Should the sellers and manufacturers of Bump Stocks be sued?

Should the clerks in a liquor store who sell a guy 5 cases of Bud Light and 2 handle bottles of cheap whiskey be able to be sued along with the makers of that alcohol when that guy who got blind drunk at home decides to drive to Taco Bell at 2 AM and mows down a few people on the way?

Dunno about the liquor store, but if someone gets into an accident after leaving a bar, not only is the driver held responsible, but in some cases, so can the bar, according to the laws in TX.

As far as bump stocks being legal? Think about this...........the gunman was able to fire at the crowd for around 10 min. Rate of fire for someone with a bold action rifle if they are good, is around 30 rpm, which would be around 300 rounds.

Rate of fire for a semi automatic that hasn't been modified and requires your finger is around 60 to 100 rpm, which would be around 600 to 1000 rounds.

This dude killed 59 people, and injured over 450 others. Many had multiple gunshot wounds.

If you can reduce the rate of fire that weapons are capable of that are sold to civilians, you can reduce the number of gun deaths. If that shooter had a regular semi automatic with no mods or a bolt action rifle, the carnage would have been much less.

He was firing into a crowed of thousands of people....he could have fired with a gun in each hand on semi auto......

You guys are so desperate that your brains are melting....

You've been watching too many Rambo movies. I challenge you to be able to cause carnage like that with a gun in each hand like you've described, then fire at a target that is 350 to 450 yards away, and 320 feet down.

Besides.............did you know that 16 of his guns were fitted with bump stocks? He wasn't hunting, he wasn't a "gun enthusiast", he was a cold blooded killer who got the best equipment he could to slaughter as many people as he could.

If he hadn't had the bump stocks, maybe more people would be alive today.

He was firing into a crowd of 22,000 people........he could have had a rifle in each hand and pulled the triggers.....what about that do you not understand?

What we know about the Las Vegas shooting - CNN

An expert without bump stocks would have had a higher kill ratio.

He could have simply used a good scope and picked people off......and had a higher kill ratio.....shooting into 22,000 people....they wouldn't even have heard him as easily.........and they wouldn't have taken off and tried to find cover.......

Dunno if the makers of the bump stock should be sued, but I do think that modification kits for making semi auto weapons into full auto should be banned.

The ONLY purpose a machine gun has is to throw lots of lead downrange to kill and destroy people. You don't go hunting or target practicing with a machine gun.
Outside of the fact that a citizen does not need to justify any of this, the question is moot. With or without a bump stock, someone who will not use the gun in an illicit manner is no danger to anyone.

However, it does beg the question. If ever it does come to pass that the government comes to take our liberty away, they will come with modern weapons that are fully automatic. The prudent citizen would do well to have an answer to that and bump stocks fit that bill nicely.

Should the survivors and families of those murdered this weekend in Vegas have standing to sue the makers and sellers of Bump Stocks?

If not, why not?
No, because it was a legally manufactured and sold product that supposedly just allows the gun owner to have the "experience" of firing a machine gun without actually having a machine gun. It's just fun at the target range stuff, they'll say. When it's used for any length of time, it makes the gun smoke and it's not meant for serious use.

However, I do wish and hope that Bump Stocks will be taken off the market immediately. If the company had half a social conscience, they would do it themselves.

Why? The guy that used them illegally is dead.

Yeah, but there are other idiots out there who are probably considering doing something as stupid. And, because of the non stop coverage, we all know how to do an effective attack.

1) Find an event that will be well attended, and is in the open air.
2) Find a vantage point that is high enough to cover the whole area.
3) Make sure vantage point is also far enough away to render small arms fire from the crowd being slaughtered useless.
4) Set up cameras in hallway to give warning when police are approaching so that you can suicide out if necessary.
5) (and this is one of the things they used to find him) Make sure smoke detectors in room selected are disabled, as well as use masking tape to seal the doorway, because gunsmoke can give away your position.
6) Set up multiple high powered, rapid fire weapons for easy change out.
7) Break out window.
8) Cause carnage.

All they have to do now is go out and get the weapons and bump stocks.

Do you also realize that ISIL has been watching this closely? They have tried to claim credit for this attack, and you can bet your ass they have been watching the news casts about this to find out how he did it.

Wonder if ISIL is going to change their tactics to this from suicide vests? This one has caused much more carnage and death than any suicide vest or car bomb ever thought about.

I don't know. It seems like he went through a lot of trouble for that event.
He was a pilot with 2 airplanes. I would have just crashed my plane into the concert.

Dunno if the carnage would have been that bad. Planes aren't that wide, and in some cases, the plane would just push them out of the way and maybe break bones without killing them.

