Shooting at Florida yoga studio leaves 3 dead, including gunman, several injured

The problem is, you don’t hear about all the times that guns save lives.

You're right. For pretty much the same reason I didn't hear about that herd of unicorns that stampeded through the Loop last week.

Sorry, but that is just factually incorrect. Guns prevent crimes and save lives all the time, and the good that it does far outweighs the bad. Especially in light of the fact that personal protection is only one of the reasons for the second amendment. There are other, more important reasons. So for you to compare that to unicorns is either totally dishonest, or ignorant. Not sure which.

Uh, guy, I was in the Army for 11 years. I have no fear of guns. What I have is a healthy respect for them and a realization most civilians aren't qualified to own them.

First, I’m not a guy. And I’m always amazed when people assume that I am, when I have a feminine screen name, and I usually have feminine avatars. Lol. Secondly, you may not fear guns for yourself, but you do seem to have a fear of the general public having guns... which is what I was talking about. There is an ongoing campaign to get people to fear guns overall, and to want to give up their second amendment right. Make no mistake, someone who wants to disarm you is not your friend.

PTSB? RKBA? I'd google this, but I'd be afraid of the resulting spew of nuttiness.

Please, the government is so terrified of the NRA they would rather have children wheeled out in body bags than do something about it.

RKBA = Right to Keep and Bear Arms. I’m surprised you’ve never heard of that, if you were in the military. And the other acronym was just something I made up, it stands for “Powers That Shouldn’t Be” (as opposed to “powers that be.”)

And this has zero to do with the NRA. That’s another thing people have been indoctrinated into thinking… there always has to be a boogieman or villain, for everyone to blame. That allows the actual villains to continue on, unnoticed.
The bad greatly outweighs the good. Our homicide rate is 4-5X that of countries with strong gun control.

Talk about a misleading, BS statement. There are numerous countries that have high gun ownership and very low homicide rates. In the US, the laws vary depending on the state. And contrary to your ignorant, indoctrinated claim, cities with the highest gun control tend to have the MOST crime. (for example, Baltimore, Chicago, Oakland, etc.) And places where there are more legal gun owners have less crime.

Stop listening to the idiot box and wake up. There is an intentional effort to manipulate the public to fear guns and want to willingly give up their Second Amendment right. And like I said earlier, you who are falling for it are being useful idiots.

Last edited:
think about it . USA has a population of right about 310 million in the 2010 Census and thats not counting illegal aliens . Out of all those people which includes many many misfits and criminals , the insane , the drug addicted , drunks and perverts and suiciders the USA had about 35 thousand gun deaths a year which includes deaths caused in self defense , criminals shot by the Police and home owners stopping assaults . ----------------- i say that gun deaths in the USA is no big deal and gun deaths in the USA are negligible . ---------------- think about it and comment or correct me if i am wrong please .

Well, yeah, you are wrong.. because other countries that limit gun ownership have lots of people, and nowhere near the crime and mayhem we have.

Talk about a misleading, BS statement. There are numerous countries that have high gun ownership and very low homicide rates.

Well, no, there really aren't. Because if you were to "name" them, you'd name "Switzerland"... and um, er, um, er... that would probably be it, and you'd even be wrong there because Switzerland put in a bunch of new gun restrictions after some asshole shot up a local government council a few years ago.

In the US, the laws vary depending on the state. And contrary to your ignorant, indoctrinated claim, cities with the highest gun control tend to have the MOST crime. (for example, Baltimore, Chicago, Oakland, etc.) And places where there are more legal gun owners have less crime.

Again, the problem with this logic, if you would call it that, is that first, it assumes that there is that wide of a difference in the gun laws in Shoot Em Up Florida and Chicago, when there really isn't. Most of the Chicago gun restrictions were rolled back with the McDonald decision. Secondly, local laws are kind of meaningless. In Chicago, a convicted felon shot a police commander AFTER getting a gun from an illegal gun seller who had been cited several times by the ATF for selling guns illegally.

