Should The Second Amendment Be Amended

Sep 29, 2014
if yes what should be changed and why
if no, reasons why

from Scotland and have to write about the American constitution in a modern studies essay. need to get primary source info from Americans on their views if the second amendment (sorry the question is a bit vague)

if no, reasons why

from Scotland and have to write about the American constitution in a modern studies essay. need to get primary source info from Americans on their views if the second amendment (sorry the question is a bit vague)
i 4get which one is second ammendment? right to bare arms? ;lol

hitler-youth.jpg

Show of hands, who wants to amend the Second Amendment?

American Progressive are no different that their forefathers, Mao, Stalin and Hitler. They're craving elimination of the Second Amendment so they can rule like a dictatorship.

if no, reasons why

The second amendment is an individual right to own possess and carry firearms. One of the reasons this is true is because of the need for a militia, another reason is to ensure that individuals have the ability to defend themselves , their family and their Country. That is just a couple reasons for the 2nd amendment. There is no reason to change it. It serves a very important purpose.

if no, reasons why

wow...

Poor punctuation, poor spelling and abject ignorance...Why did you even reply?

if no, reasons why

wow...

who has pore punctuation, speling and object ingantsance? y reeplie

hitler-youth.jpg

Show of hands, who wants to amend the Second Amendment?

American Progressive are no different that their forefathers, Mao, Stalin and Hitler. They're craving elimination of the Second Amendment so they can rule like a dictatorship.
werent these folks with their hands up well armed? they were all gun nuts too.

if no, reasons why

wow...

who has pore punctuation, speling and object ingantsance? y reeplie

yeah..hilarious, scooter...you're a regular clown...:laugh2:

fear breeds ignorance and paranoia. I second the amendment. so it's passed. hand me some ammo please.

if no, reasons why

When I worked in Europe, the two things I was asked about the most frequently about America were guns and the death penalty.

Attitudes towards government and guns are very different over there and here. Here are some of the highlights of points I made that Europeans thought made the most sense.

1) Guns are a lot more engrained in our culture historically. By the time guns came to Britain and Europe, you were already largely in towns and the country was not expanding. Sure, there were hunters and sportsmen, but the main populace had no need for guns. Most guns were used for war, which is your primary association with them. Here, we expanded west, which involved hunting, defending ourselves from indians, the French, the Spanish, Mexicans. Guns were far more critical to eating and survival on a wide scale than they ever were in Europe. We passed that on to generations and we still hunt and have a lot more shooting sportsmen.

2) You are a lot more homogenous. People in towns know each other, you have a common background, common attitudes. Someone gets out of line and commits crimes, you are a lot more likely to turn them in. Crime rates are lower. Here, there are a lot of groups and some are reasonably a threat. We are also not as dense and there are Mexican drug cartels, gangs and gangsters on a far wider basis than you have. Note as Europe is becoming more diverse, those areas are also increasing violence. I am not saying the diversity is bad, but I'm saying there is bad with the good.

3) You view your governments more trustingly than we do. Some of that is that we can view our governments as the threat, as they were in Ruby Ridge and Waco and as the IRS and DOJ in the war on drugs are. But some of that also is we don't expect our government to protect us as much. They come and draw lines around the body and ask a few questions to see if they can figure out who did it. You call them here and say you are being threatened, they pretty much tell you to call back when you have been killed.

4) It's a lot harder to keep guns here from bad buys. Our borders are long, we are flanked on the south by the third world and we are a lot less densely populated. And our citizens are not nearly as likely to turn people in for possession of a gun.

If you want to understand it, you can't explain it in your culture, you have to explain it in ours. The reality is guns are not going away from bad guys. All gun laws do is keep them from honest citizens who want to protect themselves. We follow the law, the bad guys don't.

if no, reasons why

When I worked in Europe, the two things I was asked about the most frequently about America were guns and the death penalty.

Attitudes towards government and guns are very different over there and here. Here are some of the highlights of points I made that Europeans thought made the most sense.

