Shooting in Dublin, automatic weapons and pistols...but...but...gun control?

I am saying criminals in Ireland get guns when they want or need them. Wether they get them is up to the criminal, not the gun control laws.

However, gun control works like a charm on law abiding citizens....they don't have guns even when they need them...criminals....still get them easily...
They can get guns when they want or need them? Are they stupid then? It's much easier to commit a crime if you have a gun. Why are they so dumb?

These criminals certainly had no problem getting their guns......fully automatic rifles..again, as I have said, it seems to be the preferred weapon of European criminals.
They had no problem getting them? Then why don't more criminals there have them? If it's so easy, they have to be total retards to commit a crime with just a knife or their fists.

Not part of their culture.....they were disarmed after World War 1......our culture has a history of gun ownership...they are just now catching up. And of course they also have a culture of gas chambers and mass murder...but that is for another post.
I've always said the best argument for the 2nd amendment in this country is that we're so flooded with guns and obsessed with guns that it is easier for a criminal to get a gun here than anywhere else in the world. So we might as well arm up.

European countries are fortunate to not have gun nuts

Yeah....except for their criminals...they get guns very easy...I have posted article after article by European law enforcement stating how easy it is for criminals to get guns there.....normal people, no way......can't get them even when their lives depend on it.

They can get guns when they want or need them? Are they stupid then? It's much easier to commit a crime if you have a gun. Why are they so dumb?

These criminals certainly had no problem getting their guns......fully automatic rifles..again, as I have said, it seems to be the preferred weapon of European criminals.
They had no problem getting them? Then why don't more criminals there have them? If it's so easy, they have to be total retards to commit a crime with just a knife or their fists.

Not part of their culture.....they were disarmed after World War 1......our culture has a history of gun ownership...they are just now catching up. And of course they also have a culture of gas chambers and mass murder...but that is for another post.
I've always said the best argument for the 2nd amendment in this country is that we're so flooded with guns and obsessed with guns that it is easier for a criminal to get a gun here than anywhere else in the world. So we might as well arm up.

Yeah....except for their criminals...they get guns very easy...I have posted article after article by European law enforcement stating how easy it is for criminals to get guns there.....normal people, no way......can't get them even when their lives depend on it.

Of course normal people can get them as well. They don't, though. Because they have decided to obey the law.

Dumb shit. Regardless of what law you speak of....it only influences the behavior of law abiding citizens.

Continuously.......meaning every fucking day of your miserable life......claiming that a law is pointless because some people break it.....makes you look like an idiot.

No racist pig, I am pointing out that making a law that targets normal gun owners, and takes their guns and does nothing to stop criminals is stupid.

The best way to stop gun criminals...arrest them when they break the law, and arrest felons when they are caught with illegal guns.....and lock them up a long time.

Normal gun owners are not using guns to commit crimes, yet those are the only people you care about when it comes to guns...so our gun crime rate isn't dealt with....

And again...as more normal Americans own and carry guns....our gun crime rate and our gun murder rate has gone down, not up...

Of course normal people can get them as well. They don't, though. Because they have decided to obey the law.

Yeah...you are genius...a racist, but a genius....law abiding people will not break the law with guns.........so we need more laws to make sure they don't have access to guns....

Laws that do nothing to stop the actual criminals who ignore those same laws....you are a fucking genius.

So most european criminals are stupid because it's easy for them to increase their success rate by getting a gun, and they don't realize that even though they can easily get a gun. But european citizens are reeeeeaaaaaaally stupid because even though it's super easy to get a gun, they don't know how? Hmm...

Dumb shit. Regardless of what law you speak of....it only influences the behavior of law abiding citizens.

Continuously.......meaning every fucking day of your miserable life......claiming that a law is pointless because some people break it.....makes you look like an idiot.

No racist pig, I am pointing out that making a law that targets normal gun owners, and takes their guns and does nothing to stop criminals is stupid.

The best way to stop gun criminals...arrest them when they break the law, and arrest felons when they are caught with illegal guns.....and lock them up a long time.

Normal gun owners are not using guns to commit crimes, yet those are the only people you care about when it comes to guns...so our gun crime rate isn't dealt with....

And again...as more normal Americans own and carry guns....our gun crime rate and our gun murder rate has gone down, not up...
The percent of households with guns in this country has severely gone down over the last several decades. But I suppose we could just ignore that.

