Zone1 Should Google be forced to reveal it's search engine algorithms and change it if bias is found?

One of the most powerful weapons in the control of information is the Google search engine algorithm (SEO). For example enter any search string related to Trump and it is a guarantee the first two pages of search hits will be negative. That is an extremely powerful and subtle way to influence minds and that is exactly what the Ultra Liberal Google company is doing. IMHO there should be a highly visible and televised Congressional hearing on Google's SEO to determine how and why they bias string searches the way they do.

Secondly, they should be forced to remove the political bias from their SEO and if there is no change to the stacking of search string hits, they should be heavily penalized. Google's abuse of their considerable power in control of information flies in the face of our fundamental concept of a "Free and Independent Press".
So, another conservative victim thread.

I'll speak for me...

I understand that those who prosper from controlling power will advocate for abusing that power.

I understand that there's a bottleneck of information that is filtered by the global leftist powers

I know that google enforces leftist power onto the populace, and they censor and suppress opposing points of view

Yes that’s the main point of power. Power is hypocritical and biased by nature but everyone vies for it.

People on the opposing end of power will always complain about its use but people on the favoring side of power will argue for its continuation.

If Google had a conservative bias we would see the reverse.

One of the most powerful weapons in the control of information is the Google search engine algorithm (SEO). For example enter any search string related to Trump and it is a guarantee the first two pages of search hits will be negative. That is an extremely powerful and subtle way to influence minds and that is exactly what the Ultra Liberal Google company is doing. IMHO there should be a highly visible and televised Congressional hearing on Google's SEO to determine how and why they bias string searches the way they do.

Secondly, they should be forced to remove the political bias from their SEO and if there is no change to the stacking of search string hits, they should be heavily penalized. Google's abuse of their considerable power in control of information flies in the face of our fundamental concept of a "Free and Independent Press".
89moax.jpg

They (our lovely government) would simply move onto the next media system that would subscribe to the 'narrative' Mr B

Throwing the 1st under the constitutional bus via proxy of corporate toadies ......vying for position ......all too willing to capitulate

1702820479966.png

~S~

Yes that’s the main point of power. Power is hypocritical and biased by nature but everyone vies for it.

People on the opposing end of power will always complain about its use but people on the favoring side of power will argue for its continuation.

If Google had a conservative bias we would see the reverse.
The difference is, Conservative principles wouldn’t allow a totalitarian practice like big tech is found. Leftism is all about power as long as they have it

Who should we go after next? I suppose Amazon is ripe. And really, all leftist media should be targeted, right?

The difference is, Conservative principles wouldn’t allow a totalitarian practice like big tech is found. Leftism is all about power as long as they have it

Not really. Just look at the amount of people getting canceled and getting fired from their jobs just for criticizing Israel.

Conservatives do the same thing.

What part of capitalism and the freedom of business from the tyrannical government does this question fall under OP?

Forum List

Back