Maybe if you had a large passenger jet, you could have had something, but a small Cessna or other single engine plane wouldn't do that much damage. Yeah, people might die, but not as many as in the shooting.

Dunno about the liquor store, but if someone gets into an accident after leaving a bar, not only is the driver held responsible, but in some cases, so can the bar, according to the laws in TX.

As far as bump stocks being legal? Think about this...........the gunman was able to fire at the crowd for around 10 min. Rate of fire for someone with a bold action rifle if they are good, is around 30 rpm, which would be around 300 rounds.

Rate of fire for a semi automatic that hasn't been modified and requires your finger is around 60 to 100 rpm, which would be around 600 to 1000 rounds.

This dude killed 59 people, and injured over 450 others. Many had multiple gunshot wounds.

If you can reduce the rate of fire that weapons are capable of that are sold to civilians, you can reduce the number of gun deaths. If that shooter had a regular semi automatic with no mods or a bolt action rifle, the carnage would have been much less.

He was firing into a crowed of thousands of people....he could have fired with a gun in each hand on semi auto......

You guys are so desperate that your brains are melting....

You've been watching too many Rambo movies. I challenge you to be able to cause carnage like that with a gun in each hand like you've described, then fire at a target that is 350 to 450 yards away, and 320 feet down.

Besides.............did you know that 16 of his guns were fitted with bump stocks? He wasn't hunting, he wasn't a "gun enthusiast", he was a cold blooded killer who got the best equipment he could to slaughter as many people as he could.

If he hadn't had the bump stocks, maybe more people would be alive today.

He was firing into a crowd of 22,000 people........he could have had a rifle in each hand and pulled the triggers.....what about that do you not understand?

What we know about the Las Vegas shooting - CNN

An expert without bump stocks would have had a higher kill ratio.

He could have simply used a good scope and picked people off......and had a higher kill ratio.....shooting into 22,000 people....they wouldn't even have heard him as easily.........and they wouldn't have taken off and tried to find cover.......

And used less ammo!!!!!!

Should the survivors and families of those murdered this weekend in Vegas have standing to sue the makers and sellers of Bump Stocks?

If not, why not?
No, because it was a legally manufactured and sold product that supposedly just allows the gun owner to have the "experience" of firing a machine gun without actually having a machine gun. It's just fun at the target range stuff, they'll say. When it's used for any length of time, it makes the gun smoke and it's not meant for serious use.

However, I do wish and hope that Bump Stocks will be taken off the market immediately. If the company had half a social conscience, they would do it themselves.

Why? The guy that used them illegally is dead.

Yeah, but there are other idiots out there who are probably considering doing something as stupid. And, because of the non stop coverage, we all know how to do an effective attack.

1) Find an event that will be well attended, and is in the open air.
2) Find a vantage point that is high enough to cover the whole area.
3) Make sure vantage point is also far enough away to render small arms fire from the crowd being slaughtered useless.
4) Set up cameras in hallway to give warning when police are approaching so that you can suicide out if necessary.
5) (and this is one of the things they used to find him) Make sure smoke detectors in room selected are disabled, as well as use masking tape to seal the doorway, because gunsmoke can give away your position.
6) Set up multiple high powered, rapid fire weapons for easy change out.
7) Break out window.
8) Cause carnage.

All they have to do now is go out and get the weapons and bump stocks.

Do you also realize that ISIL has been watching this closely? They have tried to claim credit for this attack, and you can bet your ass they have been watching the news casts about this to find out how he did it.

Wonder if ISIL is going to change their tactics to this from suicide vests? This one has caused much more carnage and death than any suicide vest or car bomb ever thought about.

I don't know. It seems like he went through a lot of trouble for that event.
He was a pilot with 2 airplanes. I would have just crashed my plane into the concert.

Excatly....thank you...he could have loaded his plane with.......well...I am not going to spread ideas....but a small plane crashing into 22,000 people......worse than the rental truck that killed 89 people...
Hell, give Me some hot wingz from buffalo wild wingz and about 8 Hamms cools sky blue water beer then turn Me loose into the crowd. The carnage would be horrible!!

Dunno if the makers of the bump stock should be sued, but I do think that modification kits for making semi auto weapons into full auto should be banned.

The ONLY purpose a machine gun has is to throw lots of lead downrange to kill and destroy people. You don't go hunting or target practicing with a machine gun.
Outside of the fact that a citizen does not need to justify any of this, the question is moot. With or without a bump stock, someone who will not use the gun in an illicit manner is no danger to anyone.

However, it does beg the question. If ever it does come to pass that the government comes to take our liberty away, they will come with modern weapons that are fully automatic. The prudent citizen would do well to have an answer to that and bump stocks fit that bill nicely.

