Shocking no one, Mitt Romney is a dick to our troops

Is there really anyone who thinks that the military supports the President over Romney?

us-obama-in-afghanistan.jpg
Obama-with-Troops.gif
shaking-hands_1380581i.jpg

Now lets look at the Republican Party Leadership:

republican_leadership.jpg
republican_convention_2012_09.jpg

Just so I understand. All these diverse soldiers are going to vote for the "white" party? That seems to defy common sense.

Wouldn't it had been hilarious if Republicans required all those white people wear white? What a "statement"!

white-party.jpg

rdean, ya done hit it on the head once again.

I watch the audience when the president is speaking and its always the same.

Back when I was a teenager, JFK spoke at the Air Force Academy. I was there and within just a couple feet of him. I didn't get to shake his hand but the crowds for JFK were like what we see with President Obama.

He is authentic and we instinctively know that. And, if we don't FEEL it, we have seen it in the way he has led our country. We know that he doesn't want our military to be killed and instead has taken out our enemies with 21st century technology. Contrast that with idiot R wanting bigger military and more money going to the overlords.

In spite of the obstruction and filibustering, he has managed to accomplish some great things (rw's, see my sig for links to FACTS).

The pubs and pots could win this. They are busy stealing and buying votes. I truly dread the DEPRESSION they have planned for us.

rdean, ya done hit it on the head once again.

I watch the audience when the president is speaking and its always the same.

Back when I was a teenager, JFK spoke at the Air Force Academy. I was there and within just a couple feet of him. I didn't get to shake his hand but the crowds for JFK were like what we see with President Obama.

He is authentic and we instinctively know that. And, if we don't FEEL it, we have seen it in the way he has led our country. We know that he doesn't want our military to be killed and instead has taken out our enemies with 21st century technology. Contrast that with idiot R wanting bigger military and more money going to the overlords.

In spite of the obstruction and filibustering, he has managed to accomplish some great things (rw's, see my sig for links to FACTS).

The pubs and pots could win this. They are busy stealing and buying votes. I truly dread the DEPRESSION they have planned for us.

lol, man crush?

this thread is silly, it came from the DAILYKOS for crying out loud, VULGAR language and ALL

Asked by a friendly news outlet why he didn't bother praising our troops in his speech, Romney responded:

When you give a speech you don't go through a laundry list, you talk about the things you think are important.
Wrong answer. You thank the fucking troops. They are not a laundry list. And while Romney might not think they are important, they kind of are.

Romney then goes on to claim that he talked about a "strong military", which was totally the same as thanking the troops for their service. Except that it's not. One of them speaks to the institution, the other speaks to the individuals who do the work of the institution. It's the same distinction as corporations and the people who work for them -- a distinction that Romney famously fails to understand.

Romney unapologetic about not mentioning troops in acceptance speech - YouTube

Just wow.

Even with the "softball" and leading question from FOX..he still screws the pooch.

I don't get how he's a serious candidate.

It must really be hard for McCain to support this guy.

lol, now they have to keep a scorecard to how many time the troops were thanked?

Isn't Obama the friggen President and that's HIS JOB?

Obamabots are like children

Asked by a friendly news outlet why he didn't bother praising our troops in his speech, Romney responded:

When you give a speech you don't go through a laundry list, you talk about the things you think are important.
Wrong answer. You thank the fucking troops. They are not a laundry list. And while Romney might not think they are important, they kind of are.

Romney then goes on to claim that he talked about a "strong military", which was totally the same as thanking the troops for their service. Except that it's not. One of them speaks to the institution, the other speaks to the individuals who do the work of the institution. It's the same distinction as corporations and the people who work for them -- a distinction that Romney famously fails to understand.

]

Well, when you have a guy who thinks that working on his campaign is more important than serving in the military, and that's why it's cool none of his five sons signed up for the war he supported....

I should point out that as much as you might want to criticize McCain and Palin, both of them had sons who went to Iraq or Afghanistan. They raised their kids right and put their money where their mouths were.

Just wow.

Even with the "softball" and leading question from FOX..he still screws the pooch.

He's a serious candidate because unemployment is at 8.1%.

Period.

He's be a joke under other circumstances... and you kind of got the feeling that he's still just out there to be the sacrificial lamb because the GOP doesn't want to win the presidency right now.

Just wow.

Period.

He's be a joke under other circumstances... and you kind of got the feeling that he's still just out there to be the sacrificial lamb because the GOP doesn't want to win the presidency right now.

With out a doubt . The right would not touch mittens with a ten foot pole now he

is freaking Ronald Reagan lol .

Just wow.

Period.

whatever dude, but the joke is your President and you all are stuck voting for him
I'd be very worried

Did you read mine? You're links talk about a bunch of stuff he hasn't done while mine talks about stuff he HAS.

I've been retired since 2003 when George W Bush was President and I recall a lot of talk about increasing our Tricare costs shares back then too. It was Republicans suggesting the increases.

Do you know what Tricare Prime costs? It's just over $500 a year. The proposed increase? $200 a year....$16 dollars more a month.

That’s why the Joint Chiefs and senior enlisted military leaders support the proposal, as well as quite a few Republicans. Senator Lindsey Graham said, “It’s hard to ask those who’ve done the most to secure our freedom to give more, but I’m willing to do it,” noting that “if we don’t do something in terms of health care growth and entitlement retiree benefits, you’re going to compete the retired force with operational needs and that’s just not where we want to go. Senator John McCain also supported similar cost-saving changes to TRICARE, noting that “national health care costs have risen significantly.”[...]

• President Obama boosted the Veterans Affairs budget to ensure veterans receive timely access to necessary benefits and services they’ve earned. By signing the Veterans Health Care Budget Reform and Transparency Act, the President secured funding for veterans’ medical care a year in advance so that the VA can operate with sufficient and predictable funding. His policies will help make sure that over 500,000 veterans who were previously denied care will be eligible for VA health care by 2013. Looking forward, President Obama has also requested a 10.5% increase in funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs in his budget for 2013.
  • The President also put in place and improved the most generous educational benefit for veterans since the original G.I. Bill of 1944. The maximum benefit under this bill will allow veterans, service members, Reservists and National Guard members to receive an in-state, undergraduate education at a public institution at no cost.
  • Under the VOW to Hire Heroes Act signed by President Obama, businesses will receive a maximum $9,600 tax credit for hiring veterans with service connected disabilities who have been unemployed for six months or longer. The President has also proposed a Veterans Jobs Corp to put up to 20,000 veterans back to work over the next five years and has challenged businesses to hire or train 100,000 unemployed veterans or their spouses by the end of 2013.

Romney is wrong to claim that President Obama plans cuts to health care for military retirees

Candidate Romney, on the other hand, has proposed privatizing Military Health Care. Talk about a fucking increase...

Just wow.

Period.

whatever dude, but the joke is your President and you all are stuck voting for him
I'd be very worried

Not my president, I didn't vote for him last time.

But when you assholes nominated the Weird Mormon Robot, you kind of took away my choices.

Period.

I'd be very worried

But when you assholes nominated the Weird Mormon Robot, you kind of took away my choices.

oh you have a choice...write in Donald Duck, nobody cares

I'd be very worried

oh you have a choice...write in Donald Duck, nobody cares

No, there is only one choice..

Either let the EVIL Mormon cult take over my country, or vote for a well-meaning boob who has done a mediocre job.

The choices suck, but those are the choices we have.

Period.

I'd be very worried

The President is the President of every American whether you voted for him or not.

Forum List

Back