Zone1 Should Google be forced to reveal it's search engine algorithms and change it if bias is found?

Not really. Just look at the amount of people getting canceled and getting fired from their jobs just for criticizing Israel.

Conservatives do the same thing.
A conservative president wouldn’t tell big tech companies to censor private citizens who have the “wrong” opinion on mainstream issues.

Biden did that.

A conservative president wouldn’t tell big tech companies to censor private citizens who have the “wrong” opinion on mainstream issues.

Biden did that.
What company did Biden censor and what "wrong" opinions were they?

What part of capitalism and the freedom of business from the tyrannical government does this question fall under OP?
It doesn't. But Trumpsters don't care. Google won't kiss their asses, so they want to beat up on them with government.

Biden did that.
A conservative president would damned well tell big tech companies to censor any message they opposed.

You're living in a fantasy world if you don't know that.

Biden did that.

A conservative president ushered in the PATRIOT act

Nikki Haley, a conservative candidate for president, advocates for eliminating anonymous internet posting.

A conservative president would damned well tell big tech companies to censor any message they opposed.

You're living in a fantasy world if you don't know that.
You need that to be true to explain away that your president did it, and you know that’s dirty and corrupt.

No, I don’t think they would. That’s a leftist authoritarian thing. Just own it

You need that to be true to explain away that your president did it, and you know that’s dirty and corrupt.

No, I don’t think they would. That’s a leftist authoritarian thing. Just own it
President Biden warned tech companies about providing a platform for COVID disinformation. Disinformation such as bleach could cure COVID.

President Biden warned tech companies about providing a platform for COVID disinformation. Disinformation such as bleach could cure COVID.
I don’t think you even believe what you just said, you just have to say it to defend your favorite

I don’t think you even believe what you just said, you just have to say it to defend your favorite
Or that disinfectants in the body could cure COVID.

Or that horse paste works for COVID

Or that the humper's vaccines change your DNA.

One of the most powerful weapons in the control of information is the Google search engine algorithm (SEO). For example enter any search string related to Trump and it is a guarantee the first two pages of search hits will be negative. That is an extremely powerful and subtle way to influence minds and that is exactly what the Ultra Liberal Google company is doing. IMHO there should be a highly visible and televised Congressional hearing on Google's SEO to determine how and why they bias string searches the way they do.

Secondly, they should be forced to remove the political bias from their SEO and if there is no change to the stacking of search string hits, they should be heavily penalized. Google's abuse of their considerable power in control of information flies in the face of our fundamental concept of a "Free and Independent

I have a YouTube channel. The algorithms put my video show way off to prevent people to see it and decide whether they like it or not.

One of the most powerful weapons in the control of information is the Google search engine algorithm (SEO). For example enter any search string related to Trump and it is a guarantee the first two pages of search hits will be negative. That is an extremely powerful and subtle way to influence minds and that is exactly what the Ultra Liberal Google company is doing. IMHO there should be a highly visible and televised Congressional hearing on Google's SEO to determine how and why they bias string searches the way they do.

Secondly, they should be forced to remove the political bias from their SEO and if there is no change to the stacking of search string hits, they should be heavily penalized. Google's abuse of their considerable power in control of information flies in the face of our fundamental concept of a "Free and Independent Press".
Interesting..

Secondly, they should be forced to remove the political bias from their SEO and if there is no change to the stacking of search string hits, they should be heavily penalized. Google's abuse of their considerable power in control of information flies in the face of our fundamental concept of a "Free and Independent Press".
as a small business owner, i'm very unhappy with Google's SEO practices as well.
sites that are the legitimate owner of the trademark/"trademark" that a name projects onto the internet, are just flooded with "hits found on bigger sites". and that's gotta change.

After one realizes Google is a Liberal piece of fucking shit that will never dry out or stop stinking the better off one will be.
Technology is a super cool thing, and it amazes us all, but where the problem comes in for many is when we find out who is controlling it (politically or other), and what it is being used for by those controlling it.... Proven in political circumstances over the last decade or more.

For the most part if used right by all involved, it is a good thing, but user or buyer always beware when entering the twilight zone right ?

The algorithms aren't being understood totally by most I guess (me included), and that's something that needs to be addressed and made transparent if they are being used nefariously by their operators/creators or worse something is built into the technology in a nefarious way.

Does algorithms key on phrases or do they key on single words within a phrase, otherwise that triggers the algorithm or response generated ?

If it keys on single words within a phrase, can't this trigger false ads or content that had nothing to do with the phrase that the person typed into the search bar ??? If so, can that be a problem for the accuracy of the algorithms or would it send various content to the user that has nothing to do with what the user searched for ??

Many questions about algorithms I guess. Are they good for the most part or can they be used for bad by it's creators, otherwise if they have that kind of power or nefariousness within the thinking or mindset when created ??

The selling of people's information is another terrible thing that had developed over time.

Many things should be discussed by our government who is charged to protect the citizens in commerce or in the privacy of their personal information when using a product allowed to be commercialized, and then used per our governments permission within the nation. A product that has such immense power to be used for good or for evil should not go unregulated in this country. The government should see to it that it can only be used for good only. That's my opinion of it all. If find bad, the government should immediately go after the head of the snakes involved in that bad, and cut those heads off while leaving the good part of it alone to benefit and prosper the American people. Not such a hard concept to adhere too.

However if the government has been compromised, then all bets are off.

It doesn't. But Trumpsters don't care. Google won't kiss their asses, so they want to beat up on them with government.
Who wants Google to kiss their ace ? Were their request or directives made ?

Forum List

Back