Should Some Users Be Denied Rep?

Who cares?

If you weren't doing what you're accusing others of, the above would be your attitude. You sound like the freakin' government. "Let's appoint a panel to see who is a rep whore and who ain't".

Oh yea.

Let's discuss something REALLY important. What to get a 2 years old granddaughter for her birthday today ... I'm at a loss. And I surely want to make points with her and one-up the "X".

Get her a doll or a stuffed animal. They love both. Just the cutest most adorable doll or stuffed animal you can find. Something she doesn't already have. A doll that looks a lot like your granddaughter is a good idea, or a stuffed animal that looks just like a family pet or like one of her favorite zoo animals is also a good idea.

*Ahem* I AM her grandfather. She has every doll imaginable already. Even one that looks like a granny. :)

I'm always looking for something out of the ordinary or that everyone else isn't getting her. So no, she isn't getting a tablet or video games out of me. Something that fires her imagination. And something that makes her parents have to think.

Does this mean you're not going to help me out with the present thing? She's a cutey. :)

The rep is controlled. That's obvious. And again, who cares what others do?

If she doesn't already have one - get her a play kitchen. Comes in a big box. Kind of pricey, but you're a grandparent, aren't you?

Or that 'cube' thing that Little Tykes makes - kind of a pre-schooler size jungle gym that can live in the living room......

Our 'baby' is 24 now, and he still remembers those two toys : )) He's also a 'foodie' AND a gym rat.........

I like the kitchen idea. She'll drive everyone nuts with it. And *I* get to come home. :D

Gee, why not also get a pretend vacuum cleaner and iron with an ironing board.

How about something intelligent and challenging for her bright little mind?

If she doesn't already have one - get her a play kitchen. Comes in a big box. Kind of pricey, but you're a grandparent, aren't you?

Or that 'cube' thing that Little Tykes makes - kind of a pre-schooler size jungle gym that can live in the living room......

Our 'baby' is 24 now, and he still remembers those two toys : )) He's also a 'foodie' AND a gym rat.........

I like the kitchen idea. She'll drive everyone nuts with it. And *I* get to come home. :D

Read up.

Who cares?

If you weren't doing what you're accusing others of, the above would be your attitude. You sound like the freakin' government. "Let's appoint a panel to see who is a rep whore and who ain't".

Oh yea.

Let's discuss something REALLY important. What to get a 2 years old granddaughter for her birthday today ... I'm at a loss. And I surely want to make points with her and one-up the "X".

Get her a doll or a stuffed animal. They love both. Just the cutest most adorable doll or stuffed animal you can find. Something she doesn't already have. A doll that looks a lot like your granddaughter is a good idea, or a stuffed animal that looks just like a family pet or like one of her favorite zoo animals is also a good idea.

*Ahem* I AM her grandfather. She has every doll imaginable already. Even one that looks like a granny. :)

I'm always looking for something out of the ordinary or that everyone else isn't getting her. So no, she isn't getting a tablet or video games out of me. Something that fires her imagination. And something that makes her parents have to think.

henry_mop_bucket_2.jpg

It's never too early to instill work ethics.

:D

The best thing about the kitchen was, when I went to make dinner - the kid went over to his 'kitchen' to 'cook', too. And stayed out of my way.

And you can always bring a little something to add to their 'pantry'. Or if you're somewhat talented, there's 'clay' you can buy to make your own play food out of. My kid was a bit adventuresome in his food choices - we had to make him the artichokes and sushi from 'scratch'......

The best thing about the kitchen was, when I went to make dinner - the kid went over to his 'kitchen' to 'cook', too. And stayed out of my way.

And you can always bring a little something to add to their 'pantry'. Or if you're somewhat talented, there's 'clay' you can buy to make your own play food out of. My kid was a bit adventuresome in his food choices - we had to make him the artichokes and sushi from 'scratch'......

Different when it's your grandkid. Payback is definitely part of it. I get to go home and leave them with the chaos I create. :badgrin:

Surprisingly enough, even though I'm on a computer, my kids didn't get that crap until they were in their teens. I want something that's going to teach her something, and make her use her mind.

henry_mop_bucket_2.jpg

It's never too early to instill work ethics.

:D

Heck yeah. My kids even had the cash register... complete with scanner, play food and credit card slot. ;)

Yeah, my poor l'il baby boy grew up to go to med school....... I guess if I hadn't gotten him that damned kitchen, he'd have gone to be a rocket scientist like his cousin Andrew.

Of all the problems we face in our individual lives and all the problems we face as a nation, reps on this board are about as far down the list as you can get.

Yeah, my poor l'il baby boy grew up to go to med school....... I guess if I hadn't gotten him that damned kitchen, he'd have gone to be a rocket scientist like his cousin Andrew.

Point. Score.

LOL@ Blue Gin - Mine, too! Of course it started out as a cash register but wound up as the 'bridge' for his cube space ship (he wasn't the Borg, no).

He also had enough Brio track and rolling stock to fill the floors in three rooms at once......

All kids love the kitchen. I remember a few boys coming to my daughter's b-day party...loving hers...and then getting one for Christmas later. That and the doll houses :lol:

Who cares?

Oh yea.

Get her a library card and an IOU booklet for you to sit with her and read stories to her. Possibly the best thing my father ever did for me was take me to the library when I was a small child, and, at bedtome, read the books we checked out. Of course, that would require you to spend time with her instead of just buying an expensive toy.

Last edited:

All kids love the kitchen. I remember a few boys coming to my daughter's b-day party...loving hers...and then getting one for Christmas later. That and the doll houses :lol:

Ours got his for his 2nd birthday: it was actually a present from Bradlees to the family support group for husband's Reserve unit called up for Desert Storm....when the kid was about 7, he started cooking in the real kitchen instead, and the toy one went to our local Catholic church's play group with our gratitude!

Get her a library card and an IOU booklet for you to sit with her and read stories to her. Possibly the best thing my father ever did for me was take me to the library when I was a small child, and, at bedtome, read the books we checked out. Of course, that would require you to spend time with her instead of just buying an expensive toy.

I'm looking for the present. No offense, and I appreciate what you are saying, but this isn't about me. It's about her.

Esmerelda, that made me smile : )) My Dad used to recite poetry to me instead of bedtime stories - 'The Highwayman' and just about anything by Kipling or Ogden Nash.

He was an advisor to a college newspaper, so had 'faculty' privileges: when I was about 8 or 9, he let me loose in the stacks at the school's library/museum. By then I had a 'real' (adult) library card, and read my way through our branch library - so he took me downtown to the Main library (Philadelphia) to show me what was available and then took me out to lunch. We eventually lunched our way through most of the museums and historic sites downtown, but it took quite a few years.......

I guess someone should warn you, Ice Man: some day, she is likely to want a pony. Or at least riding lessons......... it's a girl thing.

Forum List

Back