Should Obese Children Be Removed From Their Parents Care?

Raising a child to be a racist and a follower of xenophobia and nativism is a clear example of child abuse, and cause for a child to be removed from the family.

I haven't heard of any children being taken away from their homes for being racist.:confused:

Removal normally follows hate crime felonies by the parents. Perhaps it should occur before being infected any more than possible.

I'm serious, for most people, what you eat goes into fat cells which you then burn off, but for some people, the calories goes directly into energy, it doesn't stop to store the fuel. Again, I know someone that could eat those 50 cheeseburgers and not gain a pound. Heck, he ate 3 entire pizzas in one siting and he's so thin, he looks like he's starving.

Pick up a biology book, and then study a little bit about human nutrition and diet physiology and then come back to me.

Your friend probably does have a fast metabolism, but it can only go so far. Monitor your friend's eating habits and count his calories for him, and keep a log of his exercise. You'll see that overall he's going to be eating less frequently and less volume, with less calorie density than (most)individuals who are overweight. Also 3 pizzas isn't an equivalent of 50 cheeseburgers a day, every day.

Most people who are obese have an underlying problem associated with their weight gain. My own personal problem is that I am a compulsive over-eater. Sometimes you'll find an individual who is genuinely at the mercy of a medical condition or genetics that affects their weight gain beyond the simple calories consumed, calories burned formula.

I don't think you know the consequences of a metabolism as fast as you imagine your friend to have. There's a reason humans are not built with the metabolism of a hummingbird.

I'm not saying that diet and exercise don't play a part, I'm saying metabolism plays a bigger part than you think.

Bigger part than I think? Metabolism plays the BIGGEST part for most people. I'm fully aware of what role metabolism plays.

Pick up a biology book, and then study a little bit about human nutrition and diet physiology and then come back to me.

Your friend probably does have a fast metabolism, but it can only go so far. Monitor your friend's eating habits and count his calories for him, and keep a log of his exercise. You'll see that overall he's going to be eating less frequently and less volume, with less calorie density than (most)individuals who are overweight. Also 3 pizzas isn't an equivalent of 50 cheeseburgers a day, every day.

Most people who are obese have an underlying problem associated with their weight gain. My own personal problem is that I am a compulsive over-eater. Sometimes you'll find an individual who is genuinely at the mercy of a medical condition or genetics that affects their weight gain beyond the simple calories consumed, calories burned formula.

I don't think you know the consequences of a metabolism as fast as you imagine your friend to have. There's a reason humans are not built with the metabolism of a hummingbird.

I'm not saying that diet and exercise don't play a part, I'm saying metabolism plays a bigger part than you think.

Bigger part than I think? Metabolism plays the BIGGEST part for most people. I'm fully aware of what role metabolism plays.

Then I misunderstood one of your previous posts, or got you mixed up with someone else. I'm sorry.

Then I misunderstood one of your previous posts, or got you mixed up with someone else. I'm sorry.

I'm saying that your estimation of how far the human metabolism can go is extremely naive. No human metabolism is going to burn off 15,000 calories.

My state of Victoria has reportedly removed two children from their parents because of their weight, and it is predicted that more children will be removed.

If a parent isn't managing the weight of their child, should the parent forfeit the right to keep their child?

Cookies must be enabled | Herald Sun

I support this. I think that there is no excuse for kids to be so overweight. It is the fault of the parents for taking the child to McDonalds for Happy Meals, and letting them eat junk instead of cooking them a healthy meal. If the kids are removed from the care of the parents, it might just be the wake up call the parent needs to change their lifestyle.

Thoughts?

No.....

Anyone ever hear of something called a metabolism??? some people have slow metabolisms and others have higher metabolisms.....

Some individuals could have a perfectly normal diet and be fat, and others (such as myself) could eat 50 cheeseburgers a day and not gain a pound...

I suppose my point is that in some cases kids are obese - not because they have a bad diet - but because they have a faulty metabolism.

Besides, in what universe are slightly overweight people "unhealthy" in the first place??

IMO, even if the parents are feeding their kids 5 Big Macs for lunch the state should have no say in what a parent can feed their child.....

Those who are obsessed with weight to the point of attempting to steal kids from their parents are nothing but Nazi's.....

Trust me, if you ate 50 cheeseburgers a day, you would gain weight remarkably fast. Metabolism doesn't work that miraculously.

You probably exercise more, and eat less overall than somebody who is obese. Metabolism is a variable, but it's not the largest variable by any means.

If you are saying you are superhuman and will not gain weight from eating 50 cheeseburgers a day, let's get in touch because it would make me happy to make you morbidly obese and prove you wrong at the same time.

I've been the same weight since I was 16-17....

There is absolutely nothing that will make me gain weight. The only time I gained weight is when I quit smoking and I only gained 20 lbs no more....

Oh and I can eat.....

Raising a child to be a racist and a follower of xenophobia and nativism is a clear example of child abuse, and cause for a child to be removed from the family.

I haven't heard of any children being taken away from their homes for being racist.:confused:

I remember something along those lines -- do you remember the kids whose parents gave them names like Adolph Hitler?

