Zone1 Should Google be forced to reveal it's search engine algorithms and change it if bias is found?

Google is too big. Same with facebook, and apple. They all need to be broken up. All three use the 'free market' to buy out up and coming technologies, or they use their power and influence to deny service to alternative technologies. We saw this in the case of the Trump purge on Twitter in '21. Parler saw record growth, so much so it crashed their site, for days from new registrants. So what did Big Tech do? They kicked parler offline for a month, and told them to kick rocks. So where is this free market you speak of? Google facebook, twitter ect all received angel grants from 'investors' If you run an independent platform your screwed. Parler is defunct - big tech basically collaborated to silence the voice of millions. We used to have laws against such behavior. Now those laws are used to punish only one side of the political spectrum.

You cant have a free market, when the market is dictated by a small group
They are THE primary source of information on the planet. And they are clearly ultra-Liberal and doing all they can to shift opinion against the GOP and Trump. That is antithetical to a Free and Independent Press.
Google is everywhere. They know everything, about everyone, everywhere that matters. The information these tech companies have on consumers is shocking. They know more about you than you do. Too big to fail is google. Personally I think their entire management team should be tried for a whole host of felonies, including bribery and treason, sedition, ect. The corruption between Big Tech and the govt? There is no line.
Why do you hate the free market? Why are you kneeling at the altar of big government regulation?
What we have is no where near close to resembling a free market. In a free market, a business is allowed to sink or swim. What we have today, is you can have the chance to sink or swim if you play be OUR rules. If you dont, we will either buy you out, or deplatform you.

Google is too big. Same with facebook, and apple. They all need to be broken up. All three use the 'free market' to buy out up and coming technologies, or they use their power and influence to deny service to alternative technologies. We saw this in the case of the Trump purge on Twitter in '21. Parler saw record growth, so much so it crashed their site, for days from new registrants. So what did Big Tech do? They kicked parler offline for a month, and told them to kick rocks. So where is this free market you speak of? Google facebook, twitter ect all received angel grants from 'investors' If you run an independent platform your screwed. Parler is defunct - big tech basically collaborated to silence the voice of millions. We used to have laws against such behavior. Now those laws are used to punish only one side of the political spectrum.

Google is everywhere. They know everything, about everyone, everywhere that matters. The information these tech companies have on consumers is shocking. They know more about you than you do. Too big to fail is google. Personally I think their entire management team should be tried for a whole host of felonies, including bribery and treason, sedition, ect. The corruption between Big Tech and the govt? There is no line.

What we have is no where near close to resembling a free market. In a free market, a business is allowed to sink or swim. What we have today, is you can have the chance to sink or swim if you play be OUR rules. If you dont, we will either buy you out, or deplatform you.
Something needs to be done, perhaps the breakup of AT&T could be used as a model of sorts. Congressional hearings like that dog and pony show with Zuckerberg don't cut it.

A little more on topic - SEO, and another facet often overlooked is Google Ads both in search and on youtube. Google will fight tooth and nail to not release those metrics. There was a study done over the summer on this, The search engine journal has an article about it, called

Google In Hot Water: Billions At Stake As YouTube Ads Found To Violate Terms Of Service

(i cant remove formatting deal with it)
Basically google is juicing advertising numbers involving impressions and junk clicks on video ads. An impression is if someone sees the ad (youtube) and in google search, an impression is how many times your ad showed up in search - not necessarily how many saw your ad.

I think it was in October of 2023, google admitted to congress about increasing prices of ads only by about 5%. I can tell you from personal experience that google has raised prices by about 30% across the board (with in our verticle)

Googles company slogan used to be, do no evil. Keywords: used to be.

Google is evil​

While I do agree with this. . .

I don't think they should be allowed to do the bidding of the government with out the citizenry knowing.

That? Is the very definition of dirigisme, which is the economic system used by fascist nations.

That is not how America should operate.

It would be giving Google a de facto monopoly and government favoritism in the regulatory arena.

Don't Throw Big Tech in the Briar Patch! - #PropagandaWatch

Corbett • 05/14/2019 • 20 Comments

Mirror

. . . . but after that twitter file scandal proved how the system put its toe into propagandizing the public for its own agenda? Scary dystopian shit right there.

is that mistras logo in your post random?

You shouldn't out the left like that, it's unbecoming of you... ROTFLMBO 😂
Right, left - statists in general, are itching to get control of social media. That's exactly why I didn't specify left or right, or a particular party, in my post.

Last edited:

All caused by no proper government oversight or regulations right ?? Otherwise regs that would protect consumers and up and coming businesses that are considering or entering the markets in representation of what their consumers want.

It has to change if not operating right, because the people need proper representation in their chosen markets or market places, and this when choosing their businesses and their practices that represent them.

Take Netflix for example, they screwed up royally, and the people had great options afterwards. That's what keeps the markets working properly, and keeps business on it's toes in representation of it's base. It stops abuse and fascism from taking hold, and stops manipulating practices in their tracks.

If Google or any platform is caught releasing or manipulating information against it's consumers for a political party or candidate, and it does so for monopolizing reasons in order to keep total power over the free market place, and is also doing so in a purposeful politically motivated or defamatory damaging way, then the culprits should be drug into court, and they should face dire consequence for such actions that violate privacy or privileges, and other rights the American people have protections over, and this per their chosen government who is charged to protect such rights and privileges held by the people as individuals, and as group's.

Right, left - statists in general, are itching to get control of social media. That's exactly why I didn't specify left or right, or a particular party, in my post.
You didn't have too, it just controls your finger tips as you type... 😂

Both. Democrats have been clamoring for it for years. Now Republicans are on board too.
It's likened to war's... One side attacks, and the other side defends... The Republicans are the defender's of the Republic and it's democracy, while the Democrat's using fake narratives and lies attack, attack, attack.

Forum List

Back