Stop listening to the idiot box and wake up. There is an intentional effort to manipulate the public to fear guns and want to willingly give up their Second Amendment right. And like I said earlier, you who are falling for it are being useful idiots.

Uh, guy, no, there isn't an intentional effort. The reason why we have fear is because we live in a country with cameras and metal detectors and having clear backpacks in our kids schools because we give out so many guns to nuts... That's what has people scared. When I have to walk through three security doors to get to my desk in the morning because the management is afraid of a gun nut shooting up the place, it has nothing to do with the media.

Sorry, but that is just factually incorrect. Guns prevent crimes and save lives all the time, and the good that it does far outweighs the bad. Especially in light of the fact that personal protection is only one of the reasons for the second amendment. There are other, more important reasons. So for you to compare that to unicorns is either totally dishonest, or ignorant. Not sure which.

Um, no, they don't. We have 33,000 gun deaths a year, only 200 of which are civilians using guns in self-defense, usually against an abusive spouse.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

And yes, there is another reason for wanting a gun... the belief you could fight off the government.... when in fact, when the government shoots up a gun nut, their neighbors are usually cheering because they were frightening the children.

First, I’m not a guy. And I’m always amazed when people assume that I am, when I have a feminine screen name, and I usually have feminine avatars. Lol.

I refer to everyone as "Guy", so that's not as big of a deal.

Secondly, you may not fear guns for yourself, but you do seem to have a fear of the general public having guns... which is what I was talking about.

Yes, when the "General Public" includes THESE GUYS...

That's kind of a valid fear. The thing is whenever we catch one of these mass shooters, we find out two things.

upload_2018-11-6_5-6-53.jpeg

1) Everyone in their lives knew they were crazy.
2) They were able to get a gun, usually heavy firepower, without a whole lot of trouble.

There is an ongoing campaign to get people to fear guns overall, and to want to give up their second amendment right. Make no mistake, someone who wants to disarm you is not your friend.

But we aren't talking about disarming me, are we? Frankly, I'd be someone who wouldn't be an issue- 57 years old, white, male, veteran, not a criminal violation more serious than a moving violation. Yet under the right circumstances, anyone can snap, and that's the problem.

The thing is, the mass shooters above, all were able to get guns...

RKBA = Right to Keep and Bear Arms. I’m surprised you’ve never heard of that, if you were in the military. And the other acronym was just something I made up, it stands for “Powers That Shouldn’t Be” (as opposed to “powers that be.”)

Well, no, you see, in the military they teach you a healthy respect for weapons... and you realize that most people shouldn't have them.

No, there is no paranoid conspiracy out there against you... If anything, you nuts who make up 10% of the population have the other 90% of us living in terror, as I've said before with the security guards, metal detectors, survellience cameras, clear back-packs...

And this has zero to do with the NRA. That’s another thing people have been indoctrinated into thinking… there always has to be a boogieman or villain, for everyone to blame. That allows the actual villains to continue on, unnoticed.

Actually, it has a lot to do with the NRA. You see, the NRA used to support common sense gun control, as did the Republican Party.
upload_2018-11-6_5-10-28.jpeg

Then a funny thing happened. People lost interest in hunting as a hobby. Gun sales were starting to droop, until the gun makers decided that their core market was gun nuts who collect a lot of guns because of whatever they are afraid of. And much like the alcohol industry markets to the Drunk instead of the teetotaler or the social drinker, the gun industry markets to the gun nut.

That's when the NRA, which really works for the manufacturers, went kind of nutty and opposed even the most common sense gun laws like assault rifle bans and bans on cop-killer bullets.

You're right. For pretty much the same reason I didn't hear about that herd of unicorns that stampeded through the Loop last week.

Uh, guy, I was in the Army for 11 years. I have no fear of guns. What I have is a healthy respect for them and a realization most civilians aren't qualified to own them.

First, I’m not a guy. And I’m always amazed when people assume that I am, when I have a feminine screen name, and I usually have feminine avatars. Lol. Secondly, you may not fear guns for yourself, but you do seem to have a fear of the general public having guns... which is what I was talking about. There is an ongoing campaign to get people to fear guns overall, and to want to give up their second amendment right. Make no mistake, someone who wants to disarm you is not your friend.

