Should the sellers and manufacturers of Bump Stocks be sued?

Dunno if the makers of the bump stock should be sued, but I do think that modification kits for making semi auto weapons into full auto should be banned.

The ONLY purpose a machine gun has is to throw lots of lead downrange to kill and destroy people. You don't go hunting or target practicing with a machine gun.
Outside of the fact that a citizen does not need to justify any of this, the question is moot. With or without a bump stock, someone who will not use the gun in an illicit manner is no danger to anyone.

However, it does beg the question. If ever it does come to pass that the government comes to take our liberty away, they will come with modern weapons that are fully automatic. The prudent citizen would do well to have an answer to that and bump stocks fit that bill nicely.

I do hope the FBI is monitoring this thread.

Let them. I have a First Amendment right to my thoughts and speech.

Yep, and you're not shy about expressing it. However, the advice today is if you see or hear something, report it. Most times it goes no where, but when it does carnage can be prevented, and being interrogated by the FBI is not fun.

You're not the only one to be defending guns in the face of mass murders. That is something worth looking into especially when the record of posts by the defenders reflect hate for others.
I've had interviews with the FBI and the OSI for My security clearances in the past. As a citizen who has done nothing wrong, I have no fear of talking with authorities.

In the face of mass murders, I am pointing directly at the problem and that problem is not the guns. It is the people who misuse the gun. It really doesn't take a Rhodes scholar to see the trends are a direct response to other out of control events in our society. One has only to talk and listen to the attitudes of the Millenials and other low moral groups to see that violence is quickly becoming the norm for those who cannot tolerate worldviews that do not mesh with their own. Now, this clown isn't a millennial to be sure, but I think you'll find after the investigation is complete that he too had a deep-seated belief of 'entitlement'. If so, it may have come from his wealth, his years believing he was the best at what he did, or a host of other physiological reasons.

What you won't find is that the gun acted on its own.

The people who misuse the gun are those who have allowed their gun(s) to be stolen, or sold it to someone who has not been vetted, the members of the Republican party and the NRA who even today spoke on the issue of gun control and blame Democrats for using the carnage for political advantage.

If fingers need to be pointed, point them at the members of Congress who put their jobs before the lives of others!

Given the source, very believably stupidity. A syringe is regulated and sold only with prescriptions. They are made with a noble purpose, not so the bump stock.
Unless you're one of those unusual Americans who are opposed to the concept of self-defense, which is the "noble purpose" for free access to firearms of all types. Occasional misuse is not a good reason for banning something the majority of citizens want.

Good luck.

Even a ham sandwich can be sued, or so the cliché goes. What matter is the trier of fact and the standing of the victim.

The elements necessary to sue are these:
  • The defendant has a duty
  • The defendant breached that duty
  • The victim suffered a harm
  • The victim has standing

Given the source, very believably stupidity. A syringe is regulated and sold only with prescriptions. They are made with a noble purpose, not so the bump stock.
Unless you're one of those unusual Americans who are opposed to the concept of self-defense, which is the "noble purpose" for free access to firearms of all types. Occasional misuse is not a good reason for banning something the majority of citizens want.
And just who the hell needs a machine gun for self defense? In fact, who the hell needs an assault weapon for self defense? You are truly an idiot.

I have a temper, something I've controlled for decades, but I digress. I disagree with your conclusion, the majority of citizens do not want the proliferation of guns which exists today.

Should the survivors and families of those murdered this weekend in Vegas have standing to sue the makers and sellers of Bump Stocks?

If not, why not?
Because people kill people, not bump stocks.

I have a temper, something I've controlled for decades, but I digress. I disagree with your conclusion, the majority of citizens do not want the proliferation of guns which exists today.
Dumbass, people kill people not firearms.
Buy More guns and ammo

Should the survivors and families of those murdered this weekend in Vegas have standing to sue the makers and sellers of Bump Stocks?

If not, why not?

Legal product.

Same reason suits against gun manufacturers are consistently tossed.

Who manufactures them? Bet they're a good stock to buy right now. Millions of people who have heard of a bump stock will be buying them.

If not, why not?

