Thanks Subsidies

LiberalMedia

VIP Member
May 21, 2014
NC
If it is not against the rules, I would like to encourage my fellow forward-thynkyng progressives to support the USMB Thanks Subsidy Act of 2014, passed by unanimous vote of the Supreme United Gay & Lesbian Youth Council on this day, the 19th of July, 2014.

I brought this issue before the United Gay & Lesbian International Effort Society because I noticed the prevalence of cyber-bullying here, an issue that the gyy and lysbyyn communities are very much concerned with stopping. In an effort to end cyber-bullying, end all forms of discrimination, and promote absolute equality, we (members of the Supreme United Gay & Lesbian Youth Council, a sub-organization of the larger International Effort Society) enacted the USMB Thanks Subsidy Act of 2014, which calls for all posts to be thanked. Discriminatory factors such as merit, sources, content, etc. will not be used; all posts will be thanked, because all posts are equally important.

Because we respect the rule of law (as do all progressives), the Act is deemed automatically null and void should it conflict with any USMB rules. So before I begin actively enforcing it, does it conflict with any rules? Are there any existing regulations regarding the issuance of "thanks" to user posts?

As you can see from my first "thanks" above -- I'm totally on board with this resolution..
I am honored to be the first in line to demonstrate my solidarity with the cause..

As you can see from my first "thanks" above -- I'm totally on board with this resolution..
I am honored to be the first in line to demonstrate my solidarity with the cause..

Thank you, Flycyltynn, for your lybyryl support of humyn ryghts and your desyre to end cybyr-byllyyng.

Together, we will make USMB a friendlier, more diverse place to post.

Thank you, Flycyltynn, for your lybyryl support of humyn ryghts and your desyre to end cybyr-byllyyng.

No you will not.

:eusa_whistle:

If it is not against the rules, I would like to encourage my fellow forward-thynkyng progressives to support the USMB Thanks Subsidy Act of 2014, passed by unanimous vote of the Supreme United Gay & Lesbian Youth Council on this day, the 19th of July, 2014.

I brought this issue before the United Gay & Lesbian International Effort Society because I noticed the prevalence of cyber-bullying here, an issue that the gyy and lysbyyn communities are very much concerned with stopping. In an effort to end cyber-bullying, end all forms of discrimination, and promote absolute equality, we (members of the Supreme United Gay & Lesbian Youth Council, a sub-organization of the larger International Effort Society) enacted the USMB Thanks Subsidy Act of 2014, which calls for all posts to be thanked. Discriminatory factors such as merit, sources, content, etc. will not be used; all posts will be thanked, because all posts are equally important.

Because we respect the rule of law (as do all progressives), the Act is deemed automatically null and void should it conflict with any USMB rules. So before I begin actively enforcing it, does it conflict with any rules? Are there any existing regulations regarding the issuance of "thanks" to user posts?

I would like to see an end to the bullying that is so accepted here. Same with the blatant trolling and spamming. Most of all, the hate, the racism, the constant bullying and name calling but I don't agree that rewarding objectionable behavior is a step in that direction.

Your effort is admirable and certainly points up what is lacking in those who bully and bash based on sexuality, race, political differences, etc. I respect your maturity and humanity but people hold tight to the stupidity, ignorance and fear that are the underlying causes of bullying and hate. I suspect you will see the worst among us redouble their mindless hate and bullying.

Not as long as there are those, including management, who prefer the cesspool atmosphere.

No you will not.

:eusa_whistle:

I believe you are correct, because I believe that they'll never tackle their fellow Leftists. It'll be interesting to see if I'm wrong.

the Supreme United Gay & Lesbian Youth Council

the United Gay & Lesbian International Effort Society

If anyone is autistic enough to not yet realize that LiberalMedia is a character not reflective of the poster's actual opinions, take a look at the acronyms of the groups she belongs to. Maybe "hyr" claim to membership with "the Supreme UGLY Council", part of an international organization called "the UGLIES", will help you understand the satirical nature of that account.

At this moment, we are less than 24 hours into the USMB Thanks Subsidy Act of 2014 and have already redistributed over 100 thanks to various users. Posts are being subsidized with thanks in an entirely equal fashion, irregards to bigoted concepts such as merit, content, or accuracy.

USMB is slowly being turned into a progressive, lybyryl utopia free of hatred and judgement. I will make future status updates as we move fyrwyrd in our efforts to institute true equality for all on USMB.

At this moment, we are less than 24 hours into the USMB Thanks Subsidy Act of 2014 and have already redistributed over 100 thanks to various users. Posts are being subsidized with thanks in an entirely equal fashion, irregards to bigoted concepts such as merit, content, or accuracy.

USMB is slowly being turned into a progressive, lybyryl utopia free of hatred and judgement. I will make future status updates as we move fyrwyrd in our efforts to institute true equality for all on USMB.

I don't know what all the "y's" are about but really, in the end, if one "thanks" everything, one is actually not thanking anything at all.

Isn't it really the same as not having any opinion at all?

I don't think CK will jump on board...

I don't think CK will jump on board...

Who?

I don't know what all the "y's" are about

Liberation from the patriarchy. We establish ourselves as separate from men by spelling "women" as "womyn." Fymynysts like myself fight for the eradication of all social constructs, of which vowels are one. Eventually, all vowels will be replaced by the letter "Y"--which, as a letter that can be a consonant or a vowel, is independent of heteronormative ideas of what certain letters should be--and thus we will enter into an age of complete grammatical equality. After Ynglysh has been equalized, we will turn our attentions towards an even bigger target: The silent-letter-rich language of France.

but really, in the end, if one "thanks" everything, one is actually not thanking anything at all.

Yes, one is. You said it yourself, we're thanking everything. Everyone is equal, as it should be. Equality doesn't mean non-existence. Just take a look at your avatar; when marriage equality becomes a reality, does that mean that marriage will no longer exist? Thynk about it, systyr.

Isn't it really the same as not having any opinion at all?

Nope. I'm not sure how you could come to that conclusion. Care to explain?

Anyone that thinks thanking people will end cyber bullying can look forward to me mocking them until the end of eternity.

In other words, keep your fucking pity to yourself, I only want people that appreciate my opinion to thank me, the rest of you can fold your civility camping until it is nothing but sharp corners and use your imagination about where it should go.

By now, well over 300 posts have been given an official USMB Thanks Subsidy. The USMB Bureau of Thanks Subsidies has at least two full-time Thanks Subsidizers, including mysylf, who are overseen by Bureau Chief Flycyltynn.

Due to recent payroll cuts, the Bureau is not currently accepting applications for full-time positions. However, we are hiring for three part-time Assistant Thanks Subsidizer positions, which offer great pay, a three-day work week, and a competitive benefits package. Those interested in applying may do so via this thread.

Forum List

Back