Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

Let's put it this way: a father saved his daughter from being raped and the pedophile died as a result of the confrontation.

And the last time I looked, our criminal justice system doesn't impose the death penalty for rape.

It does, however, allow people to use deadly force in defense of others.

By the way, the justice system had nothing to do with this guy dying.

And the last time I looked, our criminal justice system doesn't impose the death penalty for rape.

Should the father have left, called the police and waited for them to come and stop the rapist?

As the Sheriff said "This will go to a Texas prosecutor who may present it to a Texas grand jury and Texans will decide if this man should be prosecuted."

Which is pretty much Texas code for "he'll go free".

No, the father should have grabbed the bad guy, pulled him away from the girl and taken reasonable steps to detain him until the police could be called.

Or, just a thought, he could have pulled him off the girl and pushed him away, which caused him to trip over a rake and impale himself.

Should the father have left, called the police and waited for them to come and stop the rapist?

As the Sheriff said "This will go to a Texas prosecutor who may present it to a Texas grand jury and Texans will decide if this man should be prosecuted."

No, the father should have grabbed the bad guy, pulled him away from the girl and taken reasonable steps to detain him until the police could be called.

Let's use the reasonable person metric for this one George. Would a reasonable person upon discovering the assault in progress have calmly stopped the attack and then calmly detained the perp while waiting for the police to show up? And how about that perp, what do you think the odds are he would calmly wait for the police to arrive?

Think about it a moment George...just think about it for once.

lol

Last edited:

Fvck that, He saved the taxpayers lots of time and money !!!:death:

Last edited by a moderator:
Grand jury to get case of Texas dad who beat alleged child molester to death

By Joshua Rhett Miller
Published June 12, 2012

A Texas prosecutor said the case of a rancher who beat to death a man he caught allegedly molesting his daughter will go to a grand jury to decide whether the killing was justified, or an act of excessive force.

The father, whose name has not been released by authorities, claims he caught the man trying to molest his 4-year-old daughter on his ranch Saturday. Although Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon said the girl’s father is unlikely to be arrested, District Attorney Heather McMinn told FoxNews.com the case remains under investigation and that the Texas Rangers have joined the probe.

Read more: Grand jury to get case of Texas dad who beat alleged child molester to death | Fox News

:mad:

lets think about this scenario:

you want to kill someone for some reason......this sounds like a great excuse.....there is no proof that the man did anything to the child...other than the father's word....none of the articles used the word rape....molested is the word being used....so hopefully the child was not raped...

any one up for killing sandusky? odd how that works...some guy who may or may not be a child molester is dead and yall are cheering for it......but what about sandusky?

The lynch mob mentality here is palatable, isn't it?

I note most of us have already decided (or invented) all the facts of the case.

You know the real purpose of threads like this?

It gives some of us the opportunity to tell everybody how much we hate pederast (always a brave position to take) and also for some of us to share their revenge fantasies.

And of course, it also gives the truly demented among us the opportunity to declare those unwilling to rush to judgement about this case soft on crime liberals.

Responses to threads like this are extremely predicatable.

perhaps it is just me...the first thing i would have done was got my child to a safe place.....it was a social gathering...there was plenty of time to catch the guy etc.....something just doesnt ring true here...If the child was raped....medical attention would be the next priority....did the father seek medical attention for the child?

where were all these other people when the killing happened? just too many questions about this whole thing....

Let's put it this way: a father saved his daughter from being raped and the pedophile died as a result of the confrontation.

Our Criminal Justice System played no part in the situation, Councilor. I sure hope you are not condemning the Father before the Trial.

perhaps it is just me...the first thing i would have done was got my child to a safe place.....it was a social gathering...there was plenty of time to catch the guy etc.....something just doesnt ring true here...If the child was raped....medical attention would be the next priority....did the father seek medical attention for the child?

where were all these other people when the killing happened? just too many questions about this whole thing....

Isn't it a bit early for the Bonn-Fire???

The way I see it, if the Child Molester survived the encounter long enough to be Arraigned, Power to the System. I have no Idea how I would react, walking in on something like that. If, and I mean if, the Perpetrator still had all of his teeth, or even a pulse, by time the Police responded, he should count himself lucky. I could not convict Someone acting instinctively or on impulse, in a situation like that.

you are condemning the dead man without a trial?

I'm not at all. His Salvation is between Him and His Maker. What is done is done. Should he have survived the initial encounter, I would have supported Due Process. There is no accounting for how You or I would react in such a situation, before we are found in it. There is Reason, and there is Emotion. We don't have the details of what and how it went down either.

that is my point......one guy is dead and all we have is the word of the killer that that the man needed to die....

remember the man who shot the child molester as they were bringing him into court....the molester was the kids sensi and had taken him to another state and abused him.....i undestood why the father killed the man.....but the man served time.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi3Hyxuf5AE]Father of Kidnapped Son gets Revenge - YouTube[/ame]

that is my point......one guy is dead and all we have is the word of the killer that that the man needed to die....

remember the man who shot the child molester as they were bringing him into court....the molester was the kids sensi and had taken him to another state and abused him.....i undestood why the father killed the man.....but the man served time.....

Father of Kidnapped Son gets Revenge - YouTube

I would presume that it will be investigated. Whether there is reason to take it further, is up to the DA, based on the findings.

true...its not up to messageboard scholars....it will be interesting to see how this plays out....

as a friend of mine always tells me....

you want justice go to a whorehouse....
you want to be fucked...go to a courthouse

lets think about this scenario:

you want to kill someone for some reason......this sounds like a great excuse.....there is no proof that the man did anything to the child...other than the father's word....none of the articles used the word rape....molested is the word being used....so hopefully the child was not raped...

any one up for killing sandusky? odd how that works...some guy who may or may not be a child molester is dead and yall are cheering for it......but what about sandusky?

What about the daughters testimony? Don't you think they've already interviewed the daughter and her story matches her dad's? Don't you think if the dad was lying they'd have been able to pick the two stories apart, and then arrested the dad under suspicion?

I think the story is what it is, and if I'd have seen happening what is purported as the father, I'd have shot the sons a bitches dick off, then put a .45 slug in his skull... or two... or three.

I have no problem with that. The man did the right thing.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back