CDZ Should bump stocks be legal?

View attachment 152537

Other than massacring innocent people there is no reason to have this level of firepower
what kind of car do you own?

What size house do you live in?

What kind of pet do you have?

Why don't you have a bigger, fancier, or more exotic one?

There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer. I am not allowed to drive drunk and must be licensed, insured and wear a seat belt
My house is limited by local zoning and safety laws
I am restricted in the type of pet I can own......I am not allowed to own a tiger

These guns have no application in civilian use other than to massacre as many people as you can in a short period of time

They are used for self defense......they make sure the criminals decide not to make you a victim.

It is already against the law to use guns to commit crimes. If you do, you get arrested.

View attachment 152537

Other than massacring innocent people there is no reason to have this level of firepower

There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer. I am not allowed to drive drunk and must be licensed, insured and wear a seat belt
I am restricted in the type of pet I can own......I am not allowed to own a tiger

These guns have no application in civilian use other than to massacre as many people as you can in a short period of time
There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer.

and even more in the manufacture and selling of firearms

Not allowed to move? limited in what way?

Can't put on additions, paint it, etc?

I am not allowed to own a tiger

Why not?

no, there are multiple uses, you just ignore the ones that don't fit your agenda

Name a practical use of an AR-15 that has been modified to shoot 500 rounds per minute?
"The official Bushmaster XM15 manual lists the maximum effective rate of fire at 45 rounds per minute." https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjm9p6Fl9XWAhXr1IMKHTGNCa8QFggwMAM&url=http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/01/02/gun_control_ar_15_rifle_the_nra_claims_the_ar_15_rifle_is_for_hunting_and.html&usg=AOvVaw2jsEDCo14PrOTvBszN642n
So, I guess there really wouldn't be a "practical" application of an AR-15 capable of firing at 500rpm. That said, at 45rpm, one could argue that sport shooting would be a "practical" application. As for the 500 rpm part, an AK-47 "At full cyclic rate, they can fire about 600 rounds per minute (upto 640 rounds per minute for the AKM), with a practical rate of about 100 rounds per minute fully automatic..."https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiFhZD8l9XWAhWhzIMKHeo1BaAQFgguMAI&url=http://www.constitution.org/mil/wi/17th/ak%20rifles.htm&usg=AOvVaw3NlcES1wzvpHuE8QSRokYg The BAR is capable of a 500-650 rpm rate, however it is limited to "just" 20 rounds. So, what rifle would you say is capable of firing at 500 rpm that you do not know of a "practical" application for?
An AR 15 modified with a bump stock is capable of firing at 500 rounds per minute

That weapon rained horror down on thousands of people

It has no place in our society

View attachment 152537

They are used for self defense......they make sure the criminals decide not to make you a victim.

It is already against the law to use guns to commit crimes. If you do, you get arrested.
Handy weapon if you want to slaughter first graders or massacre concert goers

Why shouldn't those who want to slaughter people have the best available weapon?

Why make it hard for them?

Why not?

no, there are multiple uses, you just ignore the ones that don't fit your agenda

Name a practical use of an AR-15 that has been modified to shoot 500 rounds per minute?
"The official Bushmaster XM15 manual lists the maximum effective rate of fire at 45 rounds per minute." https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjm9p6Fl9XWAhXr1IMKHTGNCa8QFggwMAM&url=http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/01/02/gun_control_ar_15_rifle_the_nra_claims_the_ar_15_rifle_is_for_hunting_and.html&usg=AOvVaw2jsEDCo14PrOTvBszN642n
So, I guess there really wouldn't be a "practical" application of an AR-15 capable of firing at 500rpm. That said, at 45rpm, one could argue that sport shooting would be a "practical" application. As for the 500 rpm part, an AK-47 "At full cyclic rate, they can fire about 600 rounds per minute (upto 640 rounds per minute for the AKM), with a practical rate of about 100 rounds per minute fully automatic..."https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiFhZD8l9XWAhWhzIMKHeo1BaAQFgguMAI&url=http://www.constitution.org/mil/wi/17th/ak%20rifles.htm&usg=AOvVaw3NlcES1wzvpHuE8QSRokYg The BAR is capable of a 500-650 rpm rate, however it is limited to "just" 20 rounds. So, what rifle would you say is capable of firing at 500 rpm that you do not know of a "practical" application for?
An AR 15 modified with a bump stock is capable of firing at 500 rounds per minute

I'd really like to see a AR magazine that holds 500 bullets...