PTSB? RKBA? I'd google this, but I'd be afraid of the resulting spew of nuttiness.

Please, the government is so terrified of the NRA they would rather have children wheeled out in body bags than do something about it.

The bad greatly outweighs the good. Our homicide rate is 4-5X that of countries with strong gun control.

Talk about a misleading, BS statement. There are numerous countries that have high gun ownership and very low homicide rates. In the US, the laws vary depending on the state. And contrary to your ignorant, indoctrinated claim, cities with the highest gun control tend to have the MOST crime. (for example, Baltimore, Chicago, Oakland, etc.) And places where there are more legal gun owners have less crime.

Which countries are those? You will find they also have much stricter gun laws than we do. The Swiss for example have real gun laws. The fact is if guns equal less crime, why is our homicide rate 4-5X that of countries with strong gun control? They also don't have law enforcement shot and killed regularly. They also don't regularly suffer from mass shootings. All of this while we have the highest incarceration rate in the world! So even with the most criminals in jail our homicide rate is 4-5X that of countries with strong gun control.

`
"A gunman opened fire inside a yoga studio in Tallahassee, Florida, on Friday, killing two women and wounding five other people before killing himself, authorities said. Tallahassee police identified the shooter as Scott Paul Beierle, 40.

A total of seven victims were taken to a local hospital, police said. Six suffered from gunshot wounds and one had been pistol-whipped. Two of the victims died, while another two are in stable condition. Three have been released from the hospital.

Tallahassee police identified the victims as Maura Binkley, 21, and Nancy Van Vessem, 61. Florida State University's president issued a statement early Saturday saying Binkley was a student and Vessem a faculty member.

Police believe the gunman acted alone, and Police Chief Michael DeLeo said there is no threat to the community. "There is no immediate threat outside what has already occurred this evening," DeLeo said. The motive is still unknown, police said"
. - Source
`
The shooter - Scott Beierle: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know -
`
`

384014-10150452702509438-428789730-n.jpg
How many Republicans are saying good, I hate yogurt?

think about it . USA has a population of right about 310 million in the 2010 Census and thats not counting illegal aliens . Out of all those people which includes many many misfits and criminals , the insane , the drug addicted , drunks and perverts and suiciders the USA had about 35 thousand gun deaths a year which includes deaths caused in self defense , criminals shot by the Police and home owners stopping assaults . ----------------- i say that gun deaths in the USA is no big deal and gun deaths in the USA are negligible . ---------------- think about it and comment or correct me if i am wrong please .

Well, yeah, you are wrong.. because other countries that limit gun ownership have lots of people, and nowhere near the crime and mayhem we have.
---------------------------------------------- thanks JoeB and they ain't Americans or America . My theory is that the gun deaths within the USA are an ACCEPTABLE Cost of having the FREEDOM to Own , Store , Posses and use guns for many different useful purposes . My point is simply that there is a cost to have the FREEDOM to own guns JoeB .

COP KILLER bullets are simply any pointy hunting bullet of major caliber that is shot from a Rifle . Major caliber is probably .220 centerfire and up . These hunting cartridges have been standard since the late 1800s , probably 1880s . Get rid of the so called 'cop killer' bullets and everything is gone .

-------------------------------- and they don't have American Style FREEDOM to own guns like Americans have JoeB .

250,000 people a year die from medical mistakes. Why aren’t you concerned about that?

Actually, the number is closer to 98,000, but here's the thing. We are making strives every day to reduce the number of mistakes. We have whole divisions at the medical establishment dedicated to quality control.

The Gun Nuts.. meh, they want to keep flooding more guns into the streets and then wonder why guys like this have guns and kill people.

And as more Americans own and carry guns our gun crime and violent crime have gone down, not up....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.
Those all went down right after we got background checks.

