Shoot Me Down Like Michael Brown (video)

Yes it was...in the video...multiple times.

Ah, watched again and caught it. So the officer had a valid reason to pull him over (whether you agree with seat belt laws or not) At which point it becomes this driver flying off the handle.

So what do you expect the officer to do in this situation? He's made a valid stop and this guy is totally freaked out over it. The officer should have just got in his car and let the driver rant and rage? Should have let the driver go because the driver's got a chip on his shoulder? What?

The man was pulled over for not wearing his seatbelt.

It is against the law to get out of tour car during a traffic stop.

I think the negro was high on drugs

WOW.

That officer showed EXTREME restraint. That idiot should've been tazed way before it came to all that.

Im sure its the white cop's fault somehow though.

The guy's driving was fine, the officer decided to manhandle him! What restraint? The officer wanted to write some tickets(.) What did the young man but argue about being pulled over for -0-? What happened to HIS first Amendment rights, he obviously posed no danger.
He didn't pull him over for his driving which shows you didn't watch the video. You just reactionary posted like everyone else in forum threads.

Bullshit.

It didn't look to me like he even pulled him over. I never heard sirens. I never saw flashing lights or their reflection. And a seat belt infraction is not enough to justify the gestapo bullshit.
I don't agree with seat belt laws, but they are the law, so it wasn't "gestapo", it was merely an officer enforcing a crappy law. Followed with an idiotic reaction by the guy being pulled over.
I have a friend that refuses to wear a seat belt, she gets about 3 tickets a year for that. She doesn't act the fool to the officer that pulls her over for it. Instead, she takes it to a jury trial every time. She has the money and time for a court challenge. Police don't show up in court to testify for a seat belt violation so she always gets acquitted.

Ah, watched again and caught it. So the officer had a valid reason to pull him over (whether you agree with seat belt laws or not) At which point it becomes this driver flying off the handle.

So what do you expect the officer to do in this situation? He's made a valid stop and this guy is totally freaked out over it. The officer should have just got in his car and let the driver rant and rage? Should have let the driver go because the driver's got a chip on his shoulder? What?

Aren't you just as sweet as can be?

Yes, the cop had the 'valid' reason of pulling the guy over for not wearing a seatbelt. Though if this is truly a safety issue, then why did that cop run the stop sign in order to pull him over? Oh, that's right; different standards and rights for cops.

Everything this cop did was in the spirit of trolling and baiting NOT serve and protect.

Thats not the way to act when you get pulled over

All the cop had to do was tell him why he was pulled over and to get back in the car per instruction. Mr. wannabe We Have A Failure To Communicate, refused to answer a simple question. It escalated because of that. period.

I have been pulled over before...not knowing I was being pulled over. I got out of my car, too. I was never told to get back in, either. Then again, I ain't black.

I've been pulled over and told to stay in the car. This is SOP for cops. The guy should have sat in his car and waited and everything would have been just fine. Once the cop told him to get back in, his failure to comply made him an aggressor and a possible threat.

I have been pulled over before...not knowing I was being pulled over. I got out of my car, too. I was never told to get back in, either. Then again, I ain't black.

I've been pulled over and told to stay in the car. This is SOP for cops. The guy should have sat in his car and waited and everything would have been just fine. Once the cop told him to get back in, his failure to comply made him an aggressor and a possible threat.

And at that point it doesn't matter if the stop was justified or not. Once stopped, you comply.

All the cop had to do was tell him why he was pulled over and to get back in the car per instruction. Mr. wannabe We Have A Failure To Communicate, refused to answer a simple question. It escalated because of that. period.
Thats not the way the law works.

How many questions should this guy be able to ask before he should get back in his car?

A simple question answered. Period. He got out of his car and Leslie Jordan Wannabe has a cow. It could have been handled better.

I guess I agree with this. But, I keep remembering getting out of my car and the cop was behind me and I didn't even know it. No lights on, either. I just got out to go in the store. When I looked behind me, there he was. He did not tell me to get back in my car. I asked "sup?" and he said "no seat belt, lady". No mention to get back in the car. None. Then again, like I said..I ain't black.

A simple question answered. Period. He got out of his car and Leslie Jordan Wannabe has a cow. It could have been handled better.

Gracie, his failure to get back into his vehicle made him the aggressor. The cop's job is to maintain control of any situation and that's why they always tell you to stay in your car. For all the cop knew the guy could be an MMA fighter capable of taking him down in half a second.

I guess I agree with this. But, I keep remembering getting out of my car and the cop was behind me and I didn't even know it. No lights on, either. I just got out to go in the store. When I looked behind me, there he was. He did not tell me to get back in my car. I asked "sup?" and he said "no seat belt, lady". No mention to get back in the car. None. Then again, like I said..I ain't black.

Nothing to do with black, Gracie. You are a woman so you pose less of a threat.

What if the car had five people in it and all five people got out to ask a question?

Gracie, his failure to get back into his vehicle made him the aggressor. The cop's job is to maintain control of any situation and that's why they always tell you to stay in your car. For all the cop knew the guy could be an MMA fighter capable of taking him down in half a second.
lol. Pipsqueak had to wait forever for backup. He should have known by then the guy wasn't going to hurt him. He could have, easily.

Nothing to do with black, Gracie. You are a woman so you pose less of a threat.
Cop probably could see she is old and a bit senile and felt sorry for her.

Bet she didn't get a ticket either

Forum List

Back