So most european criminals are stupid because it's easy for them to increase their success rate by getting a gun, and they don't realize that even though they can easily get a gun. But european citizens are reeeeeaaaaaaally stupid because even though it's super easy to get a gun, they don't know how? Hmm...

Culture is a powerful thing.......criminals in Europe use guns...all the time..they just don't murder each other...that seems to be something American criminals do. Gun crime happens all the time in Britain....it is at the same level it was before they confiscated their guns.......

You really think that there are no differences between criminal cultures in these countries?

The percent of households with guns in this country has severely gone down over the last several decades. But I suppose we could just ignore that.

Wrong....there are more guns in more hands in America than ever before..........you should stop paying attention to anti gun propaganda......I know where you got that idea, and it has been disproven over and over again. The General Social Survey is led by an anti gunner....and other surveys dispute it's findings.....

There are now 13 million Americans carrying guns for self defense...and our gun crime rate has gone down, our gun murder rate has gone down......how is that possible?

Culture is a powerful thing.......criminals in Europe use guns...all the time..they just don't murder each other...that seems to be something American criminals do. Gun crime happens all the time in Britain....it is at the same level it was before they confiscated their guns.......

You really think that there are no differences between criminal cultures in these countries?
They don't use them at anywhere near the rates criminals here do. Because.... shocker... it's harder for them to get guns. Our criminals use guns in crimes 5 - 10 times more depending on what developed country you're comparing to us. Because... another shocker..... we are completely flooded with guns.

Virginia passed a law last year allowing people to carry concealed guns into bars. You nuts bitched and moaned that there would be more violence and death as a result.....and do you know what happened...? Violence in Virginia bars went down 5.2%......

More people carrying guns has lowered our crime rate.....how is that possible?

Wrong....there are more guns in more hands in America than ever before..........you should stop paying attention to anti gun propaganda......I know where you got that idea, and it has been disproven over and over again. The General Social Survey is led by an anti gunner....and other surveys dispute it's findings.....

There are now 13 million Americans carrying guns for self defense...and our gun crime rate has gone down, our gun murder rate has gone down......how is that possible?
The percentage of Americans carrying guns has greatly decreased. Your stat is stupid, as it will always be parallel with our total population.

They don't use them at anywhere near the rates criminals here do. Because.... shocker... it's harder for them to get guns. Our criminals use guns in crimes 5 - 10 times more depending on what developed country you're comparing to us. Because... another shocker..... we are completely flooded with guns.

Wrong....Britain is 2x as violent, has the same level of gun crime as they did before the gun confiscation and have fewer murders over all, not just gun murders.....so gun control has nothing to do with their gun murder rate......

They just don't murder as often...our criminals are younger and have less leadership....they are apparently inflamed by facebook posts and exact revenge on each other more often...over slights.....

In Japan.....they don't allow their minions to do that....making money is the most important thing...look it up...

Virginia passed a law last year allowing people to carry concealed guns into bars. You nuts bitched and moaned that there would be more violence and death as a result.....and do you know what happened...? Violence in Virginia bars went down 5.2%......

1 year and 5%, not exactly a bulletproof argument. And I doubt if there is more than 1 or 2 cases of someone in a bar stopping a crime with their gun. If any.

Wrong....Britain is 2x as violent, has the same level of gun crime as they did before the gun confiscation and have fewer murders over all, not just gun murders.....so gun control has nothing to do with their gun murder rate......

They just don't murder as often...our criminals are younger and have less leadership....they are apparently inflamed by facebook posts and exact revenge on each other more often...over slights.....

In Japan.....they don't allow their minions to do that....making money is the most important thing...look it up...

Britain is twice as violent and has 1/5 the homicide rate... hmm... what factor is different between us? Hmm...

The percentage of Americans carrying guns has greatly decreased. Your stat is stupid, as it will always be parallel with our total population.

Wrong again......in 2013 there were 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense, now there are 13 million people carrying with the growing sectors women and minoritites......

You can't dispute the stat but calling it stupid seems to work for you....see...whenever a lefty, ant gun nutjob like you looses a debate you resort to being a child.....good for you.....I know you can't help it...your brain lacks the ability to process the truth, facts and reality...as well as the difference between right and wrong and good and evil...you can't help it...you were born that way...

1 year and 5%, not exactly a bulletproof argument. And I doubt if there is more than 1 or 2 cases of someone in a bar stopping a crime with their gun. If any.

Here you go...some facts....perhaps your child like mind will finally comprehend them....

