Should Obese Children Be Removed From Their Parents Care?

I bet these fat kids, being kidnapped by the government, are on welfare.

Given the irresponsible reproductive trends, perhaps much more intense education as to parenting is needed.

Starting with, "Don't make children unless you really, really want one and then be certain you understand how to raise one!", with emphasis on one.

Last edited:
^^^ I'd like to add something to what you say here. "If you can help it, don't make children until you are able to afford them financially."

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I had the Octo mom lady in mind when I was thinking of that.

^^^ I'd like to add something to what you say here. "If you can help it, don't make children until you are able to afford them financially."

Holly

Not every child has a Jewish God for a Dad, and was entitled to gold, Frankinsense and Mur.
Those things we very expensive and God coulda waited until Jesus's bar mitzvah like I had to.

Trust me, if you ate 50 cheeseburgers a day, you would gain weight remarkably fast. Metabolism doesn't work that miraculously.

You probably exercise more, and eat less overall than somebody who is obese. Metabolism is a variable, but it's not the largest variable by any means.

If you are saying you are superhuman and will not gain weight from eating 50 cheeseburgers a day, let's get in touch because it would make me happy to make you morbidly obese and prove you wrong at the same time.

I've been the same weight since I was 16-17....

There is absolutely nothing that will make me gain weight. The only time I gained weight is when I quit smoking and I only gained 20 lbs no more....

Oh and I can eat.....

Like I said... I can guarantee you will gain weight eating ridiculously excessively. I'd be willing to bet you money on it. Your statement of "there is absolutely nothing that will make me gain weight" is completely ignorant on more than just a biological standpoint.

There is no possible way......

Trust me - I've tried it.... Back in 08 I did nothing but eat fast food 3-4 times a day for like 6 months and I didn't gain anything.

My dad is the same way...

Holly

Not every child has a Jewish God for a Dad, and was entitled to gold, Frankinsense and Mur.
Those things we very expensive and God coulda waited until Jesus's bar mitzvah like I had to.
Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but what does that have to do with what I said in the message from me that you are addressing here?

Holly

There is absolutely nothing that will make me gain weight. The only time I gained weight is when I quit smoking and I only gained 20 lbs no more....

Oh and I can eat.....

Like I said... I can guarantee you will gain weight eating ridiculously excessively. I'd be willing to bet you money on it. Your statement of "there is absolutely nothing that will make me gain weight" is completely ignorant on more than just a biological standpoint.

Trust me - I've tried it.... Back in 08 I did nothing but eat fast food 3-4 times a day for like 6 months and I didn't gain anything.

Well you're lying and you're wrong, because as any bodybuilder will tell you, even the skinniest dude with the fastest metabolism(and there are a lot of them in that community) can pack on weight and muscle by following certain eating guidelines, none of which even begin to approach 50 cheeseburgers a day in caloric consumption. So yes, you're full of shit. I have no doubt you can eat a lot without gaining weight because a lot of people are like that, but you're full of shit when you say nothing could possibly cause you to gain weight. It's ignorance embodied.

Take this to heart though, Super Human Nick. If you're really as much of a medical marvel as you say you are, then you're going to die much sooner in life. The faster your metabolism, the faster your cells wear out and the quicker you'll die. Most animals have shorter lifespans than us because they have a ridiculously high metabolism compared to us. And those that live longer than us, have a much slower metabolism.

So, you better get in all the super hero ass kicking you can before you croak!

Last edited:
My state of Victoria has reportedly removed two children from their parents because of their weight, and it is predicted that more children will be removed.

If a parent isn't managing the weight of their child, should the parent forfeit the right to keep their child?

Authorities are using kids' bulging waistlines as a justification for taking them from their parents' care.

At least two children in Victoria have been removed from their parents because of their weight.

And it is predicted there will be more cases to come.

Associate Professor John Dixon from the Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute told the ABC that sometimes taking children away from their parents is the best option.

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

I support this. I think that there is no excuse for kids to be so overweight. It is the fault of the parents for taking the child to McDonalds for Happy Meals, and letting them eat junk instead of cooking them a healthy meal. If the kids are removed from the care of the parents, it might just be the wake up call the parent needs to change their lifestyle.

