn't or wasn't prepared to do everythibg necessary to win. Japan made that mistake and paid a costly price for it, as they should have.

Pearl Harbor wasn't unprovoked. We'd sided against them with China and had an energy embargo against them. Pearl Harbor was in response to such actions. Plus we shot first sinking a midget submarine before the first naval plane's bombs dropped. Planes were in the air on the way, but who shoots first is how these things go.

...Should we apologize to Japan for destroying their empire?...
Revisionist nonsense, voiced by a handful of degenerate heirs of The Greatest Generation.

But, on reflection, that's a perfect job for Obumble... let's get him to apologize... he loves that kind of thing.

Japan has apologized for WW2 many times, google dat ting maan.

We don't have anything to apologize for. The Japanese soldiers in the Pacific had it drilled into them to be barbaric and treat anyone that surrendered as inferior and worthless.

On Guadalcanal, the first real face to face fighting between American and Japanese forces (other than the Phillipines), the marines started finding dead marines who's bodies had been hacked up and the pieces piled up. That set the tone for how American soldiers treated Japanese soldiers the rest of the war in the pacific. The taking of prisoners by the Americans was almost non-existent. Someone would always take it on themselves to go around and finish off any Japanese soldiers left alive after a battle. Not all obviously, but almost all.

Japanese soldiers were drilled constantly that death was light as a feather but dishonor was a ghastly weight.

NO. Hell No. Japan committed an unprovoked attack on US soil oN December 7, 1941. They declared War on US, not the other way around. They just picked a fight they couldn't win.

I was taught in my youth to never pick a fight I couldn't or wasn't prepared to do everythibg necessary to win. Japan made that mistake and paid a costly price for it, as they should have.

While I agree with you, you have to remember who paid the price. It was mostly innocent civilians who died in Japan from the nukes. No American citizens walking down the roads of New York City or Atlanta were killed in that war, only the ones who actually went to war and fought over there. So innocent people died for the actions of their gov't. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

While I agree with you, you have to remember who paid the price. It was mostly innocent civilians who died in Japan from the nukes. No American citizens walking down the roads of New York City or Atlanta were killed in that war, only the ones who actually went to war and fought over there. So innocent people died for the actions of their gov't. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

Both Nagasaki and Hirshoma were military targets with industry and military units in them……

The Japanese murdered over 3 million civilians and some say upwards of 10 million civilians in the territories they occupied…..

We don't have anything to apologize for. The Japanese soldiers in the Pacific had it drilled into them to be barbaric and treat anyone that surrendered as inferior and worthless.

On Guadalcanal, the first real face to face fighting between American and Japanese forces (other than the Phillipines), the marines started finding dead marines who's bodies had been hacked up and the pieces piled up. That set the tone for how American soldiers treated Japanese soldiers the rest of the war in the pacific. The taking of prisoners by the Americans was almost non-existent. Someone would always take it on themselves to go around and finish off any Japanese soldiers left alive after a battle. Not all obviously, but almost all.

Japanese soldiers were drilled constantly that death was light as a feather but dishonor was a ghastly weight.
What a racist rant.

But two wrongs don't make a right.
Choice 1 = 500,000 American dead + 2,000,000 Japanese dead (if we don't drop the bomb and are forced to invade Japan in order to finish the war)

Choice 2 = 0 American dead + 200,000 Japanese dead (killed by the A-bombs)

I choose No. 2 - every time.

So did Harry Truman.

Close enough for Gubmint Work.

Last edited:

What a racist rant.

LOL Facts are foreign to you eh. These are just facts.

But you got to get your whine on today.

What a racist rant.

LOL Facts are foreign to you eh. These are just facts.

But you got to get your whine on today.
a934a860-5fb6-0132-1edd-0ee4bb5e31b5.gif

Should we apologize to Japan for destroying their empire?

Puh-lease! No. Under no circumstances, no. And just plain old, "Hell No!"
  • Japan attacked Pearl Harbor.
  • Japan declared war on the United States after first bombing Pearl Harbor.
  • By declaring war on the United States, Japan forced the United States to divide its forces so it could fight on two fronts, the Pacific theater and the European one. By so doing, Japan lengthened the time it too for Allied forces to defeat Hitler, thereby costing all European nations and the United States more lives lost than there needed to have been. That additional/prolonged loss of life can be viewed from two angles:
    • More lives lost by drawing America into the war before Germany had secured its supremacy over Britain, which if that had happened, there's nothing clearly showing that many American lives would have been lost as a direct result. (Obviously, we'll never know for sure.)
    • More lives lost by slowing the pace at which the Allies could defeat the Germans.
  • In their attempts to prosecute the war, Japan, by their intransigence, damn near brought about the extinction of their ethnicity. There is no question that Japan's loss was inevitable, even if Mr. Truman hadn't dropped the two nuclear weapons on Japan, but rather than realize as much and sue for peace, Japan persisted and all but forced the U.S. to drop nuclear bombs on two of its cities. In so doing, Japan caused needless losses of its own citizens' lives.
Just what form do you presume such an apology might take? "Oh, we're so sorry, after your having 'bit us in the ass like a snake in the grass,' we all but obliterated two of your major cities." If anything, the question should be, "Should Japan thank the United States for bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki rather than Tokyo?"

Start a war - you better win the war

Lose the War, too bad, so sad

So the answer to the question of if we should express sorrow?

Yes, to OUR dead and wounded soldiers.......

AND NO ONE ELSE. PERIOD!

No apologies necessary, the sacking of Korea, China, south east Asia, and then Pearl. warranted a prompt and deadly response.

Forum List

Back