• Yes

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • ish, I'll explain my 22ndA tweak

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
Obviously you don't know the thread.

We know what the 22nd covers/is. The question is, does it need amended/scrapped if the people want a specific person to serve as many terms as reelected.

I seem to be fly paper for two fucking retards at the moment.
You answer your own question. If the people want to scrap it they will, with an amendment. You foreigners seem easily confused by the Constitution and how it works.

Amendments can’t be ‘amended’ – only repealed via the amendment process.

The 22nd Amendment should be repealed and the Constitution amended limiting a president to a single four year term.

You see, that would be a bad idea, too.

if the President never has to worry about re-election, how do we pass judgement on him and his policies?

Two terms is fine. It was the standard set by George Washington and remained the standard until FDR got full of himself. Then it had to be formalized.

If the US people want the same president for more than 2 terms, then should the 22nd Amendment be scrapped/amended?
No...the entire purpose of a constitution is to protect certain things called rights from a vote of the majority...our constitution was created with the intent to fix some/most of things that simple majority rule democracies failed at.

Amendments can’t be ‘amended’ – only repealed via the amendment process.
The 22nd Amendment should be repealed and the Constitution amended limiting a president to a single four year term.
good post, how did you come up with 4 years?...whenever this is kicked around it is usually suggested as one 6 year term...problem with shortening to one term is that the Obama's, Kennedy's and Reagans etc. will all get the same amount of time as the presidents you do not like i.e. the lousy presidents will not be affected by this but the good ones will.

I would like to see a six year term tested at the governor level before we try to reach the consensus needed for a US constitutional amendment.

Forum List

Back