Shoplifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
I keep reading stories of people being fired for stopping black people from shoplifting. I do not understand why Nation wide chains would send the message that if you are black and steal from them nothing will happen.

I keep reading stories of people being fired for stopping black people from shoplifting. I do not understand why Nation wide chains would send the message that if you are black and steal from them nothing will happen.
I think you have it backwards. The message they want to send is that if you're Black you won't be assumed to be a shoplifter.

In CA, theft of less than $900 is not even considered a crime. Chain store employees are often told to ignore it when shoplifting occurs. We have a CVS near us where "youths" come in and grab boxes of condoms and run out the door.

When caught you are caught. Tell a segment of the population you wont be stopped from committing crime is a BAD idea.
Do you regularly get followed around in every store you visit to make sure you aren't putting merchandise in your pockets? Think you would like it?

I think most companies policies are for employees to not confront/stop any shoplifters. No matter the race due to liability issues. Years back when I worked at a big box hardware store as a kid; that was the company policy. Observe, and report. It’s more for the safety of the employee, than it is about letting negros shoplift.

In CA, theft of less than $900 is not even considered a crime. Chain store employees are often told to ignore it when shoplifting occurs. We have a CVS near us where "youths" come in and grab boxes of condoms and run out the door.
Well, if they were going to steal anything, I'm glad it's condoms.

I think you have it backwards. The message they want to send is that if you're Black you won't be assumed to be a shoplifter.
The hostility towards blacks is a necessity for his ilk. They can't do w/o it.

Closed. No links to any of these alleged stories. There is also no Current Event being discussed here. If you're simply wanting to express a general opinion then the General Discussion is more appropriate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back