Should Occupy have to pay??

I have an idea, let's all go to our local parks, hold a rally, protest a little and tell them we don't have to pay, truthmatters said so. ROTFLMBO

I have a better idea... lets all have a protest on her front lawn and neighborhood.

liesmatters will love and feed us. In return we can all shit and piss all over her house, camp out and trash the neighborhood, redistribute her wealth.. ie...steal her computer.
They are shitting on and making garbage dumps of property that is The People's property. Apparently it's OK for only a few to do that, though. Wouldn't that make her and the OWS the special elite?

;)

How many BILLIONS did the banks malfeasance, that the OWS movement is protesting, cost cities I wonder...
Trying to shift the blame and change the subject won't work.

Shifting? Nope...the blame has always been on Wall Street and greedy big banks. How many billions?
The blame for actions of the squatters, trespassers, vandals and other assorted ne'er-do-wells is firmly focused upon them....Their flagrant flouting of the law is no excuse for anything.

You really suck at trying to shift the blame.

Well it proves the tea party was made to gather to be there while the OWS people weren't made to pay to gather there.

Which also proves, like you asked for, that they paid

the tea party paid for permits.

Americans should not have to pay for a permitt to protest their government.

Do you think the founders would approve of paying money to protest?

I think the real question here is, why would the tea party be made to pay, but not OWS? ANd how is this fair?
the tea party was not a protest. It was a movement with ralleys. When you plan a ralley, the proper thing to do is apply for a permit.

The OWS is a protest.....and it started off the cuff......it and grew from there. They did not apply for a permit...they simply said "meet you at the park"..and the word got out.

I do not hold the protesters at fault....but I admire the tea partyers for following protocol when planning a ralley.

Well it proves the tea party was made to gather to be there while the OWS people weren't made to pay to gather there.

I think the real question here is, why would the tea party be made to pay, but not OWS? ANd how is this fair?

You hit the proverbial nail on the head.

That is the issue, the unequal treatment under the law of 2 political groups who gather in public places.

You hit the proverbial nail on the head.

That is the issue, the unequal treatment under the law of 2 political groups who gather in public places.
Simple. They are the elite.

Don't people get it?

The Tea Party - though it has very real grievances and many genuine members - has been completely captured by the Big Business/Washington nexus. They are now agents of Wall Street's political power against the disenfranchised masses.

That is to say, the Tea Party is now trying to repeal the free speech of protesters. They are defending the status quo. They are insulating power form Democratic redress. They are being manipulated by the powerful elite to destroy the Constitution. They are protecting people whose criminal risk management destroyed the economy.

Though obviously not a direct analogy, the Tea Party is very much like the völkisch movement in 1930s Germany when a small group of radical leaders used "Borders, Language, Culture" populism to win the support of the masses.

Today, the small group of radicals is represented by the marriage of Big Money & Big Government, e.g., Wall Street, which is compromised of too-big-to fail financial firms which take criminal risks at the public's expense ("bailout insurance").

Large Wall Street financial firms & banks own both parties. They staff government. They are the real center of power. They control Government and the economy. (Does the Tea Party know how much money they pour into Washington?)

Worse: Wall Street - through contributions to movement conservatism > "Freedom Works" - channels money to the Tea Party. The Tea Party can - on some levels - be seen as a populist weapon of Wall Street, used to fool the masses into misidentifying the real source of power in this country.

Like the völkisch movement, the Tea Party has been fooled into thinking that they are defending the Real America. Tragically, they are defending a radical group of people who have destroyed it.

The Tea Party is now protecting the Washington/Wall Street nexus from dissent. Goodbye Constitution. God help us if their rapid populism takes a sharp turn into scapegoating. The historical precedent is not good.

God help us.
I think you are correct about the tea party being tied to corporate America. For instance, Donald Trump paid the bill for one of their rallies here in Florida because they refused to do so.

:eusa_eh:

It's not just the issue of paying your own tab...What about all the bureaucratic red tape and compliance issues that the TEA party rallies were forced to deal with, that the OWS miscreants are ignoring and defying?

Trying to shift the blame and change the subject won't work.

Shifting? Nope...the blame has always been on Wall Street and greedy big banks. How many billions?

Did they break any laws?

If not, how can you blame anyone for maximizing their revenue?

Who passed the laws that allowed the banks/wall street to make money by giving out loans to people who couldn't afford them then bundling said loans into MBS investment packages?

Who passed the laws giving these same people over a trillion in bailouts/stimulus when these loans failed and the securities backed by those loans failed?

Just asking more questions to get the person you quoted to think more.

The only difference is the unequal application of the law between the Tea party events and the OWS events.

For example Tea party says cities favor Occupy protesters - Boston.com
Did you mean to post this?

Ouch: Tea Party rally cost taxpayers almost $14,000 | The Raw Story

your story's context said:
WASHINGTON - Rep. Michele Bachmann solidified her place in the national spotlight in November when she gathered thousands of Tea Party activists in front of the U.S. Capitol for a "House Call on Washington," to stop the Democrats' health care bill.

Months later, official expense reports show that the boisterous, 10,000-person rally to rein in big government and stop runaway spending cost U.S. taxpayers nearly $14,000.

Bachmann and three other lawmakers split the cost for a private company to arrange staging and a sound system, using their official congressional member allowances. Joining her were Reps. Tom Price of Georgia, Todd Akin of Missouri and Steve King of Iowa.

Spending tax dollars on partisan events is practiced on both sides of the aisle. Democrats spent more than $9,000 in public money the week before the "House Call" rally to unveil the health care bill at an event outside the Capitol building attended by several hundred.

