Zone1 Should Christians make an effort to understand and learn from Jewish dietary restrictions?

No. Its right there in the Bible and so I believe! :auiqs.jpg:

Read John 6:63 and John 6:68 and see for yourself. You are busted, caught lying your ass off

If that were the case their concerns would have disappeared after this supposed clarification, and they would have thereby stayed with Jesus. But that’s not what happened.

They were aghast and asked Jesus to clarify did he really mean for them to eat his flesh and drink his blood? Jesus did so in even greater detail. And they left. If he was teaching them it was symbolic, they wouldn't have left.

You are making up your own narrative and it is diametrically opposed to what was recorded in the gospel.

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. (John 6:53–56)

First, no one today is subject to Mosaic Law. That law's jurisdiction extended only to ancient Israel.

Second, no jot or tittle of that law was to be ignored until Christ came in his kingdom. Already done. It happened in that generation.

Third, eat whatever is your heart's desire.
There is ZERO truth in your post. Get educated

The verb used in these verses is not the classical Greek verb used of human eating, but that of animal eating: “munch,” “gnaw.”

The flesh is of no avail. The flesh is sacrificed for us. Anyone who eats the flesh of Christ and drinks the blood of Christ cannot help but be overcome with remorse for their sins followed by the elation of being loved so much by one willing to sacrifice his flesh and blood for us for no other reason than he loves us and wants us to progress; to become sanctified.

the teaching about how to correctly understand and comply with divine law that leads to eternal life, teaching that Jesus received directly from God like bread from heaven, the food of angels.
So link to this teaching from Jesus you are referencing. You know? What exactly did Jesus teach about understanding the divine law? Surely there exists an elegant explanation in the gospels, right? And what exactly did Jesus teach about complying with the divine law? Where was that written? Can you point to a passage where this is explained in detail by Jesus? And why isn't that explained by Paul if it was such an important teaching?

Note I do not ask "to follow Jewish dietary restrictions."

Here's my point: Jesus said that he was not here to change one jot or one tittle of the law - jot and tittle being small marks in letters, such as the dot above a lower case i. I'll leave the history lesson about why early Christian missionaries did not require non-Jewish converts to honor Jewish dietary restrictions as they did the Ten Commandments to more knowledgeable folk.

I will say that it would seem strange that Christians would often openly flout laws by eating bacon cheeseburgers, for example. Of course the answer to that is that most Christians do not know why a bacon cheeseburger would be such an anathema. It a deliberate ignorance, in my opinion. Not on the part of the followers, but on the part of the leaders, eager to avoid giving their flock a reason to leave the fold.

Modern science shows that most, if not all, of the dietary restrictions lead to a healthier diet. Should not Christian pastors cite this as an example of God's wisdom? Should they not speak of shellfish and other proscribed foods as tolerated, if not consumed to excess, much as many Christians view alcohol?
No. The dietary restrictions don't even mention kangaroo(marsupials) emus and witchety grubs!!!

Yum yum!!!!

Greg

Giving up pork was easy, I had basically been pork free for over a decade due to its health impact. The biggest challenge is not mixing dairy with meat due to my once love of pizza. I enjoyed chicken on pizza and veggie only can be very good if one has 7-8 toppings, but, if only a couple of toppings I find it uninspiring.

If that were the case their concerns would have disappeared after this supposed clarification, and they would have thereby stayed with Jesus. But that’s not what happened.
Wrong, it is exactly what happened. Didn't you read it? It couldn't have been more clear. Damn

When Jesus asked if the remaining 12 were going to leave him too, Simon Peter replied:

"Lord, to whom shall we go? Your words are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God.", John 6:68, confirming the remaining disciples belief in the explanation that Jesus gave in 6:63, that his words, this teaching from God, is what gives life." Not bread or anything edible made by human hands.

Jesus clearly explained to the remaining disciples "His word (teaching from God) as the life-giving principle, because that word is spirit and life, He also called His flesh by the same appellation; because, too, the Word had become flesh." Tertullian, on the resurrection of the flesh

Last edited:
No. The dietary restrictions don't even mention kangaroo(marsupials) emus and witchety grubs!!!

Yum yum!!!!

Greg
It doesn't mention brown nosed dorks, sheeple, or scumbags either but maybe you can see why they are also unclean creatures whose flesh defiles and contaminates the mind. Maybe not.

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. (John 6:53–56)
So that leaves you out. You have not eaten the flesh of Jesus, in fact you desecrate the Body of Christ, teaching from God, every single time you drop to your knees in the deranged adoration of a lifeless matzo made by human hands even thought it cannot see hear or speak and is not God.