Thoughts?

Starving your children is illegal.
Odd that feeding them is becoming illegal.
What is next, mandatory government specified exercise?

Well you're lying and you're wrong, because as any bodybuilder will tell you, even the skinniest dude with the fastest metabolism(and there are a lot of them in that community) can pack on weight and muscle by following certain eating guidelines, none of which even begin to approach 50 cheeseburgers a day in caloric consumption. So yes, you're full of shit. I have no doubt you can eat a lot without gaining weight because a lot of people are like that, but you're full of shit when you say nothing could possibly cause you to gain weight. It's ignorance embodied.

Take this to heart though, Super Human Nick. If you're really as much of a medical marvel as you say you are, then you're going to die much sooner in life. The faster your metabolism, the faster your cells wear out and the quicker you'll die. Most animals have shorter lifespans than us because they have a ridiculously high metabolism compared to us. And those that live longer than us, have a much slower metabolism.

SanctimonyMan turns a little bit of hyperbole into an excuse for a three day rant. :thup:

Oh and I can eat.....

Your caloric requirement is probably somewhere around 5 or 6000 in a day to gain weight. That's almost impossible if you work for a living, unless you supplement with high calorie weight gain shakes. I deal with it myself. I'd eat my 3 squared (lots of rice and potatoes) and drink a 1000 calorie shake with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and that's the only way I can gain consistent weight.

But as soon as I deviate from that, which is inevitable, I come back down to a weight that I guess is just always going to be the standard for my physiology.

The simple formula is calories in vs. calories burned. Sure, you can get on a certain diet, but absent supplementing with shakes and things, you need to eat at least 6 meals a deal only a few hours apart from each other. That's not an easy task for someone who works a full time job and doesn't have the luxury, or PERMISSION, of taking meal breaks every couple hours.

Your caloric requirement is probably somewhere around 5 or 6000 in a day to gain weight. That's almost impossible if you work for a living, unless you supplement with high calorie weight gain shakes. I deal with it myself. I'd eat my 3 squared (lots of rice and potatoes) and drink a 1000 calorie shake with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and that's the only way I can gain consistent weight.

But as soon as I deviate from that, which is inevitable, I come back down to a weight that I guess is just always going to be the standard for my physiology.

I can gain weight on 1000 calories a day. I've discovered dieting only puts my metabolism into starvation mode...exercise is the way to go for me.

I can gain weight on 1000 calories a day. I've discovered dieting only puts my metabolism into starvation mode...exercise is the way to go for me.

It's virtually physically impossible to gain weight on only 1000 calories in a day. The average woman needs around 2000, give or take.

The only reason why that little would add weight is because you're stalling your metabolism...it's only working against you, and slowly killing you to boot.

It's ok to eat. Just control portions.

You can double that, and enjoy a diet that allows you to feel satisfied, and as long as you're not living a sedentary lifestyle you'll have a great chance of still losing weight.

Starving yourself is a counter productive diet plan.

It's virtually physically impossible to gain weight on only 1000 calories in a day. The average woman needs around 2000, give or take.

The only reason why that little would add weight is because you're stalling your metabolism...it's only working against you, and slowly killing you to boot.

Did you even read what I wrote?

Yes. But I said what I said because it sounds as though you're saying dieting ALTOGETHER doesn't work for you. You don't have to starve to be on a sensible diet.

Yes. But I said what I said because it sounds as though you're saying dieting ALTOGETHER doesn't work for you. You don't have to starve to be on a sensible diet.

Dieting doesn't work for me, never has, if I manage to lose the weight, I gain it back with interest. What does work for me is eating healthier (not counting calories) and exercising more.

Also, not being depressed helps. I gained a whole bunch of weight when my youngest was first placed in his home and he lost more than 40 pounds and I thought he was gonna die. I've now lost most of that weight and am working on trying to lose more. I like that restaurants are now giving you options, fruit instead of hashbrowns and veggie sticks instead of fries.

Forum List

Back