American_Jihad

Flaming Libs/Koranimals
May 1, 2012
Gulf of Mex 26.609, -82.220
Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter
:clap2:

By Jack Maddox, CNN
updated 10:22 AM EDT, Tue June 12, 2012

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter - CNN.com

Hope the little girl is going to be OK. Also hope the DA doesn't try to charge the father with anything. Jury nullification would be the best possible result for that DA if he took that route.

Assuming the story is the entire story and it is a true version of what happened, I don't think the father is going to prison.

Of course now that the father killed the groomer, the father's entire defence is going to hinge on him being able to prove that the guy was molesting his child.

i wonder what was more traumatic to the child...the abuse or watching her father kill a man?

Seriously? I am somewhat confident that having her father come in and STOP her from getting rapped by killing the assailant is far less damaging then actually having been raped.

Let's put it this way: a father saved his daughter from being raped and the pedophile died as a result of the confrontation.

And the last time I looked, our criminal justice system doesn't impose the death penalty for rape.

Should the father have left, called the police and waited for them to come and stop the rapist?

As the Sheriff said "This will go to a Texas prosecutor who may present it to a Texas grand jury and Texans will decide if this man should be prosecuted."

Which is pretty much Texas code for "he'll go free".

Let's put it this way: a father saved his daughter from being raped and the pedophile died as a result of the confrontation.

And the last time I looked, our criminal justice system doesn't impose the death penalty for rape.

Should the father have left, called the police and waited for them to come and stop the rapist?

As the Sheriff said "This will go to a Texas prosecutor who may present it to a Texas grand jury and Texans will decide if this man should be prosecuted."

No, the father should have grabbed the bad guy, pulled him away from the girl and taken reasonable steps to detain him until the police could be called.

No, the father should have grabbed the bad guy, pulled him away from the girl and taken reasonable steps to detain him until the police could be called.

But he didn't and you would be bullshitting us of you claimed that most people would have the sense of mind to do 'the right thing' in that situation. I can tell you that I certainly would not. When someone is attacking your children, particularly in such a manner as this, there is no 'reason' left in your mind. You are not thinking, just reacting on a base level. The fact that the father beat the man to death is not likely a thought out process but a sheer reaction to the scene of him in the act or raping his daughter.

In that context, what the hell are you trying to say with your posts? That he was wrong and should be prosecuted for it? That such an act should be against the law? That is asinine. I commend the father for protecting his daughter as well as having great respect for someone that can express remorse over his actions after the beating as he, in fact, did. He should not be jailed if the story is correct and is guilty of nothing beyond protecting an innocent.

Rape of a 4 year old by an adult should have the death penalty. In my opinion. If the facts are right he probably won't do any time.

Or are you suggesting he should ( assuming it was done in the heat of the moment).

Aren't you assuming the bad guy wouldn't resist? In my experience, bad guys tend to hit, sometimes quite hard. Sometimes they can even pick up something and use that. I'm sure that being a barn and all, there were weapons quite handy.

The father acted reasonably.

Close your eyes and imagine it is your daughter, imagine your daughter underneath a man with his pants down over your naked daughter as he is raping her. I would blame no one for defending their daughter and taking an action that although extreme, it is defending his family, it is anger mitigated by the rage of seeing a man violate your daughter in the worst imaginable way, no jury would convict. The rage, the anger, the hatred for violating another human is justifiable homicide.

Sorry George, but I seriously can not believe you know exactly how you would act if you saw a naked man standing over you four year old daughter and violating her in the worst imaginable way. The emotion and pain the father must now endure, the scars of the murder the daughter will over come, the raping she endured, those scar will never heal. At least she knows she has a father that will continue to protect her.

Some people need the death penalty, murders and pedophiles are in the same league as far as that is concerned.

I myself would have killed the rapist, not so quickly perhaps, but got the job done.

A bitch ass pussy like you might, but a real man wouldn't.

Let's use the reasonable person metric for this one George. Would a reasonable person upon discovering the assault in progress have calmly stopped the attack and then calmly detained the perp while waiting for the police to show up? And how about that perp, what do you think the odds are he would calmly wait for the police to arrive?

Think about it a moment George...just think about it for once.

Let's use the reasonable person metric for this one George. Would a reasonable person upon discovering the assault in progress have calmly stopped the attack and then calmly detained the perp while waiting for the police to show up? And how about that perp, what do you think the odds are he would calmly wait for the police to arrive?

Think about it a moment George...just think about it for once.

George already fled the argument.

Forum List

Back