Should Republicans Go for More Minorities?

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
That's what they say.

I don't know... what, exactly, is the motivation a black person has to vote GOP? Or a Hispanic or Asian? They've got the DEMOCRATS!

And please, DO NOT give me any crap about how blacks are "actually pretty conservative," because not liking homosexuals does not quite equate with "conservative." Or crap about how Hispanics have "family values" when all social indices say otherwise.

But, since that's what every single pundit's reaction to the Obama win was, I'm throwing it out for discussion.

That's what they say.

I don't know... what, exactly, is the motivation a black person has to vote GOP? Or a Hispanic or Asian? They've got the DEMOCRATS!

And please, DO NOT give me any crap about how blacks are "actually pretty conservative," because not liking homosexuals does not quite equate with "conservative." Or crap about how Hispanics have "family values" when all social indices say otherwise.

But, since that's what every single pundit's reaction to the Obama win was, I'm throwing it out for discussion.

They need to go after hispanics. They have a much better chance at garnaring their votes than they do African Americans.

hey i have a very interesting topic about this in my blog .. about a possible asian candidate for the republican ticket in 2012!

Last edited:
That's what they say.

If the republicans could get a hispanic jewish gay woman to run I think they would stand a chance, don't you WJ?

What would you and your "buddies" be saying in those hotel room meetings then?

The republicans are not going to attract the moderate voters of other than White Anglo Saxon Protestant persuasions who elected Obama until their leadership accepts voters who are not WASPs.

If the republicans can find an eloquent leader who actually accepts non-christians and non-traditional families and he / she can pull their head out of the sandy ass of trickle-down economics, moderate voters will return. Until then, the democrats have a lock... Unless of course Obama does something really stupid like let Nancy Pelosi make a decision.

-Joe

obama won by a land slide, i cant see him losing in 2012, the republicans need to find a strong ticket in 2016 if they want to get things done.

The Democrats provide them Government Entitlements. They have made minorities dependent on the government by making them believe that they actually care about them. They have them right where they want them. If they don't have to work for anything, why vote for a Republican?

The Democrats provide them Government Entitlements. They have made minorities dependent on the government by making them believe that they actually care about them. They have them right where they want them. If they don't have to work for anything, why vote for a Republican?

what a silly, racist thing to say.

funny how it's white single women who are the most frequent users of the welfare system.

Man, I debated with myself whether I should let you republicans in on a little secret, one that would help your party attract minorities. I know I'm gonna hate myself, but here it goes.

Do you know how dehumanizing it is to suggest a whole class of people are being bribed into voting for a party? That's really an attack on their character. And your not the only republican that pulls out this little talking point. Almost every republican in cyberspace does it. Its insulting to people of color to be told that they're being bribed. It makes them sound like children, who can be manipulated with a bag of candy.

And don't think they don't notice shit like this. Believe me they do. They notice when republicans defend flying the confederate flag over State capitols, or when republicans giggle about jokes about welfare moms.

Its dehumanizing. The confederate flag is an insult, and its a symbol of slavery.

How many Jewish american votes do you think the GOP would get, if you defended and glorified the Nazi swastika?

what a silly, racist thing to say.

Racist? How is my post racist? It sounds like youre just trying to change the subject and are trying to use the 'Race Card'. That won't work with me.

funny how it's white single women who are the most frequent users of the welfare system.

Now that sounds racist. What is funny about anyone being on welfare? And somehow you single out white women. Why did you do that? But since you started your racist rant, the fact is that statistically, there are more white women on welfare than black woman, although it's just by a couple percentage points. Of course you forgot that fact that there are 5 times as many whites as there are blacks. So on a per capita basis, black women are roughly 5 times more likely to be on welfare than white women. Now can we stop playing the race card?

The confederate flag is an insult, and its a symbol of slavery.

The Confederate flag is a symbol of rebellion against a tyrannical government, but it's true that many racists will cling to this flag because the Confederate states were slave states. However, if the Confederate flag is a symbol of slavery, then so is old glory.

Man, I debated with myself whether I should let you republicans in on a little secret, one that would help your party attract minorities. I know I'm gonna hate myself, but here it goes.

Where did you get the idea that I'm a Republican? You obviously have me confused with someone else.

Do you know how dehumanizing it is to suggest a whole class of people are being bribed into voting for a party? That's really an attack on their character. And your not the only republican that pulls out this little talking point. Almost every republican in cyberspace does it. Its insulting to people of color to be told that they're being bribed. It makes them sound like children, who can be manipulated with a bag of candy.

That's the reality of the Democratic Party. Try to rationalize it all you want.

The confederate flag is an insult, and its a symbol of slavery.

:cuckoo: What does the confederate flag have to do with anything? :cuckoo:

How many Jewish american votes do you think the GOP would get, if you defended and glorified the Nazi swastika?

:cuckoo: You've lost it. Your brain needs a tune-up. :cuckoo:

That's what they say.

Maybe this historical reason: "Founded Under the Oaks at Jackson, Michigan in 1854 by anti-slavery expansion activists and modernizers, the Republican Party quickly surpassed the Whig Party as the principal opposition to the Democratic Party. "

Of course the Republican Party should try to bring more minorities into the fold. That does not mean that Republican should try to become more like Democrats in order to attract these people. The point is to convince minorities that, in the long run, conservative policies will actually benefit minorities more.

Obviously, this will not bring the majority of minorities into the fold, but there is a respectable percentage of minorities for whom this makes a great deal of sense. The biggest problem the Republican Party has at this point is the split between social and fiscal conservatives. There are many fiscal conservatives who do not agree with the complete social conservative agenda, and this is fracturing the party.

The Democrats have the same problem as the party is being run by the far left liberals. Too many Democrats think that this past election is a sign that Americans have moved more to the left. The fact is that this election was mostly a refutiation of the past administration. Americans were pissed off, so they voted for the other party. Issues did not drive this past election. America is still pretty evenly divided and unless the Democrats actually do something to help improve the economy, Republicans will start showing gains beginning in two years.

That's what they say.

As an actual black person I can attest to the fact that African-American are a conservative people. Religion has a lock on the minds are far too many black people in my opinion. Our ignorance about homosexuality is just one example of where religious "values" trumps common sense and intelligence.

That being said, we are not republicans because the Republican Party requires it's members to be clones and goosesteppers. Why do you think JC Watts .. who should have been your Obama .. ran away from the Republican Party?

Should there be any question in the sane mind why Hispanics aren't attracted to republican "values" or sense of what constitues being American? C'mon, get real

There is no incentive for either group to be republicans .. which is ironic given that once all African-Americans were republicans and the Republican Party itself began as an anti-slavery party.

Come to think of it ... the Republican woman of the year is Sarah Palin .. the democratic woman of thew year is Hillary Clinton .. you decide.

In about 20 years from now America will no longer be majority white.

So if republicans chose to continue to appeal to white men only, they'll be taking a seat next to the Whigs. Won't be missed .. soon forgotten.

obama won by a land slide, i cant see him losing in 2012, the republicans need to find a strong ticket in 2016 if they want to get things done.

I can see him losing in 2012.

I can see democrats losing control of Congress in 2010.

Not saying that either will happen, but the possibilities and the history is there.

Forum List

Back