CDZ Should bump stocks be legal?

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
Recent events have me thinking about these. Essentially it is a device which if I understand right somewhat clumsily uses the recoil of the rifle to make it fire faster.

Full-Auto Fast - Product Update - $99 Bump Stock - GunsAmerica Digest

I have never fired a gun with one. When first watching the video's of the recent tragedy I thought, "Is that an automatic rifle" but it was almost too slow.

Now according to the AP the gunman used a bumpstock Las Vegas shooting: Gunman had ‘bump-stock’ device that could speed fire – The Denver Post Which would explain the rate of fire.

So, if I understand bumpstocks are only good at firing into a herd or crowd since they reduce accuracy?

Is the rate of fire sufficient they should be regulated like automatic rifles are?

Or are they no big deal and I should be able to go buy one?

One never knows when a good guy with a gun might need to take on a crowd.

Recent events have me thinking about these. Essentially it is a device which if I understand right somewhat clumsily uses the recoil of the rifle to make it fire faster.

I have never fired a gun with one. When first watching the video's of the recent tragedy I thought, "Is that an automatic rifle" but it was almost too slow.

Now according to the AP the gunman used a bumpstock Las Vegas shooting: Gunman had ‘bump-stock’ device that could speed fire – The Denver Post Which would explain the rate of fire.

So, if I understand bumpstocks are only good at firing into a herd or crowd since they reduce accuracy?

Is the rate of fire sufficient they should be regulated like automatic rifles are?

OP is based on misleading news article.

He had 2 bump-fire stocks at his house. No official statement of the weapons used to kill has been made.

I read the article earlier, the way it's worded is very misleading.

From OP link:

"Two officials familiar with the investigation told the AP that Paddock had two bump stocks. They are investigating whether those stocks were used to modify weapons used in the massacre,"

Last edited:
aCapture.PNG

Other than massacring innocent people there is no reason to have this level of firepower

View attachment 152537

Other than massacring innocent people there is no reason to have this level of firepower
what kind of car do you own?

What size house do you live in?

What kind of pet do you have?

Why don't you have a bigger, fancier, or more exotic one?

There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer. I am not allowed to drive drunk and must be licensed, insured and wear a seat belt
My house is limited by local zoning and safety laws
I am restricted in the type of pet I can own......I am not allowed to own a tiger

These guns have no application in civilian use other than to massacre as many people as you can in a short period of time

View attachment 152537

There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer. I am not allowed to drive drunk and must be licensed, insured and wear a seat belt
I am restricted in the type of pet I can own......I am not allowed to own a tiger

These guns have no application in civilian use other than to massacre as many people as you can in a short period of time
There are many restrictions on the car I own to make it safer.

and even more in the manufacture and selling of firearms

Not allowed to move? limited in what way?

Can't put on additions, paint it, etc?

I am not allowed to own a tiger

Why not?

no, there are multiple uses, you just ignore the ones that don't fit your agenda

http://www.slidefire.com/

Bump firing is a well-established capability that uses the recoil of a semi-automatic firearm to fire multiple shots in rapid succession. The patented Slide Fire® rifle stock allows shooters to safely and accurately bump fire their rifles without compromising safety and accuracy.

The Slide Fire® stock is fun, exciting and entertaining. As always, practice safe firearm procedures when using any firearm. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has approved the Slide Fire stock where firearms are legal. Our patented technology allows for an alternate shooting technique whereby safe, reliable rapid fire is possible.

"fun, exciting AND entertaining"

Hey kids....watch me gun down all those people watching that concert. Isn't it funny watching them run around screaming?

View attachment 152537

Why not?

no, there are multiple uses, you just ignore the ones that don't fit your agenda

Name a practical use of an AR-15 that has been modified to shoot 500 rounds per minute?

Bump firing is a well-established capability that uses the recoil of a semi-automatic firearm to fire multiple shots in rapid succession. The patented Slide Fire® rifle stock allows shooters to safely and accurately bump fire their rifles without compromising safety and accuracy.

The Slide Fire® stock is fun, exciting and entertaining. As always, practice safe firearm procedures when using any firearm. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has approved the Slide Fire stock where firearms are legal. Our patented technology allows for an alternate shooting technique whereby safe, reliable rapid fire is possible.

Hey kids....watch me gun down all those people watching that concert. Isn't it funny watching them run around screaming?
:cuckoo:

View attachment 152537

Why not?

Name a practical use of an AR-15 that has been modified to shoot 500 rounds per minute?
name the practical use of a car that's been modified to travel at 200 mph

:cuckoo:

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

I WIN!

Two :cuckoo:to one

View attachment 152537

Why not?

I don't know.....but not to massacre a classroom full of six year olds or 59 concert goers

Why not?

I don't know.....but not to massacre a classroom full of six year olds or 59 concert goers
I don't know...

you finally got my point

Yes. Because with practice the same action can be achieved using nothing more than a rubber band. Has it even been confirmed that the shooter even used a bump stock?

Apparently he did no use one according the other article linked above. My apologies.

I'm still thinking if we outlaw automatic rifles we may as well outlaw modifying your gun to fire as fast as one.

To not outlaw them seems contrary to the spirit of the law.

Far as my cars go, them things are REALLY regulated. I can drive it into a crowd I suppose. But to carry on that debate we should talk about the regulations on automatic rifles being just or not.....unless you want to travel the big government path of my dash cam being able to remove your license to drive, which we could debate.

View attachment 152537

Why not?

"The official Bushmaster XM15 manual lists the maximum effective rate of fire at 45 rounds per minute." https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ing_and.html&usg=AOvVaw2jsEDCo14PrOTvBszN642n
So, I guess there really wouldn't be a "practical" application of an AR-15 capable of firing at 500rpm. That said, at 45rpm, one could argue that sport shooting would be a "practical" application. As for the 500 rpm part, an AK-47 "At full cyclic rate, they can fire about 600 rounds per minute (upto 640 rounds per minute for the AKM), with a practical rate of about 100 rounds per minute fully automatic..."https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...20rifles.htm&usg=AOvVaw3NlcES1wzvpHuE8QSRokYg The BAR is capable of a 500-650 rpm rate, however it is limited to "just" 20 rounds. So, what rifle would you say is capable of firing at 500 rpm that you do not know of a "practical" application for?

Forum List

Back