Allowing guns into bars has ‘surprising’ result

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.

But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.

According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.

In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didn’t serve alcohol – thus unrelated to the new law – and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.

“The numbers basically just confirm what we’ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,” Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. “Keep in mind what the other side was saying – that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.”

Read more at Allowing guns into bars has ‘surprising’ result

More.....actual research by Richmond Times-Dispatch

Gun crimes drop at Virginia bars and restaurants

The number of major crimes involving firearms at bars and restaurants statewide declined 5.2 percent from July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2011, compared with the fiscal year before the law went into effect, according to crime data compiled by Virginia State Police at the newspaper's request.

--------------------------

At The Times-Dispatch's request, state police pulled from their computerized database all major crimes at bars and restaurants reported by local law-enforcement agencies across Virginia for two successive fiscal years. The Times-Dispatch then contacted more than a dozen police departments in Virginia for more detailed information on all aggravated assaults, homicides and sexual assaults involving firearms at those businesses.

Reported robberies were not analyzed because they tend to involve premeditated crimes by perpetrators openly displaying guns, and many of the affected businesses are chain restaurants that don't serve alcohol.

Only two fatal shootings occurred during the last fiscal year — one outside a Petersburg nightclub and the other at a Radford restaurant — but neither involved concealed-gun permit holders. And only two of the 18 aggravated assaults reported could be linked definitively to concealed-carry holders.

Several other cases appear to have involved hidden guns, but the suspects either didn't have a concealed permit, or they fled the scene before they could be identified and arrested.

One of the few unambiguous cases of a concealed-gun permit holder breaking the law occurred on July 28, 2010 — 27 days after the law became active — at a deli in York County. In that case, a patron who had been drinking heavily with a gun concealed in his pocket allegedly sexually harassed a female waitress and, at one point, placed his hand over his hidden gun so the waitress could see its outline.

After making a comment the waitress construed as a threat, the man left but was stopped a short time later by police. They recovered a .380-caliber pistol from his pants pocket and charged him with driving under the influence, brandishing a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon.

He was charged with the latter offense — even though he had a permit to carry the gun — because he had been drinking in the deli while in possession of a concealed firearm. The law forbids concealed-gun permit holders to drink alcohol while they are inside bars and restaurants with guns hidden from view. Patrons who legally carry firearms openly into bars and restaurants can drink freely.

Authorities confiscated the man's concealed-gun permit, but the brandishing and concealed weapon charges were eventually withdrawn by prosecutors. He was convicted of driving while drunk.

In another case closer to home, a Hopewell man with a concealed-carry permit was arrested in June after police said he brandished a gun in the parking lot of a chain restaurant after a verbal dispute escalated into a fight among several patrons. No shots were fired, but punches were thrown.

Although the man pulled a concealed weapon during the fight, the new law didn't really apply because the restaurant where the incident occurred doesn't serve alcohol. The man was convicted last month of brandishing the gun — which he appealed — and a malicious-wounding charge was certified to a Hopewell grand jury.

Aside from the two homicides, the only assault that resulted in a person being shot occurred in February outside a Virginia Beach restaurant and bar. The shooting followed an altercation inside the restaurant. Several unknown men were asked to leave, and the victim was shot and wounded as he walked toward a male in an adjacent parking lot, police said.
But because the suspect was never identified and arrested, police don't know whether the shooter was carrying a concealed gun or whether he had a permit to carry it.

Wrong again......in 2013 there were 11.1 million people carrying guns for self defense, now there are 13 million people carrying with the growing sectors women and minoritites......

You can't dispute the stat but calling it stupid seems to work for you....see...whenever a lefty, ant gun nutjob like you looses a debate you resort to being a child.....good for you.....I know you can't help it...your brain lacks the ability to process the truth, facts and reality...as well as the difference between right and wrong and good and evil...you can't help it...you were born that way...
In 1973 47% of households had a gun, and 48% of people carried guns. In 2014 those numbers were 31% and 32%. And YOU can't dispute THAT!

Britain is twice as violent and has 1/5 the homicide rate... hmm... what factor is different between us? Hmm...

They don't just murder people for kicks....like our criminals do.

Here you go...some facts....perhaps your child like mind will finally comprehend them....

Allowing guns into bars has ‘surprising’ result

When Virginia passed a law allowing concealed carry in bars and alcohol-serving restaurants beginning July 1 of last year, opponents of the change decried the dangers of mixing guns and alcohol, for fear violent crimes would escalate.

