Should Some Users Be Denied Rep?

Over the last few weeks it's come to my attention that some users on USMB are addicted to positive reputation points, and will do whatever's necessary to accue them. I suspect some may even be prepared to kill to get them. They certainly aren't above tacitly begging for them.

But what's to be done to combat this affliction?

I propose a panel being formed to judge cases of rep addiction that have come to the attention of a user's peers. They would either have their account disabled or undergo cold turkey in an attempt at weening them off their addiction.

The addiction to pos rep is getting beyond a joke, and needs to be remedied as soon as possible.

I've given people computer help and answered people's questions and it doesn't deserve rep as I haven't been repped when I thought it should because I donated my time to make other people's lives a little bit better.

If you hold to a minority opinion, the minority won't get repped. Some minority positions are under appreciated and under repped.

I can't understand how someone could get upset over imaginary points. I've positively repped people that don't like me and they were like "huh?" and I told them it doesn't matter because they are imaginary points. It is not like you can trade them in for green stamps outside of USMB. I can't redeem them for gas.

Rep is boring. Stop trying to fix a broken system. If you repped people enough, you would find it time consuming and boring. The system will fix itself because people will get bored with it and stop.

What you should advocate is for USMB to improve the quality of life and fix the troll and spammer problem because that would keep people here and give the board value.

IceMan.....a big stuffed animal. BIG. Bigger than she is. HUGE. 2 year olds love them because they can hug them without hurting it....crawl all over it...sleep on it...cuddle it....drag it around.

BIG. HUGE. And very soft and pliable.

*Ahem* I AM her grandfather. She has every doll imaginable already. Even one that looks like a granny. :)

I'm always looking for something out of the ordinary or that everyone else isn't getting her. So no, she isn't getting a tablet or video games out of me. Something that fires her imagination. And something that makes her parents have to think.

Get her a library card and an IOU booklet for you to sit with her and read stories to her. Possibly the best thing my father ever did for me was take me to the library when I was a small child, and, at bedtome, read the books we checked out. Of course, that would require you to spend time with her instead of just buying an expensive toy.

I'm looking for the present. No offense, and I appreciate what you are saying, but this isn't about me. It's about her.

Exactly, it's about her. Not about you getting a better present than your ex. Not about you getting her an expensive present. You said you wanted something that fires her imagination. I assure you, bringing up a child who loves books fires the imagination no end. That's why I suggested it. It is about her. About her learning to love to read and explore the world through books, and, just as good, spending that quality time with her grandfather that she will cherish as long as she lives. Think about it.

Get her a library card and an IOU booklet for you to sit with her and read stories to her. Possibly the best thing my father ever did for me was take me to the library when I was a small child, and, at bedtome, read the books we checked out. Of course, that would require you to spend time with her instead of just buying an expensive toy.

I'm looking for the present. No offense, and I appreciate what you are saying, but this isn't about me. It's about her.

Exactly, it's about her. Not about you getting a better present than your ex. Not about you getting her an expensive present. You said you wanted something that fires her imagination. I assure you, bringing up a child who loves books fires the imagination no end. That's why I suggested it. It is about her. About her learning to love to read and explore the world through books, and, just as good, spending that quality time with her grandfather that she will cherish as long as she lives. Think about it.

Sorry if I gave the impression otherwise. I'm not competing with anyone. That was sarcastic humor at the time.

I don't have the time to spend with her. If I did, I would. Not going to explain here. That's why I said this isn't about me.

We're talking about buying a 2 years old a present. Not all the psychology that goes into it. No one who knows me EVER forgets me. :)

I'm going for the kitchen and shopping cart. ;)

Conservatards are so committed to oppressing and silencing people that they would even deny them the ability to have others express their appreciation for them on a website.

Ridiculous.

This thread did not go the way swagger was hoping so you'll find him in the urinal thread.

6296982612_37a247d3e6.jpg

BIG!!!!

Friend of mine gave me a HUGE white teddy bear. It was SOOO big, we had to put the top down in her sports car convertible...and strap it in with a seat belt in the back seat. I was in my 40's and I LOVED it.
She is a girl. Girls LOVE stuffed animals. Especially 2 year olds.

Over the last few weeks it's come to my attention that some users on USMB are addicted to positive reputation points, and will do whatever's necessary to accue them. I suspect some may even be prepared to kill to get them. They certainly aren't above tacitly begging for them.

But what's to be done to combat this affliction?

I propose a panel being formed to judge cases of rep addiction that have come to the attention of a user's peers. They would either have their account disabled or undergo cold turkey in an attempt at weening them off their addiction.

The addiction to pos rep is getting beyond a joke, and needs to be remedied as soon as possible.

Just because you are not getting any. If you want some, ask for it. :)

6296982612_37a247d3e6.jpg

BIG!!!!

Friend of mine gave me a HUGE white teddy bear. It was SOOO big, we had to put the top down in her sports car convertible...and strap it in with a seat belt in the back seat. I was in my 40's and I LOVED it.
She is a girl. Girls LOVE stuffed animals. Especially 2 year olds.

That is so cute!

Someone PMed me the other day and we were talking about reps. He said (and I agree) that reps are like Monopoly Money. Totally worthless but fun to acquire.
So please rep me ... rep me please, please, please rep me. Rep me now. Please, I'm begging you.

Someone PMed me the other day and we were talking about reps. He said (and I agree) that reps are like Monopoly Money. Totally worthless but fun to acquire.
So please rep me ... rep me please, please, please rep me. Rep me now. Please, I'm begging you.

I already have today, you greedy bugger. :lol:

Funny thing about toys for kids is that sometimes, you can spend a bundle and they love the box.

Kids are like cats, that way.

I want a HUGE teddy bear too. And I will be 62 in october! Yer never too old for teddy bears. :)

Let's discuss something REALLY important. What to get a 2 years old granddaughter for her birthday today ... I'm at a loss. And I surely want to make points with her and one-up the "X".

Dora the Explorer or Sesame Street stuff, or anything that relates to her favorite kiddie show. Stuffed animals are always a hit. A special-looking, extra soft security blankie. Baby bubble bath. A trip to the zoo.

So, [MENTION=48518]TheIceMan[/MENTION]....what did you get her???

As you can imagine, thing's didn't go as planned. I learned a couple of things yesterday. First, walmart doesn't have jack sh*t. I'll tuck that one away for future use. There is a Toys R US around here.

I totally scored. Toy dirt devil vacuum. She started cleaning the room and she was done. Didn't open any of her other presents.

I had a good time. Enjoyed myself for the first time in a long time. :)

I already have today, you greedy bugger. :lol:

LOL. I didn't expect anyone to rep that post but I got repped. Another step closer to buying Park Place or Boardwalk (and an additional $200 if I pass GO).

Forum List

Back