It could be it's own tripod

Apparently he did no use one according the other article linked above. My apologies.

I'm still thinking if we outlaw automatic rifles we may as well outlaw modifying your gun to fire as fast as one.

To not outlaw them seems contrary to the spirit of the law.

Far as my cars go, them things are REALLY regulated. I can drive it into a crowd I suppose. But to carry on that debate we should talk about the regulations on automatic rifles being just or not.....unless you want to travel the big government path of my dash cam being able to remove your license to drive, which we could debate.
he bought a machine gun or two, or a semi-automatic or two that was already retrofitted in another State or north of Vegas, in Reno... is what I think I heard on the news??? Don't quote me on this yet, I need to confirm....

View attachment 152537

Why not?

name the practical use of a car that's been modified to travel at 200 mph
Cars with those capabilities are used on race tracks all the time. It is not legal to use that capability on public roads.

Why not?

Cars with those capabilities are used on race tracks all the time. It is not legal to use that capability on public roads.
But the capability is still there...

Why not?

And?

Why not?

And?
There is no “and”... It’s self evident that regardless of capability; responsibility lies solely with the operator. Whether it be guns, or cars.

Why not?

I'd really like to see a AR magazine that holds 500 bullets...

It could be it's own tripod

He was firing bursts of around ten seconds
Ten seconds of hell

Grab another magazine and you are good for another ten seconds

Why anyone needs that firepower beyond me
Unless you are planning on a massacre

View attachment 152537

Why shouldn't those who want to slaughter people have the best available weapon?

And they could also save lives....they can keep black lives matter rioters from burning and looting your store. They can keep looters and roving gangs of criminals from attacking you and your family after a hurricane when there are no police available.....and if you are a rancher on the border with the Narco state of Mexico, you will find them handy if you have Coyotes or drug runners using your property as a delivery route....since the police may be an hour away.....

Different tools for different jobs.

View attachment 152537

And they could also save lives....they can keep black lives matter rioters from burning and looting your store. They can keep looters and roving gangs of criminals from attacking you and your family after a hurricane when there are no police available.....and if you are a rancher on the border with the Narco state of Mexico, you will find them handy if you have Coyotes or drug runners using your property as a delivery route....since the police may be an hour away.....

They serve no purpose other than slaughter and mayhem

We saw that on Sunday

They serve no purpose other than slaughter and mayhem

We saw that on Sunday
Yeah, but I remember the election and the vile disgusting hatred directed at Americans with the threat of violence as the answer, if that had not just been a bunch of lies I would have welcomed a gun that could deliver that kind of "slaughter and mayhem"..and who knows, maybe they weren't lies, maybe they were worried about such weapons, and if they weren't then why should we be?

And?
There is no “and”... It’s self evident that regardless of capability; responsibility lies solely with the operator. Whether it be guns, or cars.

Fellow poster,

I think you have fallen into a logic trap.

Consider if I have a deck on the back of my house and a porch on the front. If both are in need of maintenance but I only have time to do one, should I not work on the deck today then deal with the porch tomorrow?

If you feel there is a problem with automobiles we'll work on it tomorrow (or in another thread) and work on bump stocks here. (one word or two?)

View attachment 152537

Now you do have a point. If I need to kill bunches and bunches of people quickly nothing like a machine gun.

In your opinion should machine guns be legal then? I view bumpstocks in the same vein, if machine guns are legal then heck yea a bumper should be.

Fellow poster,

I think you have fallen into a logic trap.

Consider if I have a deck on the back of my house and a porch on the front. If both are in need of maintenance but I only have time to do one, should I not work on the deck today then deal with the porch tomorrow?

If you feel there is a problem with automobiles we'll work on it tomorrow (or in another thread) and work on bump stocks here. (one word or two?)

I think you jumped into the same logic trap. This isn't about your deck or porch, it's about the Second Amendment to the US Constitution. We can work on your deck or porch tomorrow.... just saying.

For the record, I don't have a problem with outlawing the sale of bump stocks. The problem is, anyone can make a homemade bump stock. Of course, you can make possessing one illegal, just like sawed-off shotguns... but bad people will still have them.

Forum List

Back