Should the mods/admins enforce Zone 2 Rules in the Politics Forum?

Should the Political Forum not allow flaming/name calling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a racist because of the comments he made about Germans and Irish in this thread, among other things he has posted.

I would expect one racist to defend another though, so I am not surprised you tried to do so.

Germans and Irish are not a race. I'm sure you have a dictionary handy don't you?

I know, you have such a narrow definition of racism that only whites can be racist, and only if they put down people of color.

Signs like this used to be all over the place, right next to the ones saying no blacks. That used to be called racism, but in our modern society prefers to pretend it isn't.

Image7.gif

More reading, if you want to learn.

http://picturinghistory.gc.cuny.edu/item.php?item_id=211

Bigotry is bigotry, no matter what you call it, and you are supporting a bigot.

Yeah...when more jobs were available, the Irish were able to apply...but blacks were not. The Irish were able to frequent establishments...blacks were not. The bigotry against the Irish was short lived. Very short lived.

Of course, Gracie isn't telling the entire story. We were discussing how Negro is an offensive term when used by racists...so she proceeded to call me a Negro because the word doesn't bother her. I replied by calling her a **** because the word does not bother me...then she started crying. Hypocrite...yes! She is incapable of telling the whole story.

I am sure she didn't tell her black pal the entire story either.

I said:

Hey Negro..this Whitey doesn't care what you think

He responded with ok ****.

Something along those lines. I don't see it now. Maybe both comments were deleted by staff. I dunno. Don't care. I just wanted to see if the pal would speak up against his buddy. :eusa_whistle:

You dont see anything wrong with what you said? Are you really trying to tell me you dont believe calling him a Negro was racist? I thought you were different.

:lol: I responded in kind and hurt her feeling! :lmao:

But words don't mean anything...right. :rofl:

I know, you have such a narrow definition of racism that only whites can be racist, and only if they put down people of color.

Signs like this used to be all over the place, right next to the ones saying no blacks. That used to be called racism, but in our modern society prefers to pretend it isn't.

Image7.gif

Your attempt at assuming is in bad form. Anyone can be a racist.

No matter how you try to twist it the German and Irish are not a race. If you haven't attended school in a while those are nationalities. Most people are bigots depending on the definition you want to use. I hate white racists. That makes me a bigot.

Nonetheless, you are defending a bigot because of your personal bigotry. That makes you wrong, end of discussion.

Sorry dude. I'm defending someone that speaks out against racism. You cant handle that then go bump your head against the wall until you feel better.

Of course, Gracie isn't telling the entire story. We were discussing how Negro is an offensive term when used by racists...so she proceeded to call me a Negro because the word doesn't bother her. I replied by calling her a **** because the word does not bother me...then she started crying. Hypocrite...yes! She is incapable of telling the whole story.

I am sure she didn't tell her black pal the entire story either.

I said:

Something along those lines. I don't see it now. Maybe both comments were deleted by staff. I dunno. Don't care. I just wanted to see if the pal would speak up against his buddy. :eusa_whistle:

You dont see anything wrong with what you said? Are you really trying to tell me you dont believe calling him a Negro was racist? I thought you were different.

I just called my friend back. He laughed again.

Maybe its a location thing. He just got out of prison on a felony. Maybe in prison, they call each other nigga and negro. Who knows. But he laughs at you.

And..i am done with both you and your pal Nutz.

This thread is now all about Bad Ol Whitey. Ok. Pfffffffffffffft.

Ok. I am about done with this thread. The way I see it...and maybe its just me....but many folks here speak up to ANYONE they think is going overboard with racist shit...and aren't shy about it. However, most blacks I have run across find reason to back up their own...regardless. Proof is in the threads on this board. So... Asclepias is not showing any reason for me to think I am in the wrong for thinking this.

Pffffffffffft on both of you.

sniffle...all black people are racists and if they stand up against racism...they back up their own! :lmao:

No, just the racist ones, like you.

