Should mental and physical exams be required for presidents?

The Alt-Right has rewritten history so that it bears no resemblance to truth.

Pretty impressive that an entity that didn't even exist until a year ago has now managed to replace every History book in the planet.

I wouldn't piss them off if I were you.

Nazis have been around longer than a year.

Pretty impressive that an entity that didn't even exist until a year ago has now managed to replace every History book in the planet.

I wouldn't piss them off if I were you.
White supremacist[6][7][8][9][10] Richard Spencer appropriated the term in 2010 to define a movement centered on white nationalism, and has been accused by some media publications of doing so to whitewash overt racism, white supremacism, and neo-Nazism.[11][12][13][14][15]
Alt-right - Wikipedia

You should really concentrate on your own mental health!

Every time I read a thread you've started,
I say to myself...this person has mental problems!

Bill Clinton had every venereal disease known to man, even Monica Lewinsky had to take a break from sucking him off when he had a flare up!

I think recent events have proven that Congress should make such tests a requirement for the presidency.

I seriously believe mental and physical evaluations should be mandatory before and during one's presidency. I'm less concerned about Congress critters - because there are hundreds of them. But there is only ONE president.

That's a nice idea but considering your congress is full of morons too I hardly think they should be the ones to come up with a test

On the other hand, considering that millions voted for Trump maybe a mental test for voters would be more appropriate

:banana:

Bill Clinton had every venereal disease known to man, even Monica Lewinsky had to take a break from sucking him off when he had a flare up!
Donald Trump’s controversial comments about military service can be traced all the way back to 1997. In an interview with Howard Stern that resurfaced on BuzzFeed and The Daily Beast on Monday, August 1, the Republican presidential nominee, now 70, linked sleeping around with women to serving in the Vietnam War.

Read Donald Trump’s Craziest, Most Offensive Quotes
“I’ve been so lucky in terms of that whole world,” Trump told Stern of avoiding STDs. “It is a dangerous world out there. It’s scary, like Vietnam. Sort of like the Vietnam era. It is my personal Vietnam. I feel like a great and very brave soldier.” (Trump reportedly avoided serving during the Vietnam War by getting student deferments and a medical deferment.)

Donald Trump Calls Sleeping Around His ‘Personal Vietnam’

I think recent events have proven that Congress should make such tests a requirement for the presidency.
Like a history test and a test about the Constitution?

that sounds good to me, as no dem would ever be able to pass and if they did, it could be used against them.

Your reading comprehension overwhelms me. BTW, Trump couldn't pass the tests you suggested.
neither could have Obama.

not that that is of any importance to you.

that sounds good to me, as no dem would ever be able to pass and if they did, it could be used against them.
leftists think arresting innocent men, women, children, taking all their stuff and putting them in death camps makes you a top ranked President.

leftists think arresting innocent men, women, children, taking all their stuff and putting them in death camps makes you a top ranked President.
Like I said .. bears no resemblance to truth.

I seriously believe mental and physical evaluations should be mandatory before and during one's presidency. I'm less concerned about Congress critters - because there are hundreds of them. But there is only ONE president.

But then again people can see that Trump is kind of mentally unstable, and yet they didn't care.

absolute, irrefutable, historical facts.

leftists absolutely hate facts, that's why you have to lie about everything.

seriously, claiming that fdr didn't round people up....

FDR didn't put them in "Death Camps"
Right Wing Fascist, Hitler, did that.

Right Wing Fascist Hitler did that.
they were murdered, thus 'death camp' is dead on.

try reading a book not meant to make you feel history, but know history

Link?

Link?
What is the death toll attributed to US internment of Japanese-Americans during WWII?
favorite
We know that Spanish internment camps in Cuba at the start of 20th century were pretty horrific in terms of death toll.

What was the death toll attributed to US internment camps for Japanese-Americans during WWII?

(Specifically, deaths attributed to internment, NOT just deaths that occurred in the camp but would presumably occur just as well without it.)

united-states world-war-two
share|improve this question
edited Dec 17 '14 at 17:52

CGCampbell

asked Dec 17 '14 at 17:36

DVK

11k443104

How do you define "attributed to internment". Are you only interested in people who died by violence or those who were unlawfully killed by the camp's guards or what? – Richard Dec 17 '14 at 17:48

Richard - People who can be realistically assumed to have died because they were interned (killed by guards, or died from reasons cause by the internment like hunger/higher illness/mortality). E.g. take average mortality for a population of that size and demographics in those years, and compare to actual mortality for interned people. I'm pretty sure research on the topic ought to exist – DVK Dec 17 '14 at 17:53
Not as high as the death toll of American soldiers in Japanese POW camps. – Tyler Durden Dec 17 '14 at 22:52
active oldest votes
shootings (during various escape attempts) as well as several children and elderly people dying as a result of "inadequate health care".

In terms of general longevity, there have been numerous reports into the long-term results of incarceration, the general concensus being that internees had nearly a double incidence of heart disease and stress-related mortality outcomes:

"Survey information found former internees had a 2.1 greater risk of cardiovascular disease, cardiovascular mortality, and premature death than did a non-interned counterpart. California Nisei-age individuals, the proxy for internment, died 1.6 years earlier than Hawaiians who represented non-interned status. I concluded traumatic stress has life-long consequences even in the presence of efficacious coping strategies."

"The Experience of Injustice: Health Consequences of the Japanese American Internment", Gwendolyn M. Jensen, 1997.

Overall, it's worth stressing that these were not death camps, People were not randomly dying of minor ailments, maltreatment, overwork or starvation. The crude rate of mortality within the camps was approximately 1.5% and essentially the same as non-interned civilians of the same period.

share|improve this answer
edited Dec 17 '14 at 21:34

answered Dec 17 '14 at 17:56

Richard

From your link:

How do you define "attributed to internment". Are you only interested in people who died by violence or those who were unlawfully killed by the camp's guards or what? – Richard Dec 17 '14 at 17:48

Richard - People who can be realistically assumed to have died because they were interned (killed by guards, or died from reasons cause by the internment like hunger/higher illness/mortality). E.g. take average mortality for a population of that size and demographics in those years, and compare to actual mortality for interned people. I'm pretty sure research on the topic ought to exist – DVK Dec 17 '14 at 17:53
Not as high as the death toll of American soldiers in Japanese POW camps. – Tyler Durden Dec 17 '14 at 22:52
active oldest votes
shootings (during various escape attempts) as well as several children and elderly people dying as a result of "inadequate health care".

Should mental and physical exams be required for presidents?

They already exist - they are called Primaries, Debates, and the ELECTION.

Trump passed all of his physicals.

Hillary lost all of hers.

PHYSICAL:
During the Primaries and Campaign, she stumbled, wobbled, almost fell - had to be helped to walk, and coughed like a 3-pack-a-day-habit smoker.

MENTAL:
The DNC had to feed her debate questions in advance, and she had to wear an ear bud so she could still be fed answers during the debates.

She also failed the biggest test of all - she lost the election.

Forum List

Back