Shiva (Dark Phoenix): Anthropology for Dummies

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a mock dialogue between Shiva (Hindu god of destruction) and Dark Phoenix (the Marvel Comics devastating female supervillainess and mutant of uncontrolled rage and energy) about Barbie-doll cynicism (as it relates to a consumerism-centric historianship).

Should we think of 'TrumpUSA' as a "citizen's bank"?

barbie.jpg

====

SHIVA: Every little girl wants a Barbie-doll.
DARK PHOENIX: In the film La Dolce Vita, a movie starlet takes a dive in an idyllic ancient fountain in Rome.
SHIVA: The images of women in fancy and frolic represent a fascination with vitality and freedom.
DARK PHOENIX: Women want to be led, not dominated...
SHIVA: Boys play with toy-soldiers, and girls like pretty ballerinas!
DARK PHOENIX: Women are not 'hypnotized' by men grandstanding with chess tournaments...
SHIVA: True, but men are threatened equally by the feminist volume of mysterious women.
DARK PHOENIX: That's very clever, Lord Shiva, but wouldn't you want to teach Literature at Yale?
SHIVA: Sure! I'd like to go there in disguise as a human and teach a Lit course about reinterpreting Milton!
DARK PHOENIX: Do you believe Barbie-dolls are anything of 'intellectual value'?
SHIVA: I believe there is imagination potential in consumerism-traffic toys (e.g., water-guns).
DARK PHOENIX: Boys will play with water-guns, and girls will continue to ogle Barbie (without revolution!).
SHIVA: There's nothing wrong with wanting to get a credit card for your wife and let her shop on Black Friday.
DARK PHOENIX: I think it's a Facebook-fated universe...
SHIVA: Imagine a girl submerges her Barbie-doll in her backyard pool and realizes toys symbolize escapism!
DARK PHOENIX: Free will can direct all humans to celebrate consumerism-relics (toys) as peace-trophies.
SHIVA: There's nothing wrong with Top Gun (Tom Cruise).
DARK PHOENIX: Well, enjoy your Netflix-subscription, but don't become indulgent about the Internet.

====

duet1.jpg

Forum List

Back