:lol: it'll be okay, another blackie will disagree with you tomorrow and you can call them a a racist too.

I can assure you your friend is in the minority or he is fibbing. Where did he call you a ****? i cant find it anywhere on this thread.

He may have edited it when I said I was going to @ you. He said it. The others saw it too.

And my friend in not in the minority.

Some folks find it offensive, MOST do not. Negro means black. Period. Next you will be saying Black is offensive. Again..pahlease. eye roll

I'm pretty sure I know more Black people than you do. I cant think of any that find the term to be non-offensive. I know what the Latin term means. You know exactly what the current use of the term means. You are just upset right now.

That's impossible. One black person agreed with her opinion (and she didn't tell the whole story) so she is right! I guess you and I just aren't black enough for her.

I said:

Maybe its a location thing. He just got out of prison on a felony. Maybe in prison, they call each other nigga and negro. Who knows. But he laughs at you.

So a felon has the final say for gracie! :lmao: Pathetic. Did you tell him the whole story?

Ok. I am about done with this thread. The way I see it...and maybe its just me....but many folks here speak up to ANYONE they think is going overboard with racist shit...and aren't shy about it. However, most blacks I have run across find reason to back up their own...regardless. Proof is in the threads on this board. So... Asclepias is not showing any reason for me to think I am in the wrong for thinking this.

Pffffffffffft on both of you.

You called him a Negro and you think that's OK. Its probably best if you don't look for me to support you on that. I'm pretty disappointed.

He is a racist because of the comments he made about Germans and Irish in this thread, among other things he has posted.

I would expect one racist to defend another though, so I am not surprised you tried to do so.

Germans and Irish are not a race. I'm sure you have a dictionary handy don't you?

Image7.gif

ACTUALLY: Richard J. Jensen - "No Irish Need Apply": A Myth of Victimization - Journal of Social History 36:2

The fact that Irish vividly "remember" NINA signs is a curious historical puzzle. There are no contemporary or retrospective accounts of a specific sign at a specific location. No particular business enterprise is named as a culprit. No historian, archivist, or museum curator has ever located one; no photograph or drawing exists. No other ethnic group complained about being singled out by comparable signs. Only Irish Catholics have reported seeing the sign in America—no Protestant, no Jew, no non-Irish Catholic has reported seeing one. This is especially strange since signs were primarily directed toward these others: the signs said that employment was available here and invited Yankees, French-Canadians, Italians and any other non-Irish to come inside and apply. The business literature, both published and unpublished, never mentions NINA or any policy remotely like it. The newspapers and magazines are silent. The courts are silent. There is no record of an angry youth tossing a brick through the window that held such a sign. Have we not discovered all of the signs of an urban legend?

You may submit your profound, unmitigated butthurt upon realizing that you are wrong in the form of a haiku poem to be displayed in your signature along with a link to this thread. If you are unable to come up with an adequate one, I can provide creative assistance to you.

No matter how you try to twist it the German and Irish are not a race. If you haven't attended school in a while those are nationalities. Most people are bigots depending on the definition you want to use. I hate white racists. That makes me a bigot.

Nonetheless, you are defending a bigot because of your personal bigotry. That makes you wrong, end of discussion.

Sorry dude. I'm defending someone that speaks out against racism. You cant handle that then go bump your head against the wall until you feel better.

They really aren't smart enough to understand any of it. I would call all Spaniards dog poo if I knew it would offended their sensitivities! Since blacks are too thin skinned about racism and all...yet the truth isn't the same vice versa!

I speak out against racism all the time, and do it without claiming that Germans are genetically inferior. The only reason you are defending Nutz is that you both claim to be black, nothing more.

You are a bigot, admit it.

I said:

Let him know his opinion of me really hurts Gracie. I wouldn't exactly ask a convict about anything relating to intelligence. After all he did get caught doing something not so bright. Tell him he should be crying instead of laughing. He lost time being free and now has to deal with being a statistic at the whim of the industrial prison complex.

