Armed bystander confronts stabbing suspect at Seattle Center

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
Again, this is a people problem not a "gun" problem. Also I noticed they named the concealed pistol license (CPL) holder in the story but not the violent asshole

Woman stabbed in front of 4-year-old son at Seattle Center, boy's father arrested

A woman in her 30s was in critical condition following a stabbing at the Seattle Center on Friday evening.

The woman was stabbed several times, Seattle Police said, at the MOD Pizza inside The Armory, which houses restaurants, the Seattle Children's Museum and hosts plays by the Seattle Shakespeare theater company.

Police said a suspect is in custody and the woman was taken to Harborview Hospital with life-threatening injuries. A Harborview spokesperson, Susan Gregg, said the woman is in critical condition. A second person was taken to Harborview in stable condition. It's unclear how that person was hurt.

Right after the stabbing, the suspect left the building. A bystander with a concealed-carry permit pulled his gun on the suspect. Another witness recorded the confrontation.

Again, this is a people problem not a "gun" problem. Also I noticed they named the concealed pistol license (CPL) holder in the story but not the violent asshole

Woman stabbed in front of 4-year-old son at Seattle Center, boy's father arrested

A woman in her 30s was in critical condition following a stabbing at the Seattle Center on Friday evening.

The woman was stabbed several times, Seattle Police said, at the MOD Pizza inside The Armory, which houses restaurants, the Seattle Children's Museum and hosts plays by the Seattle Shakespeare theater company.

Police said a suspect is in custody and the woman was taken to Harborview Hospital with life-threatening injuries. A Harborview spokesperson, Susan Gregg, said the woman is in critical condition. A second person was taken to Harborview in stable condition. It's unclear how that person was hurt.

Right after the stabbing, the suspect left the building. A bystander with a concealed-carry permit pulled his gun on the suspect. Another witness recorded the confrontation.

They gave his name. "The suspect, David Lee Morris, was booked into the King County Jail on for investigation of domestic violence homicide."

The guy with the gun showed a lot of restraint.

All those people should have beat the guys ass and disarmed him. I cant figure out why the guy pulled the gun. It obviously didnt scare the guy.

They gave his name. "The suspect, David Lee Morris, was booked into the King County Jail on for investigation of domestic violence homicide."

They must have updated the story then, thank you.

The CPL holder did show a lot of restraint, in a very good way in my opinion. He refused to allow the pos to use him to take the easy way out.

All those people should have beat the guys ass and disarmed him. I cant figure out why the guy pulled the gun. It obviously didnt scare the guy.
Apparently it was a collaborative effort - there wasn't a lot of fight left in him once he got pepper-sprayed :)

They must have updated the story then, thank you.

The CPL holder did show a lot of restraint, in a very good way in my opinion. He refused to allow the pos to use him to take the easy way out.

He would have been perfectly justified in shooting, and I don't know if I could have showed such restraint, but I tend to agree with you. I'm a bit less concerned about the guy getting "the easy way out" as the possibility of a bystander getting hurt. There were plenty of people along the sides of the road who might have been accidentally hit by a ricochet.

A Suppressed Meaning of "Being Necessary to the Security of a Free State"

What kind of emasculating brainwashing led the bystander to not want to shoot this subhuman scumbag? Gunowners have a duty to prevent future victims by terminating the enemies of society. This one selfishly refused to shoot as long as he himself couldn't be hurt.

What kind of emasculating brainwashing led the bystander to not want to shoot this subhuman scumbag? Gunowners have a duty to prevent future victims by terminating the enemies of society. This one selfishly refused to shoot as long as he himself couldn't be hurt.
Its not masculine to shoot someone. Its way more masculine to subdue someone with your bare hands.

Its not masculine to shoot someone. Its way more masculine to subdue someone with your bare hands.
I’m sure the thousands of black guys shooting one another and innocent bystanders on the streets of every black hood in America will be thrilled to know they’re just girly tough guys. Sounds like a huge dis to me so watch out as a good hood dis usually brings out the gunfire.