You still haven't explained how criminals who use straw buyers to get guns, and steal their guns are stopped by background checks.

Meanwhile, since your entire argument for gun control is that if more Americans own and carry guns, our gun crime rates will go up.....is proven wrong, false and a lie by actual experience as more Americans own and carry guns and all the gun crime rates go down...you have nothing but emotion and lies....

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to keep from being raped, robbed and murdered..... criminals use their guns, which they get illegally, to murder each other at the rate of 10,982 in 2017.....70-80% of those murder victims were criminals, and the bulk of the rest the friends and family of those criminals.....

1,100,000 vs. 10,982 criminals..... can you tell which number is bigger....

And again, as more Americans own and carry guns our gun murder rate went down 49%.... so you are wrong again....

The good outweighs the bad.....more lives are saved, more lives are kept from being destroyed when more good people own and carry guns.

Errr, do we republicans need to start posting each and every time a murderer is a democrat?

This site is going to get pretty boring, real fast. And a lot of work for us republicans.

Only when its known. There is a huge problem with white mass male shooters. Most of our crime is home grown.

Most of you assume criminals are all democratic.

1. There is not a huge problem with white male shooters.

2. Most of us, do not assume all criminals are democratic.

3. What is your point with "most of our crime is home grown"?
It’s been pointed out before on this site many times that 3/4 of those dead from terrorist’s attacks in this country are from right wing white terrorists. Those are homegrown.

Errr, do we republicans need to start posting each and every time a murderer is a democrat?

This site is going to get pretty boring, real fast. And a lot of work for us republicans.

Only when its known. There is a huge problem with white mass male shooters. Most of our crime is home grown.

Most of you assume criminals are all democratic.

1. There is not a huge problem with white male shooters.

2. Most of us, do not assume all criminals are democratic.

3. What is your point with "most of our crime is home grown"?
It’s been pointed out before on this site many times that 3/4 of those dead from terrorist’s attacks in this country are from right wing white terrorists. Those are homegrown.

No, not Right wing, left wing, the synagogue shooter was a left wing socialist...he hated Israel, the conservatives in this country support Israel and Trump.....the guy hated Trump too...he has nothing in common with Conservatives, Trump or Republicans...

`
"A gunman opened fire inside a yoga studio in Tallahassee, Florida, on Friday, killing two women and wounding five other people before killing himself, authorities said. Tallahassee police identified the shooter as Scott Paul Beierle, 40.

A total of seven victims were taken to a local hospital, police said. Six suffered from gunshot wounds and one had been pistol-whipped. Two of the victims died, while another two are in stable condition. Three have been released from the hospital.

Tallahassee police identified the victims as Maura Binkley, 21, and Nancy Van Vessem, 61. Florida State University's president issued a statement early Saturday saying Binkley was a student and Vessem a faculty member.

Police believe the gunman acted alone, and Police Chief Michael DeLeo said there is no threat to the community. "There is no immediate threat outside what has already occurred this evening," DeLeo said. The motive is still unknown, police said"
. - Source
`
The shooter - Scott Beierle: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know -
`
`

384014-10150452702509438-428789730-n.jpg

Another gun free zone.....too bad for them.
Funny how no killer ever got their gun in a gun free zone. The failure is outside of the zone.

You need to stop taking your meds with booze..... that post makes no sense...

It is their culture, not their gun control laws...since Britain had a low gun murder rate before they banned guns, and it went up after they banned and confiscated guns, then, after 10 years, returned to the same level it was at before they banned guns...meanwhile, gun crime in London is up 42%, on an island that banned and confiscated guns....

Their gun control laws didn't reduce their gun crime rates...their criminals are brutal, but do not cross the line into murder, even with their illegal guns...

Um, no, they don't. We have 33,000 gun deaths a year, only 200 of which are civilians using guns in self-defense, usually against an abusive spouse.

A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a household member than a bad guy.

And yes, there is another reason for wanting a gun... the belief you could fight off the government.... when in fact, when the government shoots up a gun nut, their neighbors are usually cheering because they were frightening the children.

