Should the mods/admins enforce Zone 2 Rules in the Politics Forum?

Should the Political Forum not allow flaming/name calling?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derideo_Te

Je Suis Charlie
Mar 2, 2013
There is this discussion in the Politics forum;

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/366180-does-any-real-discussion-happen-on-usmb-or-just-insults-namecalling-and-lies.html

From what I can gather there is a bipartisan interest in cleaning it up by having the mods/admins enforce the Zone 2 Rules to eliminate the useless flaming and trolling.

So the intent of this poll is to find out who is interested in having a Political forum where flaming is not allowed?

The mods and admins can weigh in with their opinions since this impacts them too.

Please note that if you vote for cleaning it up you will be expected to clean up your own act too.

Thank you for your participation.
DT

There is this discussion in the Politics forum;

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...smb-or-just-insults-namecalling-and-lies.html

From what I can gather there is a bipartisan interest in cleaning it up by having the mods/admins enforce the Zone 2 Rules to eliminate the useless flaming and trolling.

So the intent of this poll is to find out who is interested in having a Political forum where flaming is not allowed?

The mods and admins can weigh in with their opinions since this impacts them too.

Please note that if you vote for cleaning it up you will be expected to clean up your own act too.

Thank you for your participation.
DT

They already do enforce the rules, the problem is the idiots that don't know what the politics forum is all about.

Removed @mentions from this post. They were primarily aimed at those who had posted in the original thread.

I for one am not interested in more rules or more policing, there is more than enough of that already. Sometimes discussions get heated, sometimes folks lose their cool and cut loose with a flame. It happens. But we are all adults, allegedly, and there is no reason we can not police ourselves.

That's just my opinion, but I could be wrong...

Drastic measures is what it will take, if they want change. Pink is what will have to happen. It will also take partisans to police there own.

In the end, I would say no personal insults outside of the flame zone! Allowing the flaming everywhere just takes it from thread to thread with no end.

I for one am not interested in more rules or more policing, there is more than enough of that already. Sometimes discussions get heated, sometimes folks lose their cool and cut loose with a flame. It happens. But we are all adults, allegedly, and there is no reason we can not police ourselves.

That's just my opinion, but I could be wrong...

Except that isn't happening in reality. The flamers/trolls have carte blanche to destroy any thread they like in the Politics forum which essentially derails it for everyone else.

Thanks for inviting me.

It's hard to find a discussion in those sections that aren't filled with trolling, calling people names, "*****," "faggots," etc. I go to the CDZ for good discussion, but that doesn't get much traffic.

In the end, I would say no personal insults outside of the flame zone! Allowing the flaming everywhere just takes it from thread to thread with no end.

Exactly!

There is a place for flaming and there is a place for politics. Let's keep them distinct.

No flaming in a political forum? lol. Good luck with that. Politics, religion, abortion...the 3 MAIN volatile subjects with very strong opinions.

If folks could address the post and not the poster...that would be good but it rarely EVER happens.

No flaming in a political forum? lol. Good luck with that. Politics, religion, abortion...the 3 MAIN volatile subjects with very strong opinions.

If folks could address the post and not the poster...that would be good but it rarely EVER happens.

Right now that is what is happening.

However we don't have to continue to tolerate boorish behavior.

I believe all of the answers in your poll are equally right, and thus I voted for all of them. To do otherwise would be to engage in discrimination, which is absolutely unacceptable.

Mods, do everything suggested in OP's poll.

Maybe we could have a separate CDZ Politics forum. Kind of like the Political Satire forum.
To be honest I think if we were to try and enforce the Zone 2 rules it would be a sea of pink. But a CDZ forum could work. We could ban the troublemakers from that forum entirely.

I messed up, insulted a fellow poster's family member. I am glad the moderator removed it, though if called to my attention I would have a few minutes later. I do not want to "flame", appreciate the moderators, without them the whole board COULD be nothing but obscenities in every thread.

Maybe we could have a separate CDZ Politics forum. Kind of like the Political Satire forum.
To be honest I think if we were to try and enforce the Zone 2 rules it would be a sea of pink. But a CDZ forum could work. We could ban the troublemakers from that forum entirely.

If you could, it would help. A lot. :eusa_pray:

Is there anything that is appropriate to post in Politics, other than flaming etc., that could not also fit in the pre-existing CDZ? Wouldn't creating a Politics CDZ just take posters away from the currently separate Politics and CDZ forums?

Go with the pink...adding a forum will fix nothing. If pinkies don't learn...then they will forever be pink and the forum is improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back