So that leaves you out. You have not eaten the flesh of Jesus, in fact you desecrate the Body of Christ, teaching from God, every single time you drop to your knees in the deranged adoration of a lifeless matzo made by human hands even thought it cannot see hear or speak and is not God.
The flesh is of no avail.

Wrong, it is exactly what happened. Didn't you read it? It couldn't have been more clear. Damn

When Jesus asked if the remaining 12 were going to leave him too, Simon Peter replied:

"Lord, to whom shall we go? Your words are words of eternal life. We have faith and know that you are the Holy One of God.", John 6:68, confirming the remaining disciples belief in the explanation that Jesus gave in 6:63, that his words, this teaching from God, is what gives life." Not bread or anything edible made by human hands.

Jesus clearly explained to the remaining disciples "His word (teaching from God) as the life-giving principle, because that word is spirit and life, He also called His flesh by the same appellation; because, too, the Word had become flesh." Tertullian, on the resurrection of the flesh
Actually that isn't clearly explaining his message. The flesh is of no avail. Until you gnaw on his body and drink his blood you will not have eternal life because you will have no remorse for causing his death.

Stop worrying about the flesh of Christ. The flesh is of no avail.
Wow, you seem to be confounded. Thats a shame

Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink" Jesus H Christ!

For he who eats and drinks without discerning the Body, eats and drinks judgment upon himself

You fucked up dude. You fell for an ancient Roman joke....Eat this! You do have my condolences.

Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink" Jesus H Christ!
Absolutely. The flesh is of no avail. The flesh is sacrificed for us. Anyone who eats the flesh of Christ and drinks the blood of Christ cannot help but be overcome with remorse for their sins followed by the elation of being loved so much by one willing to sacrifice his flesh and blood for us for no other reason than he loves us and wants us to progress; to become sanctified.

Which is why you have no remorse for his death or have eternal life.

Until you gnaw on his body and drink his blood you will not have eternal life because you will have no remorse for causing his death.
I had absolutely nothing whatever to do with the death of Jesus. In fact I do not, like you, perpetuate the exact same perverse literal interpretation of the law that Jesus died opposing. Neither do I perpetuate the lie that Jesus claimed to be God, the same lie that his enemies used to discredit his Words, his Flesh, the Body of his teaching from God, to make him seem toys in the attic, way off the deep end, babbling drunken hubris... insane. Thats why I have no remorse.

You love Jesus so much that you say he was insane and then worship a matzo and eat it. Nice.

Thats why you feel guilty. You are a sinner who celebrates the death of an innocent Jewish man.

Your flesh, your vile and degrading beliefs based on church dogma, is, in actuality, reprehensible

NOT KOSHER.

And you almost got me to munch on an imaginary three in one edible matzo mangod. :auiqs.jpg:right...

1697568016888.png

Last edited:
I had absolutely nothing whatever to do with the death of Jesus. In fact I do not, like you, perpetuate the exact same perverse literal interpretation of the law that Jesus died opposing. Neither do I perpetuate the lie that Jesus claimed to be God, the same lie that his enemies used to discredit his Words, his flesh, the Body of his teaching from God, to make him seem toys in the attic, way off the deep end, babbling drunken hubris... insane. Thats why I have no remorse.

You love Jesus so much that you say he was insane and then worship a matzo and eat it. Nice.

Thats why you feel guilty. You are a sinner who celebrates the death of an innocent Jewish man.

Your flesh, your vile and degrading beliefs based on church dogma, is, in actuality, reprehensible

NOT KOSHER.

And you almost got me to munch on an imaginary three in one edible matzo mangod. :auiqs.jpg:right...

View attachment 844351
And it's because you believe that you had nothing to do with his death that you can't understand the mystery of the Eucharist. Or harness it's power. And why you don't abide in him and he doesn't abide in you.

The flesh is of no avail. The flesh is sacrificed for us. Anyone who eats the flesh of Christ and drinks the blood of Christ cannot help but be overcome with remorse for their sins followed by the elation of being loved so much by one willing to sacrifice his flesh and blood for us for no other reason than he loves us and wants us to progress; to become sanctified.

Which is why Jesus said, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. (John 6:53–56)

the law that Jesus died opposing.
Which law would that be? Because you have as yet not provided any comprehensive treatise on that. One would think if that was so important there would be an entire dialogue where Jesus discussed it in depth. All you have ever done is string together unrelated verses that have nothing to do with your deluded interpretation. So rather than accepting what Jesus said at face value - as I have done - you have gone off on your own personal jihad to remake Jesus in your secular image.

Forum List

Back