Seems like you are ignoring some stuff in your response to me.

Either way, like I said, my official position is no one should have to pay fees/permiting for peaceful assemblies on public property. However, if you are going to charge one group to do it you must charge all....and that is the issue the unequal treatment under the law of the rallies like the teaparties and rallies like the OWS protests.
:cuckoo: That's why I said I think both groups should pay for any costs they incur.

Don't people get it?

The Tea Party - though it has very real grievances and many genuine members - has been completely captured by the Big Business/Washington nexus. They are now agents of Wall Street's political power against the disenfranchised masses.

That is to say, the Tea Party is now trying to repeal the free speech of protesters. They are defending the status quo. They are insulating power form Democratic redress. They are being manipulated by the powerful elite to destroy the Constitution. They are protecting people whose criminal risk management destroyed the economy.

Though obviously not a direct analogy, the Tea Party is very much like the völkisch movement in 1930s Germany when a small group of radical leaders used "Borders, Language, Culture" populism to win the support of the masses.

Today, the small group of radicals is represented by the marriage of Big Money & Big Government, e.g., Wall Street, which is compromised of too-big-to fail financial firms which take criminal risks at the public's expense ("bailout insurance").

Large Wall Street financial firms & banks own both parties. They staff government. They are the real center of power. They control Government and the economy. (Does the Tea Party know how much money they pour into Washington?)

Worse: Wall Street - through contributions to movement conservatism > "Freedom Works" - channels money to the Tea Party. The Tea Party can - on some levels - be seen as a populist weapon of Wall Street, used to fool the masses into misidentifying the real source of power in this country.

Like the völkisch movement, the Tea Party has been fooled into thinking that they are defending the Real America. Tragically, they are defending a radical group of people who have destroyed it.

The Tea Party is now protecting the Washington/Wall Street nexus from dissent. Goodbye Constitution. God help us if their rapid populism takes a sharp turn into scapegoating. The historical precedent is not good.

God help us.
I think you are correct about the tea party being tied to corporate America. For instance, Donald Trump paid the bill for one of their rallies here in Florida because they refused to do so.

Lies of omission are still lies.

“We’re working on paying it,” Wilkinson said earlier this month. “We don’t have the money right now, but we’re good at paying our bills.”

....​
Tea party bailout: Trump to pay local group’s disputed $6,000 bill for Boca Raton rally he headlined | Post on Politics

Don't people get it?

God help us.

“We’re working on paying it,” Wilkinson said earlier this month. “We don’t have the money right now, but we’re good at paying our bills.”

....​
Tea party bailout: Trump to pay local group’s disputed $6,000 bill for Boca Raton rally he headlined | Post on Politics

And still later they claimed the city was overcharging them....

And Trump paid for it. Talk about corporate America sponsoring the teapees.

:lol:

....​

Link?

And, the OWS is sponsored by unions and other front-organizations for the 'elite', too.

Do you have a point?

Try not to lie again, though.

your story's context said:
WASHINGTON - Rep. Michele Bachmann solidified her place in the national spotlight in November when she gathered thousands of Tea Party activists in front of the U.S. Capitol for a "House Call on Washington," to stop the Democrats' health care bill.

Months later, official expense reports show that the boisterous, 10,000-person rally to rein in big government and stop runaway spending cost U.S. taxpayers nearly $14,000.

Bachmann and three other lawmakers split the cost for a private company to arrange staging and a sound system, using their official congressional member allowances. Joining her were Reps. Tom Price of Georgia, Todd Akin of Missouri and Steve King of Iowa.

Spending tax dollars on partisan events is practiced on both sides of the aisle. Democrats spent more than $9,000 in public money the week before the "House Call" rally to unveil the health care bill at an event outside the Capitol building attended by several hundred.

Seems like you are ignoring some stuff in your response to me.

Either way, like I said, my official position is no one should have to pay fees/permiting for peaceful assemblies on public property. However, if you are going to charge one group to do it you must charge all....and that is the issue the unequal treatment under the law of the rallies like the teaparties and rallies like the OWS protests.
:cuckoo: That's why I said I think both groups should pay for any costs they incur.

Why the :cuckoo: since you agree with what I've been saying the whole time....both groups should be treated equally under the law?

You do agree right?

Now if you do agree with that do you also agree that, under the laws regarding permitting for protesting, the tea parties protests and the OWS protests are being held to different standards?

Last edited:

....​

Link?

And, the OWS is sponsored by unions and other front-organizations for the 'elite', too.

Do you have a point?

I didn't lie. I see you're still smarting from yesterday's beat down. You really shouldn't let your emotions control you.

:thup:

Link?

Do you have a point?

I didn't lie. I see you're still smarting from yesterday's beat down. You really shouldn't let your emotions control you.

Ummm, yes you did lie. You said they refused to pay their bill.

They didn't.

You lied.

Now, where's that link?

OWS at this point is making itself irrelevant, people are tired of seeing it on the news and hearing about it. They are making themselves obsolete.

you DO know what happens when a protesting group loses its coverage.....no?

It is going to get real ugly when the news trucks leave.

Link?

Do you have a point?

Techinically the statement that the tea parties "refused to pay their bill" is a lie. They didn't refuse they said they needed more time to pay.

OWS at this point is making itself irrelevant, people are tired of seeing it on the news and hearing about it. They are making themselves obsolete.

you DO know what happens when a protesting group loses its coverage.....no?

It is going to get real ugly when the news trucks leave.
They still have YouTube, so at least we can continue to have that entertainment. :lol:

Forum List

Back