Should the gop be willing to shut down nonessential govt functions to stop obamacare?

Should the GOP stand their ground and defund O'care despite any possible ramification

• Total voters
Should the gop be willing to shut down nonessential govt functions to stop obamacare?

False choice. Congress is capable of fully funding government except for Obamacare. No shut down would be necessary. Of course, the Senate will likely add Obamacare funding back in and send it back to the House. Nothing says the House can't remove Obamacare funding again and sent it right back.

Point is, no govt functions need stop to de-fund Obamacare. It would be on Reid and the Dem controlled Senate if they refused to vote for a funding bill that kept the government going ex Obamacare. Why the establishment RINOs think they'd be blamed is beyond me. As you say, they have no backbone!

This is what I think will go down. The Senate will send a continuing resolution bill funding the government including Obamacare to the house and the House will either pass it or be blamed for shutting the government down. That is the advantage the Senate has gained by illegally refusing to pass a budget sent to them by the House.

The operative word is Illegally.

This country doesn't want Obamacare. What you mean is "Hold Our Oppressive Government Hostage".

Obama calls it extortion.

Great way to win over one's enemies, call them criminals.
First off, they're not my "enemies" and secondly, I didn't call them "criminals".

And third, without the "public option", I don't really care for the ACA myself.

But the fact remains, it's a law enacted by Congress and deemed Constitutional by SCOTUS.

What the country wants, is to stop wasting time on this bullshit!
Which country might that be..
This law is opposed by individuals and groups that cover both sides of the aisle and cross many demographic boundaries.
Some of the groups are staunch supporters of democrats and liberal causes.
The most glaring example is the push back from labor unions.
There are businesses and individuals lining up at the White House door with papers in hand wanting an exemption from ACA...
The only people who are in lockstep with Obama on this are those on the taxpayer tit and those who will receive subsidies. They have no skin in the game because it's not going to cost them a dime.
You may now stand down from your soapbox.

Fact is, everyone knows Obamacare was fucked up and cannot be fixed. Even the writers of the bill don't want anything to do with it. They exempted themselves from it as a matter of record. Their only hope is that the GOP tries to keep it from going into effect. It was intentionally deceptive and overly complicated for a reason. So nobody would understand it before it was too late to do anything about it. Obama won't apply it evenly, choosing to apply it only to the poor and the middle-class. Biggest surprise to everyone is when they discover it removes employer's contributions to employee's health care insurance. Most won't be able to afford it and will have to settle for enrollment into health care exchanges, assuring single-payer coverage instead of private insurance. But worst part of it is the uncertainty. Nothing is written in stone so businesses won't know what the regulations are. They'll choose instead to cut hours or pay fines removing employees' heath care coverage. Pretty soon hundreds of thousands of employees will discover they have no health insurance.

Fact is, everyone knows Obamacare was fucked up and cannot be fixed. Even the writers of the bill don't want anything to do with it. They exempted themselves from it as a matter of record. Their only hope is that the GOP tries to keep it from going into effect. It was intentionally deceptive and overly complicated for a reason. So nobody would understand it before it was too late to do anything about it. Obama won't apply it evenly, choosing to apply it only to the poor and the middle-class. Biggest surprise to everyone is when they discover it removes employer's contributions to employee's health care insurance. Most won't be able to afford it and will have to settle for enrollment into health care exchanges, assuring single-payer coverage instead of private insurance. But worst part of it is the uncertainty. Nothing is written in stone so businesses won't know what the regulations are. They'll choose instead to cut hours or pay fines removing employees' heath care coverage. Pretty soon hundreds of thousands of employees will discover they have no health insurance.

Oh but wait just one minute....You must remember "it's FREE"..And it covers those poor downtrodden uninsureds...Those 46 million or whatever!!!!

The worst thing that could happen to Obama is that his "train-wreck" called Obamacare gets fully implemented. Unfortunately, this train-wreck will ruin people's lives in the process and the House is attempting to defund it before it can.

So what does Obama and the Dems do? Act like the Affordable Health Care Act isn't feared by massive majorities and attempt to demonize the GOP over it.

They did similar in the 70s with forced busing and De-segrigation. Just another case of the left imposing their ridiculous ideas on the rest of us and using the fight that ensues over it as a political issue to fool low-information voters.

Yes. You have it all figured out. Curse the day I was born without an analytical brain like yours! CURSES!!!!!
Why do you want this(Obamacare) so badly?

The worst thing that could happen to Obama is that his "train-wreck" called Obamacare gets fully implemented. Unfortunately, this train-wreck will ruin people's lives in the process and the House is attempting to defund it before it can.

So what does Obama and the Dems do? Act like the Affordable Health Care Act isn't feared by massive majorities and attempt to demonize the GOP over it.