Hey...............fertilizer is legal to buy and sell, but some idiots still manage to make bombs. And, because of that, there are regulations on it.

After watching all the news, and finding out how bump stocks work, how long do you think it's gonna be before ISIL starts encouraging their lone wolfs over here to get them? You can legally buy a semi automatic weapon, you can legally buy a bump stock, and if you have a semi automatic with a bump stock, you effectively have a machine gun.

Hey...............fertilizer is legal to buy and sell, but some idiots still manage to make bombs. And, because of that, there are regulations on it.

After watching all the news, and finding out how bump stocks work, how long do you think it's gonna be before ISIL starts encouraging their lone wolfs over here to get them? You can legally buy a semi automatic weapon, you can legally buy a bump stock, and if you have a semi automatic with a bump stock, you effectively have a machine gun.
Fertilizer should not be regulated. How many times has it been used as a weapon of mass destruction in the US since its creation? Once? Again, it is not the tool, it is the person.

As for ISIS, who cares? I don't believe in limiting the freedoms of US citizens based upon what terrorist may or may not do.

I do hope the FBI is monitoring this thread.

Thanks again.

Let me add, those who make the bump stock, and those who sell them, know their purpose, and enable terrorists - domestic, foreign, or insane - to use their product, and know how they can be used.

Every victim needs to hire an attorney on a contingency and flood the courts in the states which manufactured the product or sold it, and name the NRA and other periodicals as defendants if they advertised the product in its publications.

Thanks again.

Let me add, those who make the bump stock, and those who sell them, know their purpose, and enable terrorists - domestic, foreign, or insane - to use their product, and know how they can be used.

Every victim needs to hire an attorney on a contingency and flood the courts in the states which manufactured the product or sold it, and name the NRA and other periodicals as defendants if they advertised the product in its publications.

Yes...you are a little fascist, aren't you.....?

Let them. I have a First Amendment right to my thoughts and speech.

Thanks again.

Yes...you are a little fascist, aren't you.....?

I'm not little and I'm not a fascist. And I'm not a coward who needs to bring a gun to the grocery store like you. Now, stop posting off topic and respond to the issue if you can.

Your obsession with guns is way too pathological, seek a good therapist.

Yep, and you're not shy about expressing it. However, the advice today is if you see or hear something, report it. Most times it goes no where, but when it does carnage can be prevented, and being interrogated by the FBI is not fun.

You're not the only one to be defending guns in the face of mass murders. That is something worth looking into especially when the record of posts by the defenders reflect hate for others.

I know....let's sue obama and put him in jail for 25 years....it was his ATF that allowed the Bump Stock to be sold....so if anyone needs to go to jail for this...it's him...right? Genius? If you are going to punish everyone connected to this device...right....? Moron.

I nominate this op for DUMBASS THREAD OF THE DAY

I'm sorry, you have no standing in the matter. Civil Issues are much different than Criminal ones.
My standing is as qualified as yours dumbass. I get one vote in November just like you.

Had you argued the merits of making them illegal you could have possibly wine me over.

But instead you posted this stupid bullshit.

You're an idiot

Yep, and you're not shy about expressing it. However, the advice today is if you see or hear something, report it. Most times it goes no where, but when it does carnage can be prevented, and being interrogated by the FBI is not fun.

You're not the only one to be defending guns in the face of mass murders. That is something worth looking into especially when the record of posts by the defenders reflect hate for others.
I've had interviews with the FBI and the OSI for My security clearances in the past. As a citizen who has done nothing wrong, I have no fear of talking with authorities.

In the face of mass murders, I am pointing directly at the problem and that problem is not the guns. It is the people who misuse the gun. It really doesn't take a Rhodes scholar to see the trends are a direct response to other out of control events in our society. One has only to talk and listen to the attitudes of the Millenials and other low moral groups to see that violence is quickly becoming the norm for those who cannot tolerate worldviews that do not mesh with their own. Now, this clown isn't a millennial to be sure, but I think you'll find after the investigation is complete that he too had a deep-seated belief of 'entitlement'. If so, it may have come from his wealth, his years believing he was the best at what he did, or a host of other physiological reasons.

What you won't find is that the gun acted on its own.

I know....let's sue obama and put him in jail for 25 years....it was his ATF that allowed the Bump Stock to be sold....so if anyone needs to go to jail for this...it's him...right? Genius? If you are going to punish everyone connected to this device...right....? Moron.

Yep, if what you say is true, not only would that surprise me, I'd agree he should be held accountable.

If not, why not?
The 'bump' stocks were created to get around the legal limit on having a machine gun. Yes, they should be sued for every cent they have, and be rendered homeless.

Forum List

Back