The gov't said there were other reasons to remove the kids, but the investigation which resulted in their removal appears to have started over the name. That's kinda close to them being investigated for raising their kids to be racist.

Parents who named children 'Adolf Hitler' and 'Aryan Nation' won't receive custody of newborn son Hons | Mail Online

No.....

Anyone ever hear of something called a metabolism??? some people have slow metabolisms and others have higher metabolisms.....

Some individuals could have a perfectly normal diet and be fat, and others (such as myself) could eat 50 cheeseburgers a day and not gain a pound...

I suppose my point is that in some cases kids are obese - not because they have a bad diet - but because they have a faulty metabolism.

Besides, in what universe are slightly overweight people "unhealthy" in the first place??

IMO, even if the parents are feeding their kids 5 Big Macs for lunch the state should have no say in what a parent can feed their child.....

Those who are obsessed with weight to the point of attempting to steal kids from their parents are nothing but Nazi's.....

Trust me, if you ate 50 cheeseburgers a day, you would gain weight remarkably fast. Metabolism doesn't work that miraculously.

You probably exercise more, and eat less overall than somebody who is obese. Metabolism is a variable, but it's not the largest variable by any means.

If you are saying you are superhuman and will not gain weight from eating 50 cheeseburgers a day, let's get in touch because it would make me happy to make you morbidly obese and prove you wrong at the same time.

There is absolutely nothing that will make me gain weight. The only time I gained weight is when I quit smoking and I only gained 20 lbs no more....

Oh and I can eat.....

You are lucky, my metabolism changed when I turned 30 last year. I used to burn everything off, now I have to exercise to stay the same weight.

I remember something along those lines -- do you remember the kids whose parents gave them names like Adolph Hitler?

The gov't said there were other reasons to remove the kids, but the investigation which resulted in their removal appears to have started over the name. That's kinda close to them being investigated for raising their kids to be racist.

Parents who named children 'Adolf Hitler' and 'Aryan Nation' won't receive custody of newborn son Hons | Mail Online

Well thats an extreme case, not alot of racists go out their way to name their children after Hitler.

I'm saying that your estimation of how far the human metabolism can go is extremely naive. No human metabolism is going to burn off 15,000 calories.

Some people don't want to debate, they just want to argue....

Oh and I can eat.....

You are lucky, my metabolism changed when I turned 30 last year. I used to burn everything off, now I have to exercise to stay the same weight.

I'm 32.... Thing is - the fat just goes in all the wrong places once you hit 30 :lol:

I used to have a sweet natural 6-pack when I was 24-25 - now the 6-packs (beer) have gone to the belly ...

Oh and I can eat.....

I'm 32.... Thing is - the fat just goes in all the wrong places once you hit 30 :lol:

I used to have a sweet natural 6-pack when I was 24-25 - now the 6-packs (beer) have gone to the belly ...

Thats what happens, I go to the gym 3 days a week to try and stay in some kind of shape.

Thats what happens, I go to the gym 3 days a week to try and stay in some kind of shape.

I'm in shape, round is a shape....:eusa_whistle:

No.....

Oh and I can eat.....

Like I said... I can guarantee you will gain weight eating ridiculously excessively. I'd be willing to bet you money on it. Your statement of "there is absolutely nothing that will make me gain weight" is completely ignorant on more than just a biological standpoint.

Mr. Nick is known for very foolish statements, Cowman. Simply consider the source.

The problem is though that when the child is obese, they usually have poor health. Poor health can lead to health problems. Being obese at such a young age could actually kill a child.

Isn't the parent guilty of child abuse for allowing the child to get so fat in the first place? If a parent allowed their 10 year old to smoke, they'd be charged with child abuse, so why don't we do the same for the parents of obese children? By allowing their children to get so overweight, they are neglecting them, putting their health, and lives, at risk, and if removing the children from their care is the only thing that will stop that parent from ignoring their children, then so be it.

There's so many reasons why someone might be overweight, the government would literally have to painstakingly scrutinize each individual case and make absolutely sure the obesity is actually the fault of the parents, because some people are genetically predisposed to rapid and extreme weight gain.

Not to mention, this sounds like some kind of shit out of Nazi Germany.

The problem is though that when the child is obese, they usually have poor health. Poor health can lead to health problems. Being obese at such a young age could actually kill a child.

Isn't the parent guilty of child abuse for allowing the child to get so fat in the first place? If a parent allowed their 10 year old to smoke, they'd be charged with child abuse, so why don't we do the same for the parents of obese children? By allowing their children to get so overweight, they are neglecting them, putting their health, and lives, at risk, and if removing the children from their care is the only thing that will stop that parent from ignoring their children, then so be it.

I was obese as a child.
the worst thing you can do is rip children from their parents. That is cruel and unusul punishment for being over weight.
I am 51 and in great health except for my back which I wore out working and playing.
My kids were over weight also but grew up fine and healthy.
It's people like you that give government and nosey nellie's a bad name.

I am liberal, but I do not advocate the govt or "but what about the children" heroes invading my privacy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back