1) Guns are a lot more engrained in our culture historically. By the time guns came to Britain and Europe, you were already largely in towns and the country was not expanding. Sure, there were hunters and sportsmen, but the main populace had no need for guns. Most guns were used for war, which is your primary association with them. Here, we expanded west, which involved hunting, defending ourselves from indians, the French, the Spanish, Mexicans. Guns were far more critical to eating and survival on a wide scale than they ever were in Europe. We passed that on to generations and we still hunt and have a lot more shooting sportsmen.

2) You are a lot more homogenous. People in towns know each other, you have a common background, common attitudes. Someone gets out of line and commits crimes, you are a lot more likely to turn them in. Crime rates are lower. Here, there are a lot of groups and some are reasonably a threat. We are also not as dense and there are Mexican drug cartels, gangs and gangsters on a far wider basis than you have. Note as Europe is becoming more diverse, those areas are also increasing violence. I am not saying the diversity is bad, but I'm saying there is bad with the good.

3) You view your governments more trustingly than we do. Some of that is that we can view our governments as the threat, as they were in Ruby Ridge and Waco and as the IRS and DOJ in the war on drugs are. But some of that also is we don't expect our government to protect us as much. They come and draw lines around the body and ask a few questions to see if they can figure out who did it. You call them here and say you are being threatened, they pretty much tell you to call back when you have been killed.

4) It's a lot harder to keep guns here from bad buys. Our borders are long, we are flanked on the south by the third world and we are a lot less densely populated. And our citizens are not nearly as likely to turn people in for possession of a gun.

If you want to understand it, you can't explain it in your culture, you have to explain it in ours. The reality is guns are not going away from bad guys. All gun laws do is keep them from honest citizens who want to protect themselves. We follow the law, the bad guys don't.
this post is hilarious. we had to protect ourselves from indians? we have violent third world countries we actually made by conquering them and exporting our jobs to them at below poverty rates there and imported illegals up here to lower the wages here. I could go on raping you but you've seemed to arm yourself with enough ammo for others to do so. what a joke this reasoning is. we are the violent and criminal ones. always have been. that's why we "need" guns. because we live by the gun and will die by it. dah

this post is hilarious. we had to protect ourselves from indians?

The post was called here on account of overt stupidity. That isn't what I said, douche. Reading comprehension eludes you. If you have an argument that I'm wrong, it's best served by addressing what I actually said.

The post was called here on account of overt stupidity. That isn't what I said, douche. Reading comprehension eludes you. If you have an argument that I'm wrong, it's best served by addressing what I actually said.
what did I miss? are you the one that posted the stupid four points of why we need guns and the english don't? I saw the stupidity and if the shoe fits don't throw it at me.

if no, reasons why

It should be amended to say: "Don't mess with this amendment in any way, shape, or form." Or "mag capacity should be unlimited."

what did I miss? are you the one that posted the stupid four points of why we need guns and the english don't? I saw the stupidity and if the shoe fits don't throw it at me.

I didn't say we are protecting ourselves from indians today. You're an idiot. Address my post and what I actually said, or just be a stupid useless bitch. So far, you've chosen the latter.

your first point says they see guns as a tool of war then go on to say we needed to protect ourselves from spanish, mexicans and indians which we conquered by WAR. which is what guns are usually supposed to be associated with. your second point is that we are many trying to be one and those among us are more violent then their homogenous groups. WRONG,. we, the whites of American, have always been more violent then the peaceful people we've conquered. We have been shrewder about it and better at hiding it ommitting it from our history books to protect the guilty. your third post is not worth responding to. thanks. now let's have a look at the 4th. same answer i already gave and some to the third as well.

your first point says they see guns as a tool of war then go on to say we needed to protect ourselves from spanish, mexicans and indians which we conquered by WAR. which is what guns are usually supposed to be associated with. your second point is that we are many trying to be one and those among us are more violent then their homogenous groups. WRONG,. we, the whites of American, have always been more violent then the peaceful people we've conquered. We have been shrewder about it and better at hiding it ommitting it from our history books to protect the guilty. your third post is not worth responding to. thanks. now let's have a look at the 4th. same answer i already gave and some to the third as well.

The version of what I said according to an angry child with a thin knowledge of history and a heavy bias and agenda.

The version of what I said according to an angry child with a thin knowledge of history and a heavy bias and agenda.
peace out. nice chatting. no hard feelings. are you packing? i bet they gave you a carry permit too. lol.

Forum List

Back