But one year later, the Richmond Times-Dispatch did a study to see if the gloomy prognostications came true.

According to state police records, not only did gun violence in bars and restaurants not increase under the new law, it decreased by 5.2 percent.

In fact, of the 145 reported crimes with guns that occurred in Virginia bars and restaurants in fiscal 2010-11 (compared to 153 incidents in the year before the new law took effect), only two of the aggravated assault cases were related to concealed-carry permit holders. In one incident, the crime took place at a restaurant that didn’t serve alcohol – thus unrelated to the new law – and in the other, the weapon was neither discharged nor withdrawn from its holster.

“The numbers basically just confirm what we’ve said would happen if the General Assembly changed the law,” Philip Van Cleave, president of the pro-gun Virginia Citizens Defense League, told the Times-Dispatch. “Keep in mind what the other side was saying – that this was going to be a blood bath, that restaurants will be dangerous and people will stop going. But there was nothing to base the fear-mongering on.”

Read more at Allowing guns into bars has ‘surprising’ result

More.....actual research by Richmond Times-Dispatch

Gun crimes drop at Virginia bars and restaurants

The number of major crimes involving firearms at bars and restaurants statewide declined 5.2 percent from July 1, 2010, to June 30, 2011, compared with the fiscal year before the law went into effect, according to crime data compiled by Virginia State Police at the newspaper's request.

--------------------------

At The Times-Dispatch's request, state police pulled from their computerized database all major crimes at bars and restaurants reported by local law-enforcement agencies across Virginia for two successive fiscal years. The Times-Dispatch then contacted more than a dozen police departments in Virginia for more detailed information on all aggravated assaults, homicides and sexual assaults involving firearms at those businesses.

Reported robberies were not analyzed because they tend to involve premeditated crimes by perpetrators openly displaying guns, and many of the affected businesses are chain restaurants that don't serve alcohol.

Only two fatal shootings occurred during the last fiscal year — one outside a Petersburg nightclub and the other at a Radford restaurant — but neither involved concealed-gun permit holders. And only two of the 18 aggravated assaults reported could be linked definitively to concealed-carry holders.

Several other cases appear to have involved hidden guns, but the suspects either didn't have a concealed permit, or they fled the scene before they could be identified and arrested.

One of the few unambiguous cases of a concealed-gun permit holder breaking the law occurred on July 28, 2010 — 27 days after the law became active — at a deli in York County. In that case, a patron who had been drinking heavily with a gun concealed in his pocket allegedly sexually harassed a female waitress and, at one point, placed his hand over his hidden gun so the waitress could see its outline.

After making a comment the waitress construed as a threat, the man left but was stopped a short time later by police. They recovered a .380-caliber pistol from his pants pocket and charged him with driving under the influence, brandishing a firearm and carrying a concealed weapon.

He was charged with the latter offense — even though he had a permit to carry the gun — because he had been drinking in the deli while in possession of a concealed firearm. The law forbids concealed-gun permit holders to drink alcohol while they are inside bars and restaurants with guns hidden from view. Patrons who legally carry firearms openly into bars and restaurants can drink freely.

Authorities confiscated the man's concealed-gun permit, but the brandishing and concealed weapon charges were eventually withdrawn by prosecutors. He was convicted of driving while drunk.

In another case closer to home, a Hopewell man with a concealed-carry permit was arrested in June after police said he brandished a gun in the parking lot of a chain restaurant after a verbal dispute escalated into a fight among several patrons. No shots were fired, but punches were thrown.

Although the man pulled a concealed weapon during the fight, the new law didn't really apply because the restaurant where the incident occurred doesn't serve alcohol. The man was convicted last month of brandishing the gun — which he appealed — and a malicious-wounding charge was certified to a Hopewell grand jury.

Aside from the two homicides, the only assault that resulted in a person being shot occurred in February outside a Virginia Beach restaurant and bar. The shooting followed an altercation inside the restaurant. Several unknown men were asked to leave, and the victim was shot and wounded as he walked toward a male in an adjacent parking lot, police said.
But because the suspect was never identified and arrested, police don't know whether the shooter was carrying a concealed gun or whether he had a permit to carry it.
1 year and 5%. You can find increases and decreases like that in several years before this law.

They don't just murder people for kicks....like our criminals do.
Because it's much harder for them to. And... why is that again?

Forum List

Back