Absolutely. Then we can sue every car maker for the misuse of their products, and we can sue the knife makers, and the baseball bat makers, and the......well, maybe that would be a problem. Open the door and the next thing you know nothing is being made in this country anymore. Hmm. I believe it's called the law of unintended consequences.

And just who the hell needs a machine gun for self defense? In fact, who the hell needs an assault weapon for self defense? You are truly an idiot.
That would depend on the potential level of threat which is reasonably anticipated. It was not long ago that the most ordinary revolver or bird gun was perfectly adequate for home defense in most parts of the U.S. But you might be interested in knowing that things have changed rather dramatically within the past few years.

If you'd like a preview of what we Americans can expect in the way of terrorist activity in our Homeland I suggest you explore the social media for reports of what is going on in Europe and Scandinavia. Those nations have undergone what is best described as a passive military invasion by millions of aggressive, military-age, Christian-hating Muslims who presently, and temporarily, lack weapons.

At the present rate of activity it won't be long before Europe and Scandinavia are over-run by this un-uniformed, weaponless army, whose primary objective is the U.S. Fortunately we have a President who is resisting Muslim input, but if the Liberal influence recovers in Washington it won't be long before we'll be subjected to a flood of Muslim "refugees." When that time comes what you need to understand is it is better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it. And the type of gun you have tucked in a closet for a rainy day should be your choice, not the government's.

Dunno if the makers of the bump stock should be sued, but I do think that modification kits for making semi auto weapons into full auto should be banned.

The ONLY purpose a machine gun has is to throw lots of lead downrange to kill and destroy people. You don't go hunting or target practicing with a machine gun.

So anything you don't like should be outlawed. If someone doesn't NEED an article, they shouldn't be allowed to possess one.

No, the sole purpose of a machine gun is not to kill and destroy people. Granted, it is very good at that task. One may see what is happening in our country and around the world and want one for protection. Look at what is happening with Black Lives Matter and North Korea.

They are also a BLAST, no pun intended, to fire on a range.

I own a number of items I don't NEED, but I just want. Most I'm sure are legal but there are some which are kind of iffy. My Ol' Man, a disabled vet, a biker and had some iffy friends.

I have a custom Harley I don't need along with a '66 Goat I've owned since 1971. Ten years ago I did a frame restoration of sorts. Beefed up the frame, engine bored, full race cam, twin 4 bbl carburetors, custom exhaust, beefed up 4-speed transmission, beefed up the rear end. Do I NEED IT? Heck no! What 73-year-old codger NEEDS a muscle car pushing 600 hp? Is it legal? Yep. Do I only use it for legal purposes? Yeah, right!

Selling machine guns is illegal.

Script-Th.jpg

too bad there are distinct differences.

Tiny technicalities a jury will see through that bull.

Do you not think more people died thanks to their product?
It doesnt matter. The product is LEGAL. They have been certified by the ATF

I think they will be sued big time. Rate of fire is what matters, lotta evidence of that.
not going by the definition. Perhaps by the "feels" i know bedwetters love their "feels"

Any jury who hears the rate of fire wil have no problem finding them guilty.

Of what?

Hard to believe anyone would be so irresponsible to make such a thing.

Before this past weekend, when was the last time a bump stock was used in a mass murder?

How many infants drown in five-gallon buckets each year?

Should they be sued as well?

Maybe if you had a large passenger jet, you could have had something, but a small Cessna or other single engine plane wouldn't do that much damage. Yeah, people might die, but not as many as in the shooting.

Dirty bomb on board.

Anthrax, numerous other things.

What's next? A fleet of drones with sarin gas?

I thought machine guns and virtually all other guns are illegal in France? Am I wrong?

Paris massacre: At least 128 killed in gunfire and blasts, French officials say
By Steve Almasy, Pierre Meilhan and Jim Bittermann, CNN

Updated 9:48 AM ET, Sat November 14, 2015

Paris (CNN)On a night when thousands of Paris residents and tourists were reveling and fans were enjoying a soccer match between France and world champion Germany, horror struck in an unprecedented manner. Terrorists -- some with AK-47s, some reportedly with bombs strapped to them -- attacked sites throughout the French capital and at the stadium where the soccer match was underway.

Paris massacre: At least 128 die in attacks - CNN

Forum List

Back