Should the popular vote be the ultimate decider?

Then I Submit to you in that case that such States should excise themselves from the union because they can never be equally represented. The reason they joined the union in the first place was not because of their population density or lack thereof but because of the offer of equal standing.

Jo
It`s my belief that governments should represent the wishes of people as states are nothing more than invisible boundaries. A Montana resident`s vote counts more than my Pennsylvania vote. The largest state has 70 times the population of our smallest state yet the EC ratio of those states is 18-1. If you live in a larger state, your vote counts for less. Is that fair? States Rights should have all died at Appomattox IMO. A ship at sea can`t function with 50 captains.

It's my belief that you want the world to accommodate you so that you don't have to inconvenience yourself.

Your vote counts as one person voting in your state, by any measurement. That's all you're entitled to. The fact that YOU chose to live in a state where there are a lot of other people voting, and the fact that you don't think it's fair that they all get the exact same rights you do, is irrelevant..

Actually what's irrelevant is your ignoring the entire point and cowardly hiding behind these bullshit memes that can't be substantiated.

For instance --- again --- if a proxy-WTA system is so genius, how come ZERO of the 57 states have ever used any form of it to elect their governor? It's the same thing, in microcosm.

If you missed it, that number was ZERO.

What nation has 57 states?

Jo

It seems odd that the popular vote can provide a man or women a life-time appointment by a simple majority of one vote. A 2/3 + one would likely assure a nominee was worthy of such an honor. As it is, we have an admitted drunk and a liar to the Supreme Court.

Yes, Ginsburg still sits on the supreme court.

It`s my belief that governments should represent the wishes of people as states are nothing more than invisible boundaries. A Montana resident`s vote counts more than my Pennsylvania vote. The largest state has 70 times the population of our smallest state yet the EC ratio of those states is 18-1. If you live in a larger state, your vote counts for less. Is that fair? States Rights should have all died at Appomattox IMO. A ship at sea can`t function with 50 captains.

It's my belief that you want the world to accommodate you so that you don't have to inconvenience yourself.

Your vote counts as one person voting in your state, by any measurement. That's all you're entitled to. The fact that YOU chose to live in a state where there are a lot of other people voting, and the fact that you don't think it's fair that they all get the exact same rights you do, is irrelevant..

Actually what's irrelevant is your ignoring the entire point and cowardly hiding behind these bullshit memes that can't be substantiated.

For instance --- again --- if a proxy-WTA system is so genius, how come ZERO of the 57 states have ever used any form of it to elect their governor? It's the same thing, in microcosm.

Jo

It seems odd that the popular vote can provide a man or women a life-time appointment by a simple majority of one vote. A 2/3 + one would likely assure a nominee was worthy of such an honor. As it is, we have an admitted drunk and a liar to the Supreme Court.

Do you know she and Scalia were very close friends?

Jo

:auiqs.jpg:

Then I Submit to you in that case that such States should excise themselves from the union because they can never be equally represented. The reason they joined the union in the first place was not because of their population density or lack thereof but because of the offer of equal standing.

Jo

Jo

Your post is untrutful and a perfect example of why the type of control you seek is not available.

Jo

Your post is untrutful and a perfect example of why the type of control you seek is not available.

Truth is relative, just ask Trump&Co.

Jo

You're thinking of Ginsburg the pot smoker. I think he's referring to Kavanaugh who reportedly "likes beer".

If the Popular Vote would have been the law Slick Willy would have lost...snowflakes LOVED the Electoral College!

:p. Bwuhahahaha.....

Ummmm actually no. He won the PV, both times he ran.

I dunno, maybe stuff like "Wikipedia" and "libraries" are beyond the reach of some.

he never got 51% of the PV but won the EC. you were fine with it then.

Link?

Nope, didn't think so.

Giving representation to prairie dogs and sage brush makes very little sense.

Jo

Jo

Other than Heinz ketchup, it's an ongoing joke. Perhaps you weren't paying attention then either.

Jo

Jo

Other than Heinz ketchup, it's an ongoing joke. Perhaps you weren't paying attention then either.

Ahhh so now it's ok to use rounded numbers eh?

Jo

Jo

Jo

57 is not a "rounded" number.

Jo

Jo

57 is not a "rounded" number.

Depends on what you're trying to round...

Jo

Jo

And she had been observed many a time to be shit faced in public.... But that's always OK... Kavanaugh was haunted by 30 year old rumors of being a normal college kid and he somehow is a career drunk. This is the thickness of the bias that one must deal with
when venturing for to converse with the left.

Jo

Jo

Jo

Are you sure it's not just stunningly ignorant or shockingly innacurate? Perhaps catastrophically misinformed?

Jo

Jo

Do you know she and Scalia were very close friends?

Just proves that you can be friends with someone you disagree with on almost everything. something we need to do more of.

If the Popular Vote would have been the law Slick Willy would have lost...snowflakes LOVED the Electoral College!

I dunno, maybe stuff like "Wikipedia" and "libraries" are beyond the reach of some.

Link?

Nope, didn't think so.

1992 United States presidential election - Wikipedia

In case you cant open this one the results of the PV in 1992 were Clinton 43% Bush 37.4%, Perot 18.9%. 43 is a long way from 51.

Link?

Nope, didn't think so.

In case you cant open this one the results of the PV in 1992 were Clinton 43% Bush 37.4%, Perot 18.9%. 43 is a long way from 51.

Yeah that's very cute, and I already knew that, didn't need the link.

I meant a link to your last line. The second pseudo-sentence that begins in lower case. I bolded it so you can't miss it this time.

Once again pulling 'alternative facts' out of your ass with no basis. And yes I know that's redundant.

Last edited:

Jo

Are you sure it's not just stunningly ignorant or shockingly innacurate? Perhaps catastrophically misinformed?

Jo

Sorry, I'm not a big adverber. You'll just have to take what I write the way I write it.
Are you that banned guy who trolls around claiming they "know me from a previous website"?

I will admit though, those combinations do remind me of another similar model. It went, "astonishingly excellent".

Link?

Nope, didn't think so.

I meant a link to your last line. The second pseudo-sentence that begins in lower case. I bolded it so you can't miss it this time.

Once again pulling 'alternative facts' out of your ass with no basis. And yes I know that's redundant.

so you can go back to 1992 and show us some posts where you opposed the EC after Clinton won? Sorry, but simply making the claim proves nothing.

Link?

Nope, didn't think so.

so you can go back to 1992 and show us some posts where you opposed the EC after Clinton won? Sorry, but simply making the claim proves nothing.

*I* don't *NEED* to, Dumbass. **YOU** need to prove the opposite. It's YOUR claim, not mine, that I was "fine with it". As I JUST POINTED OUT, pulling alternative "facts" out of your ass that you didn't bother to establish first. Oh, the density.....

And you're welcome to do so and then crawl back here and avoid admitting you found it.

What the fuck is it, something in the water?? :banghead:

Link?

Nope, didn't think so.

Goes to show us that a 3rd party can upset the apple cart for one or the other major party. In 2000 Gore would have been elected had Nader not run.

Forum List

Back