First, I’m not a guy. And I’m always amazed when people assume that I am, when I have a feminine screen name, and I usually have feminine avatars. Lol.

I refer to everyone as "Guy", so that's not as big of a deal.

Secondly, you may not fear guns for yourself, but you do seem to have a fear of the general public having guns... which is what I was talking about.

Yes, when the "General Public" includes THESE GUYS...

That's kind of a valid fear. The thing is whenever we catch one of these mass shooters, we find out two things.

View attachment 227086

1) Everyone in their lives knew they were crazy.
2) They were able to get a gun, usually heavy firepower, without a whole lot of trouble.

There is an ongoing campaign to get people to fear guns overall, and to want to give up their second amendment right. Make no mistake, someone who wants to disarm you is not your friend.

But we aren't talking about disarming me, are we? Frankly, I'd be someone who wouldn't be an issue- 57 years old, white, male, veteran, not a criminal violation more serious than a moving violation. Yet under the right circumstances, anyone can snap, and that's the problem.

The thing is, the mass shooters above, all were able to get guns...

Well, no, you see, in the military they teach you a healthy respect for weapons... and you realize that most people shouldn't have them.

No, there is no paranoid conspiracy out there against you... If anything, you nuts who make up 10% of the population have the other 90% of us living in terror, as I've said before with the security guards, metal detectors, survellience cameras, clear back-packs...

Actually, it has a lot to do with the NRA. You see, the NRA used to support common sense gun control, as did the Republican Party.
View attachment 227087
Then a funny thing happened. People lost interest in hunting as a hobby. Gun sales were starting to droop, until the gun makers decided that their core market was gun nuts who collect a lot of guns because of whatever they are afraid of. And much like the alcohol industry markets to the Drunk instead of the teetotaler or the social drinker, the gun industry markets to the gun nut.

That's when the NRA, which really works for the manufacturers, went kind of nutty and opposed even the most common sense gun laws like assault rifle bans and bans on cop-killer bullets.

You have lied in just about every statement in that post....

Of the gun deaths in this country over 22,000 are suicides, 495 were accidental gun deaths in 2016, and in 2017 there were 10,982 gun murders, of which 70-80% of the victims were criminals, not normal people.....out of a country of over 320 million people.

No, you are not 43 times more likely to die from your own gun, you have been shown over and over that the guy who did that study had to change the number to 2.7 when his research was shown to be fake, and even that 2.7 is based on biased data, focusing on criminals, and with no control groups....

Americans use their legal guns 1,100,000 times on average each year to stop rapes, robberies and murders including mass public shootings, according to the CDC, and they are only one of 13 or more studies that show the number of defensive gun uses that high....

You lie, you omit information...you are a vile human being.

Which countries are those? You will find they also have much stricter gun laws than we do. The Swiss for example have real gun laws. The fact is if guns equal less crime, why is our homicide rate 4-5X that of countries with strong gun control? They also don't have law enforcement shot and killed regularly. They also don't regularly suffer from mass shootings. All of this while we have the highest incarceration rate in the world! So even with the most criminals in jail our homicide rate is 4-5X that of countries with strong gun control.

No...they don't....Switzerland has fully automatic military rifles in most homes...and lower crime rates than many of the other European countries..

Britain banned and confiscated guns....and their gun crime rates keep going up, on an island..

Our gun crime rates went down 75% as more Americans bought, own and carry their guns...

You are wrong...

Our murder rates of all types are higher...because our social welfare state destroyed the families in our democrat party controlled cities....Europe is now experiencing this same thing, since they fell behind because of the destruction caused by World War 1 and 2.....but now their violence rates are sky rocketing as their social welfare systems destroy their families, as they import violent 3rd world males and they cut their police forces and undermine them for politically correct policies....

You don't know what you are talking about.

Our incarceration rate doesn't matter when democrat party judges and prosecutors let known, repeat, violent gun offenders out of jail over and over again...in our democrat party controlled cities....like Chicago, D.C. Baltimore, St. Lous.....

Forum List

Back