Zone1 Saints in heaven shocked to hear Catholics have been trying to talk to them this whole time

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

PEARLY GATES — All was not trumpets and harps at the Pearly Gates following a surprising revelation that has really ruffled some holy vestments. Saints in Heaven were shocked to learn Catholics have been trying to talk to them this whole time.

"Wait a minute," said St. Gabriel, Archangel and Catholic patron saint of communications and voicemails. "You people have been trying to contact us for HOW long? When was someone going to tell me about this?"

"You've been what?" a befuddled Saint Peter asked incoming Catholic Tony Fenucci. "Praying to...ME? What the heck?!"

News that Catholics have been sending their prayers to saints rather than God spread across the heavens, leading to a day of conversation, confusion, and some hard finger-pointing at Biblical passages that the saints thought had been quite clear to understand.

"Forgive my frustration, but I just learned millions of Catholics have been asking me to gather up their prayers and carry them to God like some kind of messenger boy," said a palpably frustrated Saint Paul. "I'm trying to enjoy my massive mansion up here, folks!"

At publishing time, the saints had elected to save further headaches by setting their voicemail to automatically forward to Jesus.

The Pope was unavailable for comment as he was heard mumbling incoherently about Climate change destroying the earth instead because he had allowed gay marriage.

It would seem to me that most of the Saints had a rough go of things in life and would appreciate being left alone in their reward instead of spammed with prayers all the time. ;)
and the martyred ones are itching for retribution.

PEARLY GATES — All was not trumpets and harps at the Pearly Gates following a surprising revelation that has really ruffled some holy vestments. Saints in Heaven were shocked to learn Catholics have been trying to talk to them this whole time.

"Wait a minute," said St. Gabriel, Archangel and Catholic patron saint of communications and voicemails. "You people have been trying to contact us for HOW long? When was someone going to tell me about this?"

"You've been what?" a befuddled Saint Peter asked incoming Catholic Tony Fenucci. "Praying to...ME? What the heck?!"

News that Catholics have been sending their prayers to saints rather than God spread across the heavens, leading to a day of conversation, confusion, and some hard finger-pointing at Biblical passages that the saints thought had been quite clear to understand.

"Forgive my frustration, but I just learned millions of Catholics have been asking me to gather up their prayers and carry them to God like some kind of messenger boy," said a palpably frustrated Saint Paul. "I'm trying to enjoy my massive mansion up here, folks!"

At publishing time, the saints had elected to save further headaches by setting their voicemail to automatically forward to Jesus.

The Pope was unavailable for comment as he was heard mumbling incoherently about Climate change destroying the earth instead because he had allowed gay marriage.
there is one exception!

saint antonius brings back lost luggage if you ask him politely ….

never fails!

what about the Russian Orthodox Christians?

did they not pray to their saints?

Well isn't their 'reward" good enough?
What are you imagining that reward to be?

I imagine it being a servant of God, and that perhaps servants of God can use our support in the form of love and prayers.

How about those who have passed on and would appreciate our prayers for them?
That's a different story. The story here is that Catholics pray to everyone but God hoping they will mediate between God and man. Yet, the Bible is clear that there is only one person that can do that, Jesus Christ. He is the only mediator between us and the Father.

Post in thread 'Christian Proselytizing'
Zone1 - Christian Proselytizing

You lose again.
Incredible. That post does not even mention discipleship. It speaks of spending time converting people. I had addressed that in that thread as well, noting a better way of making disciples is through living example, not by handing out a pamphlet or by knocking on a door. People who believe the better way is via pamphlet or knocking on doors follow through on their way. Do they not?

Incredible. That post does not even mention discipleship. It speaks of spending time converting people. I had addressed that in that thread as well, noting a better way of making disciples is through living example, not by handing out a pamphlet or by knocking on a door. People who believe the better way is via pamphlet or knocking on doors follow through on their way. Do they not?
O
M
G

You don’t even know what discipleship is.

Forum List

Back