Ignorant nonsense.

Citizens have the fundamental right to carry concealed firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense – not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement,’ not to ‘fight crime,’ and not to ‘deter tyranny.’

Gunowners have no ‘duty’ kill criminal suspects who do not pose an immediate threat to the gunowner himself, to do so would be a criminal act by the gunowner.

I’m sure the thousands of black guys shooting one another and innocent bystanders on the streets of every black hood in America will be thrilled to know they’re just girly tough guys. Sounds like a huge dis to me so watch out as a good hood dis usually brings out the gunfire.
I'm guessing the thousands of white disenfranchised conservative white males feel the same. I dont have to watch out for either group though. They know who they can mess with and who they cant.

Ignorant nonsense.

Citizens have the fundamental right to carry concealed firearms pursuant to lawful self-defense – not to act in the capacity of ‘law enforcement,’ not to ‘fight crime,’ and not to ‘deter tyranny.’

Gunowners have no ‘duty’ kill criminal suspects who do not pose an immediate threat to the gunowner himself, to do so would be a criminal act by the gunowner.
I was wondering as I watched the video if he could get in trouble for brandishing a firearm. Unless the guy was attacking him or someone else did he have a right to pull the weapon?

Ignorant nonsense.

I was wondering as I watched the video if he could get in trouble for brandishing a firearm. Unless the guy was attacking him or someone else did he have a right to pull the weapon?

The guy was attacking someone else, and then was threatening the man with the gun.

It would take a real piece of shit to even think of charging him.

As this is liberal city Seattle, there is a real chance of that. I wish him well.

“A bystander with a concealed-carry permit pulled his gun on the suspect.”

Whereby the ignorant concealed license holder could be charged with brandishing and assault with a deadly weapon because the suspect did not pose an immediate threat to the license holder.

It’s incumbent upon a gunowner to know and understand the laws of his state and local jurisdiction, to act in a responsible manner with his concealed firearm, and to understand that he may use his firearm only for that of self-defense of himself and those in his company – not to detain criminal suspects.

Apparently it was a collaborative effort - there wasn't a lot of fight left in him once he got pepper-sprayed :)
“…there wasn't a lot of fight left in him once he got pepper-sprayed”

Which would indicate that the suspect was subdued with a non-lethal weapon, not a gun.

Because the license holder is an ignorant idiot.

“A bystander with a concealed-carry permit pulled his gun on the suspect.”

Whereby the ignorant concealed license holder could be charged with brandishing and assault with a deadly weapon because the suspect did not pose an immediate threat to the license holder.

It’s incumbent upon a gunowner to know and understand the laws of his state and local jurisdiction, to act in a responsible manner with his concealed firearm, and to understand that he may use his firearm only for that of self-defense of himself and those in his company – not to detain criminal suspects.

Sure. Just let the man stab a woman in front of her 4 year old son.

That might be the society you want. It is not the society I want.

Ignorant nonsense.

The guy was attacking someone else, and then was threatening the man with the gun.

As this is liberal city Seattle, there is a real chance of that. I wish him well.
He didnt threaten the man with gun. He simply asked him to shoot when the guy confronted him with the gun.

You think someone charging the guy with the knife is a piece of shit? What kind of confused wussy are you?

Ignorant nonsense.

He didnt threaten the man with gun. He simply asked him to shoot when the guy confronted him with the gun.

You think someone charging the guy with the knife is a piece of shit? What kind of confused wussy are you?

Sure. He was just walking towards the guy with the bloody knife in his hand. I'm sure he meant no harm...

Charging him WITH A CRIME AS clayton suggested, moron.

Ignorant nonsense.

Sure. He was just walking towards the guy with the bloody knife in his hand. I'm sure he meant no harm...

Charging him WITH A CRIME AS clayton suggested, moron.
Hey stupid. He didnt start walking toward the guy until the guy pulled a gun on him. How fucking stupid can you be?

Forum List

Back