Zone1 Longing for the common sense to return.

beagle9

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2011
Should restaurants return to the days of requiring hair nets, proper attire, proper hygiene, clean facilities, clean bathrooms, quality food, professional attitudes, and if you all can think of a gripe that you might have or something they should do again, then hey just post it in hopes to get it off your shoulders, and possibly make some changes out there concerning these things. 👍

The reason for this thread basically, is the higher cost of goods and services that we have, yet meanwhile we the consumer's are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to the quality of goods and services these days, don't you all think so ??

How do you all cope with bad service and bad goods being distributed to you, otherwise as if you are just a prisoner in a cafeteria line who will take what you get, and you better just like it ??

The worst part is when you have to fork over this huge amount of dough, even after you fall short of getting what you deserved in the entire ordeal to begin with.

Are corporate chains living up to the old quality standards that our dad's and mom's grew up with or are we just getting the middle finger by these chains as we vacate their premises a lot lighter in the pockets, and with a huge disappointment to boot ?

Seems like in the beginning, these corporations worked really hard to win us over, and to make us loyal patrons, but something happened after a while.. What was it ???

Was it the changing of the culture in which began to breed disrespect and chaos in everything it does ?? If so what led the culture into such a state of chaos and mayhem ??

Hey make this thread your own, because I don't need to patronize it or criticize it.

It's now your's.. 😂 Have fun with it.......

Should restaurants return to the days of requiring hair nets, proper attire, proper hygiene, clean facilities, clean bathrooms, quality food, professional attitudes, and if you all can think of a gripe that you might have or something they should do again, then hey just post it in hopes to get it off your shoulders, and possibly make some changes out there concerning these things. 👍

The reason for this thread basically, is the higher cost of goods and services that we have, yet meanwhile we the consumer's are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to the quality of goods and services these days, don't you all think so ??

How do you all cope with bad service and bad goods being distributed to you, otherwise as if you are just a prisoner in a cafeteria line who will take what you get, and you better just like it ??

The worst part is when you have to fork over this huge amount of dough, even after you fall short of getting what you deserved in the entire ordeal to begin with.

Are corporate chains living up to the old quality standards that our dad's and mom's grew up with or are we just getting the middle finger by these chains as we vacate their premises a lot lighter in the pockets, and with a huge disappointment to boot ?

Seems like in the beginning, these corporations worked really hard to win us over, and to make us loyal patrons, but something happened after a while.. What was it ???

Was it the changing of the culture in which began to breed disrespect and chaos in everything it does ?? If so what led the culture into such a state of chaos and mayhem ??

Hey make this thread your own, because I don't need to patronize it or criticize it.

covid ruined a lot in 4 yrs........what fauci did to this world requires execution by firing squad

Is this only for retail goods & services????? Cause I see the same degeneration of standards in most everything, including politics.

I can deal with most shoddy workmanship or customer service (either go somewhere else or do it myself) but there is little to be done about the idiocy running the country or state, or county, etc. Voting is our only option there.....and look where it's gotten us so far:aargh:

I take it, they left the bacon off your baconater again?
1702608668972.gif

There is a restaurant not far from the condo that is “lost in time”. They don’t have the uniforms (the waitresses wear jeans and T-shirts) but all have a the same colored apron. The food is always close to a 10 (sourdough toast is da-bomb). The difference is that you don’t have people doing waitressing while going to school. Nothing is wrong with that but pretty much in every case, their efforts are going to not stack up favorably to professional waitresses, professional cooks, and people who are personally invested in the success of the restaurant. Of course the word has gotten out (and has been out for 20+ years) on this place so if you’re not there early in the morning, you have a wait and on Sunday, the church crowd rolls in and it’s game over.

Anyway to the point of the OP (as much as there was one), as long as business owners are making bank just rolling out staff who doesn’t care, low-quality food, and folks who don’t know the meaning of the phrase ala carte... they will continue to do so.

I do not go back again. Most places get one chance, every now and then I might give a place a 2nd chance but not often.

Avoid corporate chains at all cost. The only real exception to this is Chick fil A. They are building an Olive Garden close to use and so many people are excited and the wife and I are like...are you kidding, I would rather go hungry than eat that crap.

They got complacent and the pressure for max profits won out.

Variable tipping is one of the last ways to reward good service. No wonder they don't do it in Europe anymore.

covid ruined a lot in 4 yrs........what fauci did to this world requires execution by firing squad
Covering for the Chinese, otherwise by sticking with the wet market narrative is a serious offense if it was a lab leak and they knew it.

We don't eat meals out. As far as customer service one shouldn't expect it.
My friend and his wife was telling us about a restaurant that they had met at as teenagers in, and how the couple that owned it back then made absolutely sure that everything was clean, hair nets worn, super quality food, and super service for many year's. It's still out there in places people, and for those people who still have such places in their small towns or big cities, well they should be proud that such places have survived the idiocy of today. 👍

Last edited:
Variable tipping is one of the last ways to reward good service. No wonder they don't do it in Europe anymore.
True, but mostly taking about burgers and fries to go or dine in was my thoughts, otherwise just memories and comparisons of old verses new.

Even burgers and fries use to be an American tradition in which saw pride in such traditions, and especially for those who have a love for those types of foods and services still yet today, otherwise food and services that were enjoyed back then just as well as now..

The industry was built up, and revolved around (the young crowds), maybe say up to the 40 year old mark mainly, whom loved such foods and the atmospheres that they were being created in, and they still love their long standing traditions born in this American country if just from a nostalgic reasoning or perspective.......................

Well me and the wife are old, but we still love a burger and some old fashion service with a smile to go along with it. 😂

It's just sad what we see in as far as service goes these day's in America, and worse it's not good by what we see with the reckless preparation of food that is being prepared by people that look a hot mess, especially when it comes to handling people's food these day's, and worse the entitled sad attitudes that go along with it all these days as well.

Last edited:
Nah, they put a hair in my salad😡, and I had the chit's the next day, along with the missing of some of the components of my order... ROTFLMBO 🤣
Yep. We've come a long way. I remember the days when you had to have a health card to work in a restaurant.

True, but mostly taking about burgers and fries to go or dine in was my thoughts, otherwise just memories and comparisons of old verses new.

Even burgers and fries use to be an American tradition in which saw pride in such traditions, and especially for those who have a love for those types of foods and services still yet today, otherwise food and services that were enjoyed back then just as well as now..

The industry was built up, and revolved around (the young crowds), maybe say up to the 40 year old mark mainly, whom loved such foods and the atmospheres that they were being created in, and they still love their long standing traditions born in this American country if just from a nostalgic reasoning or perspective.......................

Well me and the wife are old, but we still love a burger and some old fashion service with a smile to go along with it. 😂

It's just sad what we see in as far as service goes these day's in America, and worse it's not good by what we see with the reckless preparation of food that is being prepared by people that look a hot mess, especially when it comes to handling people's food these day's, and worse the entitled sad attitudes that go along with it all these days as well.
When a restaurant pays low wages one shouldn't expect good service. You get what you pay for. Service is based on wages.

Forum List

Back