Should Some Users Be Denied Rep?

Swagger

Gold Member
Jul 26, 2011
Up on the scaffold
Over the last few weeks it's come to my attention that some users on USMB are addicted to positive reputation points, and will do whatever's necessary to accue them. I suspect some may even be prepared to kill to get them. They certainly aren't above tacitly begging for them.

But what's to be done to combat this affliction?

I propose a panel being formed to judge cases of rep addiction that have come to the attention of a user's peers. They would either have their account disabled or undergo cold turkey in an attempt at weening them off their addiction.

The addiction to pos rep is getting beyond a joke, and needs to be remedied as soon as possible.

Who cares?

If you weren't doing what you're accusing others of, the above would be your attitude. You sound like the freakin' government. "Let's appoint a panel to see who is a rep whore and who ain't".

Oh yea.

Let's discuss something REALLY important. What to get a 2 years old granddaughter for her birthday today ... I'm at a loss. And I surely want to make points with her and one-up the "X".

A panel to judge others....pick me pick me!

It's true, rep got weird.

Does this mean you're not going to help me out with the present thing? She's a cutey. :)

The rep is controlled. That's obvious. And again, who cares what others do?

Does this mean you're not going to help me out with the present thing? She's a cutey. :)

It's been a long time since I shopped for a toddler but whatever you get pack it in a BIG box. It'll be a twofer :D

As for rep. Why care if others care? I can understand the op's point and others have expressed the same

Who cares?

If you weren't doing what you're accusing others of, the above would be your attitude. You sound like the freakin' government. "Let's appoint a panel to see who is a rep whore and who ain't".

Oh yea.

Let's discuss something REALLY important. What to get a 2 years old granddaughter for her birthday today ... I'm at a loss. And I surely want to make points with her and one-up the "X".

Fisher Price Little People were always at hit with my kids ( course they are almost grown now). Or anything Disney Princess (Frozen is the poplar one now...maybe something with that theme or even the DVD). I think the little people even have playsets that combine the two.

Another thing they loved were play cell phones,Ironing boards,Irons,stove,sink,refrig,grill. Anything grown ups used.

Good luck. :)

Last edited:

It's been a long time since I shopped for a toddler but whatever you get pack it in a BIG box. It'll be a twofer :D

As for rep. Why care if others care? I can understand the op's point and others have expressed the same

Big box. Have to remember that.

What point does the OP have? Minding what others do? Rep's okay. Some people use it as a weapon. Others run around whoring for it. Says a LOT about the person(s) doing it, doesn't it?

What point does the OP have? Minding what others do? Rep's okay. Some people use it as a weapon. Others run around whoring for it. Says a LOT about the person(s) doing it, doesn't it?

He is compassionate and wants to help....But what's to be done to combat this affliction?

I'm all for interventions.

Who cares?

Oh yea.

So, you're looking to get some positive rep ...

And purple, pink and shiny.

Who cares?

Oh yea.

So, you're looking to get some positive rep ...

Caught that. didja? ;)

I'd rather see a last taunt used button.

:dunno:

If she doesn't already have one - get her a play kitchen. Comes in a big box. Kind of pricey, but you're a grandparent, aren't you?

Or that 'cube' thing that Little Tykes makes - kind of a pre-schooler size jungle gym that can live in the living room......

Our 'baby' is 24 now, and he still remembers those two toys : )) He's also a 'foodie' AND a gym rat.........

If she doesn't already have one - get her a play kitchen. Comes in a big box. Kind of pricey, but you're a grandparent, aren't you?

Or that 'cube' thing that Little Tykes makes - kind of a pre-schooler size jungle gym that can live in the living room......

Our 'baby' is 24 now, and he still remembers those two toys : )) He's also a 'foodie' AND a gym rat.........

I like the kitchen idea. She'll drive everyone nuts with it. And *I* get to come home. :D

I like the kitchen idea. She'll drive everyone nuts with it. And *I* get to come home. :D

Check Toys R Us if you have one near. They will have the best selection ...where as Target, Walmart etc may only carry one kind.

Check Toys R Us if you have one near. They will have the best selection ...where as Target, Walmart etc may only carry one kind.

Come on now .... I'm a guy. This gets bought on the way to the party. :eusa_angel:

Who cares?

Oh yea.

Get her a doll or a stuffed animal. They love both. Just the cutest most adorable doll or stuffed animal you can find. Something she doesn't already have. A doll that looks a lot like your granddaughter is a good idea, or a stuffed animal that looks just like a family pet or like one of her favorite zoo animals is also a good idea.

Forum List

Back