Should State Unions Be Stronger Than a State government?

Should State Unions Be Stronger Than a State Government

• Yes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 26 92.9%
  • Who Cares

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the real point of this thread is that there is some inherit Risk in Unions becoming to politically powerful. Especially when were talking about Public Sector Unions. The Unions are able Buy Favor with an entire Political party, then Negotiate their Contracts with negotiators appointed in many cases by people in the very same party. The Union Gets all this money to Buy the Favor from Dues, it's members are forced to pay Regardless of their own Political Beliefs.

The out Come of this is a very small group of people, The Union leadrship, Exercising a disproportionally large amount of Political power over a state. Less than 5% of the Population of Wisconsin is currently holding the states Education System Hostage in order to try to keep their Platinum Benefits, with Blatant Disregard for the State Budget situation, or the Needs of the Tax Payers that may their Way, and with disregard for their own members who stand to lose their jobs in Lay Offs if no deal is reached.

Classic Tyranny of a very well organized and connected Minority over the Majority.

Synopsis here? Legalized MONEY LAUNDERING in favour of the Democrat Statist Elites...

The democrat party proudly accepts, and the union proudly gives the money....it is a core belief. The democrats are the ones that ran out of state so they wouldn't have a vote in regards to the unions. If you call that apples and oranges, I call you a moron. :eusa_whistle:

And the Cons proudly accept under-the-table donations from multi-national corporations.

Is there a point to that? Because if you're comparing the two, I'm thinking the democratic party wins out there.

And I find it very amusing that someone who can't spell the word "Democratic" is calling someone else a "moron". Man, if you only knew how ignorant you sound when you say that to anyone that's not a far-right nutjob.

But you still haven't proved your point, insults aside.

Bottom line:

Democrats represent the workers.

Republicans represent the multi-national corporations.

It's an age-old tale. There's just a bunch of idiots on the right who have been suckered in to believing that there's something else going on.

Bottom line:

Democrats represent the workers.

Republicans represent the multi-national corporations.

It's an age-old tale. There's just a bunch of idiots on the right who have been suckered in to believing that there's something else going on.

And why are they multi-national?

Why are there so few manufacturing jobs in this Republic?

Liberal/Statist excessive interference...taxation...do the math.

Strawdawg you post here...

The democrat party proudly accepts, and the union proudly gives the money....it is a core belief. The democrats are the ones that ran out of state so they wouldn't have a vote in regards to the unions. If you call that apples and oranges, I call you a moron. :eusa_whistle:

And the Cons proudly accept under-the-table donations from multi-national corporations.

Is there a point to that? Because if you're comparing the two, I'm thinking the democratic party wins out there.

And I find it very amusing that someone who can't spell the word "Democratic" is calling someone else a "moron". Man, if you only knew how ignorant you sound when you say that to anyone that's not a far-right nutjob.

Uh- huh...nevermind the Legalized money laundering of the Statist/Union relationship.

keep posting them strawdawgs...

I know your not going to believe this.....but the democratics proudly accept under the table donations from multi-national corporations, also. Don't be so fucking naive.

I know your not going to believe this.....but the democratics proudly accept under the table donations from multi-national corporations, also. Don't be so fucking naive.

photo_ASTRO.gif

Rut-Roh Rorge! :lol:

They're multinational because workers in Laos work for 50 cents a day.

We could cut corporate taxes entirely, and it wouldn't come close to saving them that much money.

The fact is that US Corporations have abandoned the country that helped build them, in favor of the almighty profit.

The Corporations have abandoned the workers that made them what they are.

Apparently, you and your cohorts believe that market forces should rule, and that all Americans should work for 50 cents a day also. Well, I for one think that the Unions, though certainly flawed, still have a place in our society.

Just as some Republicans accept donations from unions. They're all whores, but what's new?

I'm speaking in generalities, of course.

Do you argue that Democrats don't receive more small individual donations or worker unions, and that Republicans don't receive more corporate donations?

There are plenty of links on Google that will tell you otherwise.

They're multinational because workers in Laos work for 50 cents a day.
That's they're problem, now isn't it?

We could cut corporate taxes entirely, and it wouldn't come close to saving them that much money.
And what fucking business is it of yours exactly? It belongs to them to do as they wish...
The fact is that US Corporations have abandoned the country that helped build them, in favor of the almighty profit.
What fact? POST IT...and then tell us again what business it is of YOURS to dictate WHAT they do with it...
The Corporations have abandoned the workers that made them what they are
.Post proof positive...don't assume that your talking points are too extremely accurate....

Apparently, you and your cohorts believe that market forces should rule, and that all Americans should work for 50 cents a day also.
We do? Can TYOU post PROOF of your fallacy? Talking points again?
Well, I for one think that the Unions, though certainly flawed, still have a place in our society.

You got thois wrong too.. they once HAD a place. There are laws in place now...and you act as if this was the 1920's/30's and Jimmy Hoffa has been resurrected and is forming the Union Movement again...

Get with the NOW...that seems to be the core of your problem...oh, and uhmm? FIRE the source that you're getting your talking points from? they're terribly OUTDATED.

Talking points?

From who exactly? These are most certainly just my own thoughts.

Do you think American Corporations just magically appeared on the scene because some investor or other threw some money at them?

Do you think that all Americans are worthless unless they're rich?

And you call Liberals "elitist"?

Wow.

Forum List

Back