They did similar in the 70s with forced busing and De-segrigation. Just another case of the left imposing their ridiculous ideas on the rest of us and using the fight that ensues over it as a political issue to fool low-information voters.

Yes. You have it all figured out. Curse the day I was born without an analytical brain like yours! CURSES!!!!!

I don't. You have not been paying attention to me.

I want Medicare for all. I accept that we could never have it with the way Washington works and the special interests involved.

Obamacare gives us as consumers some protection against being screwed by insurance companies. It is not the answer to our problem. But it is better than doing nothing. This is soon to become clear to you.

Now that we have these simple steps..and the insurance companies are losing their death grip on our system.......a state or two will develop a single payer model ( just as Romneycare was a model for Obamacare ) of single payer that works and we will take that step down the road.

Understand my POV now?

I want Medicare for all. I accept that we could never have it with the way Washington works and the special interests involved.

Obamacare gives us as consumers some protection against being screwed by insurance companies. It is not the answer to our problem. But it is better than doing nothing. This is soon to become clear to you.

Now that we have these simple steps..and the insurance companies are losing their death grip on our system.......a state or two will develop a single payer model ( just as Romneycare was a model for Obamacare ) of single payer that works and we will take that step down the road.

Understand my POV now?

Yeah, you're delusional... thanks for clearing that up!!!

:lol:

Understand my POV now?

Yeah, you're delusional... thanks for clearing that up!!!

:lol:

You need some attention, dickhead? Freaked out by an honest assessment of the situation? Left pretty much unable to respond? Got nothing?

I think they should shut down all non-essential government functions....AND...they should let the US citizens vote to appeal Obamacare. Why do we have to leave everything up to the idiots in government to decide for us? I think anything this big should be voted on by the people. I'm pretty sure the libs would be against this, since we know more about it, and even the unions are against it!

I say fuck these stupid games and play hardball.

I do believe you have created a vortex of irony.

The people voted for it, Congress passed it, and the President signed it. So, like a five year old, the sore losers want to take their ball and go home.

That's because, like a five year old, they are thoroughly incapable of articulating or selling a better idea than ObamaCare. And that is why they got their asses handed to them, and will again if they shut down the government.

Demand more from your party than these stupid loser games. You are an idiot for demanding they double down on these puerile tactics.

When did the people vote for Obamacare??? Did I miss something?

I think the people SHOULD have been able to vote on it....but now that we know more about it, it'll never happen because the libs know it would be GONE!

I say fuck these stupid games and play hardball.

I do believe you have created a vortex of irony.

The people voted for it, Congress passed it, and the President signed it. So, like a five year old, the sore losers want to take their ball and go home.

That's because, like a five year old, they are thoroughly incapable of articulating or selling a better idea than ObamaCare. And that is why they got their asses handed to them, and will again if they shut down the government.

Demand more from your party than these stupid loser games. You are an idiot for demanding they double down on these puerile tactics.

When did the people vote for Obamacare??? Did I miss something?

I think the people SHOULD have been able to vote on it....but now that we know more about it, it'll never happen because the libs know it would be GONE!

I'd love for you to describe the ACA using nothing but facts. No rhetoric, no predictions of gloom. Just the facts about what it is and what it means for the average American.

Can you do that? Just facts?

That's the problem. Obama never sold it. And frankly I'm not too sure, besides some beneficial things that have already happened. My preventative care is cheaper. Female contraceptives are "free." I can keep my daughter on my employer sponsored plan through grad school.

I am not sure who slides into medicaid and who gets tax credits for priv insurance bought through exchanges. My confusion is not really all Obama's fault. My state refused to create an exchange even though the present gop governor voted for them five times when he was in the state legislature. Finding Jesus in the Tea Party is the explanation. And the TPM had bad things to say about the gop insurance commissior who tried to make one. And of course the dems in the legislature wanted to get a waiver like Arkansas' to take the medicaid money, but use it all to fund private plans through exchanges, and that would have passed the legislature with some gop support, but the TP Lt. Governor refused to allow a a vote.

I know there's a mandate (-; And a small penalty to pay if you don't comply.

I'd have preferred a soft mandate like soc sec, and not have the feds specify what had to be in a plan, though.

Another victory for the Dems coming up; courtesy of the TEA party. The gift that keeps on giving.

I LOVE IT!!!

You mean another lie perpetrated on the public by the Democrats with the help of the state-run media.

Truth doesn't matter anymore. Bull Shit reins supreme.

Gee a "tough guy" former SEAL playing the victim...how far you've fallen...how amusing it is. Did those mean ol' Democrats hurt you?

Way to hang yourselves, Pubs and silly dupes- The problem is this suicide costs the economy at least 1 per cent of growth AGAIN. Brainwashed RW IDIOCY...

'

If they're non-essential shut them down and keep them shut down. They're non-essential.
The right will cave, like always. This is all a dog and pony show. I'm over it, I'm over them.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back