CDZ What if........?

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
What would American society be like if the 2nd amendment were repealed and civilians could no longer bear arms (have guns)? What are the pros and what are the cons?

The hunting industry would take a big hit. No telling how many millions of jobs would be lost.
We could not defend ourselves against criminals with guns. You know, since they cant get rid of the black market.
We could not defend ourselves if our federal govt decided to start hanging civilians in the streets for no reason.
We could not defend ourselves if we got invaded and something happened with our military and or branch of command.
There would be a rise in other ways of murder
I cant think of anything good.

You would see pigs flying before that would happen, so why bother making a thread on it?

What would American society be like if the 2nd amendment were repealed and civilians could no longer bear arms (have guns)? What are the pros and what are the cons?
One word, ok two:

Mass genocide.

Need proof? Open a history book.

This is a ridiculous topic from the word go.
Perhaps it is ridiculous........but there are many on this forum that would like the 2nd amendment either repealed or re-interpreted such that it is meaningless.

Australia did it 20 years ago after THEIR worst mass murder in their history. And they haven't had any since.

Odd but the gun cult hates this.
"You know what they do at Brian's house?" "You know...over at the Miller's they?" "You know...in Germany...France...Australia...New Zealand...on MAAAAARS.
Fuqouta here.

Australia did it 20 years ago after THEIR worst mass murder in their history. And they haven't had any since.

"You know what they do at Brian's house?" "You know...over at the Miller's they?" "You know...in Germany...France...Australia...New Zealand...on MAAAAARS.
Fuqouta here.

Follow your own advice, you have nothing.

Fuqouta here.

Follow your own advice, you have nothing.
Follow mine...dont blend examples. OZ is not the USA. It is a lazy man's attempt at equivocation.

There are soo many guns and they last soo long I fear they aould exist on the black market for a century before you had any great effect.

Far as the hunting or skeet industries, bleh. Ppl will spend their money elsewhere or save it. My bet is 80% of the moneybnotnspent on hunting rifles goes to the bow and cross bow manufacturers, 18% bars, 1% the atlatl folks. Those are hunters.

I've never had a safety need for a gun. I'm sure some people who are not cops have, but I have to wonder what percentage of the population they constitute.

Given that I've never needed a gun for an essential purpose, I cannot imagine that my life would be different if guns were prohibited.

I have to say...it occurs to me that fully automatic weapons have been unlawful to sell and few and far between are the instances in which a fully automatic weapon has been used to commit a crime. I realize handy individuals can probably convert a semi-automatic gun into a fully automatic one, and yet it appears criminals by and large don't bother doing so. Insofar as they aren't much using them, it stands to reason they also don't much possess such guns.

That fact pattern suggests to me that bans on firearms do indeed work to impede na'er do wells' ability to obtain them. After all, a fully automatic firearm makes available a different order of tactical options, and why wouldn't anyone with an objective that necessitates criminally using a firearm not prefer to have an edge or wider range of options?

I've never had a safety need for a gun. I'm sure some people who are not cops have, but I have to wonder what percentage of the population they constitute.

Given that I've never needed a gun for an essential purpose, I cannot imagine that my life would be different if guns were prohibited.

I have to say...it occurs to me that fully automatic weapons have been unlawful to sell and few and far between are the instances in which a fully automatic weapon has been used to commit a crime. I realize handy individuals can probably convert a semi-automatic gun into a fully automatic one, and yet it appears criminals by and large don't bother doing so. Insofar as they aren't much using them, it stands to reason they also don't much possess such guns.

That fact pattern suggests to me that bans on firearms do indeed work to impede na'er do wells' ability to obtain them. After all, a fully automatic firearm makes available a different order of tactical options, and why wouldn't anyone with an objective that necessitates criminally using a firearm not prefer to have an edge or wider range of options?

I do not usually have a gun with me; however, since I live in an area where many people have CWPs and do carry their own guns I benefit. The criminal elements don't know that I'm not packing. If guns were banned then the criminal elements would know that the law abiding citizens would not be able to defend themselves.

A tiny 25 year old woman may need a gun to protect herself against large adult males that may wish to abduct and rape her. A gun would give her a fighting chance of defending herself. Otherwise, the strong can overpower the weak.

One word, ok two:

Mass genocide.

Need proof? Open a history book.

This is a ridiculous topic from the word go.
Perhaps it is ridiculous........but there are many on this forum that would like the 2nd amendment either repealed or re-interpreted such that it is meaningless.
many on this forum that would like the 2nd amendment either repealed or re-interpreted such that it is meaningless.

What I think has lots of meaning, but little of it well, is owning some 50 guns and corresponding ammunition. Don't get me wrong. I understand that some people collect guns just as other people collect art or porcelain or whatever. That said, there's a big difference between collecting and building an arsenal, to say nothing of actually leaving home with 20 guns, apparently in much the same way one doesn't leave home without their American Express card.

I do not usually have a gun with me; however, since I live in an area where many people have CWPs and do carry their own guns I benefit. The criminal elements don't know that I'm not packing. If guns were banned then the criminal elements would know that the law abiding citizens would not be able to defend themselves.

A tiny 25 year old woman may need a gun to protect herself against large adult males that may wish to abduct and rape her. A gun would give her a fighting chance of defending herself. Otherwise, the strong can overpower the weak.
since I live in an area where many people have CWPs and do carry their own guns I benefit.
I live in a city that for ages banned gun possession. It has had no discernable impact on my life. I'm a rich white guy and that's pretty obvious to any na'er do well who pays any attention to my movements. But for being tall and fit, I'm sure I look like a good target.

A tiny 25 year old woman may need a gun to protect herself against large adult males that may wish to abduct and rape her.

Just In Case Fallacy

since I live in an area where many people have CWPs and do carry their own guns I benefit.
I live in a city that for ages banned gun possession. It has had no discernable impact on my life. I'm a rich white guy and that's pretty obvious to any na'er do well who pays any attention to my movements. But for being tall and fit, I'm sure I look like a good target.

A tiny 25 year old woman may need a gun to protect herself against large adult males that may wish to abduct and rape her.

Just In Case Fallacy
I guess the need for insurance falls under the "just in case fallacy" also.

Forum List

Back