I speak out against racism all the time, and do it without claiming that Germans are genetically inferior. The only reason you are defending Nutz is that you both claim to be black, nothing more.

Where did I say Germans are inferior. Please provide a link...liar!

Image7.gif

ACTUALLY: Richard J. Jensen - "No Irish Need Apply": A Myth of Victimization - Journal of Social History 36:2

The fact that Irish vividly "remember" NINA signs is a curious historical puzzle. There are no contemporary or retrospective accounts of a specific sign at a specific location. No particular business enterprise is named as a culprit. No historian, archivist, or museum curator has ever located one; no photograph or drawing exists. No other ethnic group complained about being singled out by comparable signs. Only Irish Catholics have reported seeing the sign in America—no Protestant, no Jew, no non-Irish Catholic has reported seeing one. This is especially strange since signs were primarily directed toward these others: the signs said that employment was available here and invited Yankees, French-Canadians, Italians and any other non-Irish to come inside and apply. The business literature, both published and unpublished, never mentions NINA or any policy remotely like it. The newspapers and magazines are silent. The courts are silent. There is no record of an angry youth tossing a brick through the window that held such a sign. Have we not discovered all of the signs of an urban legend?
You may submit your profound, unmitigated butthurt upon realizing that you are wrong in the form of a haiku poem to be displayed in your signature along with a link to this thread. If you are unable to come up with an adequate one, I can provide creative assistance to you.

Really?

This looks like a photo to me.

No-Irish.jpg

I didnt ask you what you spoke out against. I told you to go back to school so you could figure out the difference between a nationality and a race. I already admitted I'm a bigot. I hate racists.

Image7.gif

Really?

This looks like a photo to me.

No-Irish.jpg

The Irish planted that photo so they could have an excuse for their failures and alcoholism.

:lmao: I kill myself.

Well, you do write crazy shit about Germans, not realizing that they are just a disparate a group of individuals as we Americans.... but I think you do it to be a wee bit batshit crazy, and brother, you are succeeding.

:lol:

I didnt ask you what you spoke out against. I told you to go back to school so you could figure out the difference between a nationality and a race. I already admitted I'm a bigot. I hate racists.

You are a bigot because you chose to defend a man who makes sexist remarks simply because you believe him when he claims to be black. Or was that thread of yours about your daughters simply posturing?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/363669-do-it-like-a-girl.html

If you want to know specifically what I am talking about check the post where I mentioned you.

But, please, feel free to pretend you have the moral high ground because of the color of your skin.

There is this discussion in the Politics forum;

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/366180-does-any-real-discussion-happen-on-usmb-or-just-insults-namecalling-and-lies.html

From what I can gather there is a bipartisan interest in cleaning it up by having the mods/admins enforce the Zone 2 Rules to eliminate the useless flaming and trolling.

So the intent of this poll is to find out who is interested in having a Political forum where flaming is not allowed?

The mods and admins can weigh in with their opinions since this impacts them too.

Please note that if you vote for cleaning it up you will be expected to clean up your own act too.

Thank you for your participation.
DT

I ignore any flames in my direction and stick to the content of the argument. I've been known to be taken to the limit by a hard head and accurately label his/hers deficiencies with colorful language.

I would be against any rule that forbids calling a troll a troll, an idiot an idiot, etc.

Well, you do write crazy shit about Germans, not realizing that they are just a disparate a group of individuals as we Americans.... but I think you do it to be a wee bit batshit crazy, and brother, you are succeeding.

:lol:

:lol: And as a German or person who lives in Germany, have I made sure you realized it is just batshit crazy talk? Do I call you Kraut or other offensive terms...do I not treat you with utmost respect?

Don't get me wrong...we should be mindful of German aggression and hate...but I do not hate Germans. But, I have said that many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back