Shep Smith Rages On Fox News Colleague For Defending BP

It was BP's accident, but if the government hadn't forced BP to drill in that location who knows if this accident would have occurred? But the fact remains that Shep was unwilling to address the issue at all, and merely wanted to dismiss the Judge because he wouldn't just blindly blame BP like Shep was doing.

Considering their numerous record of safety violations, we were lucky enough that there wasn't a accident like this beforehand.

Edit at 10:53 PM: He later said BP can be sued, good for him.

Back to the feds. It was their responsibility to stop BP way before they racked up over 700 safety violations.. so it is the government. so shep loses. if BP cut corners and violated safety to save money if falls back on the federal government for letting them do it. Judge N is absolutely correct.

Wrong. Crimes are the fault of the criminal, not the police. If someone robs a bank and doesn't get caught, it's not the police's fault if he robs another bank.

Considering their numerous record of safety violations, we were lucky enough that there wasn't a accident like this beforehand.

Back to the feds. It was their responsibility to stop BP way before they racked up over 700 safety violations.. so it is the government. so shep loses. if BP cut corners and violated safety to save money if falls back on the federal government for letting them do it. Judge N is absolutely correct.

Wrong. Crimes are the fault of the criminal, not the police. If someone robs a bank and doesn't get caught, it's not the police's fault if he robs another bank.

lame analogy. who set the rules" the feds? who found the violations? the fed. who did not shut them down?? you guess it.. the feds.. next.???

BP did get caught.. over 700 times..

Nice try, losers. Offer proof of one thing they have said that's not true. The people at Fox are liars.

Video after the jump.

Shep Smith Rages On Fox News Colleague For Defending BP (VIDEO)

Shep Smith challenged his Fox News colleague Judge Andrew Napolitano Thursday over Napolitano's apparent defense of BP (h/t Mediaite).

Appearing on Smith's "Studio B," Napolitano argued that because BP relied on inaccurate government models to draw up its contingency plans, the government is at fault, and not the oil company.

"I'm getting kinda grossed out, Judge," Smith shot back. "You're blaming the government for this?'

"I'm blaming the government for this," Napolitano affirmed.

Smith then went off on BP's record of safety violations and mistakes, asking Napolitano, "And now you're going to turn around and blame the government for these bumbling, fumbling, crazy people?"

"How does it feel to be standing up for BP?" he asked.

I have always liked Shep, and I don't understand how he has a job at Fox News still. Shep is easily the most honest guy on these shows on television in my opinion.
So much for the total right wing bias of Fox.

Apparently mandating where they drill is dangerous as well.

Well when regulations aren't being followed in the first place and safety violations are being made, this is what happens. You know full well Kevin how dangerous it would be to let oil companies drill anywhere.

Know I don't know full well. I know that oil companies know more about what they're doing than government does, and I know that they didn't want to drill in such deep water because of the inherent dangers but the federal government forced them. So the worst oil spill in history isn't a result of allowing the oil companies to drill where they want, but where government forced them to drill. Sounds like that's the more dangerous road to me.
That's a load of crapola! Oil Companies have wanted to drill in the Gulf's deepwater all along because they saw there was no more "easy oil."

From a 2003 presentation on the importance of deepwater drilling:

Powered by Google Docs

viewer

viewer

viewer

viewer

Apparently mandating where they drill is dangerous as well.

Well when regulations aren't being followed in the first place and safety violations are being made, this is what happens. You know full well Kevin how dangerous it would be to let oil companies drill anywhere.

Know I don't know full well. I know that oil companies know more about what they're doing than government does, and I know that they didn't want to drill in such deep water because of the inherent dangers but the federal government forced them. So the worst oil spill in history isn't a result of allowing the oil companies to drill where they want, but where government forced them to drill. Sounds like that's the more dangerous road to me.

It's a tough call, but I'm going to have to say that all things considered the bolded sentence is the biggest lie I've ever seen on USMB.

It's a tough call, but I'm going to have to say that all things considered the bolded sentence is the biggest lie I've ever seen on USMB.

You must not read many posts on USMB then.

Video after the jump.

Shep Smith Rages On Fox News Colleague For Defending BP (VIDEO)

Shep Smith challenged his Fox News colleague Judge Andrew Napolitano Thursday over Napolitano's apparent defense of BP (h/t Mediaite).

Appearing on Smith's "Studio B," Napolitano argued that because BP relied on inaccurate government models to draw up its contingency plans, the government is at fault, and not the oil company.

"I'm getting kinda grossed out, Judge," Smith shot back. "You're blaming the government for this?'

"I'm blaming the government for this," Napolitano affirmed.

Smith then went off on BP's record of safety violations and mistakes, asking Napolitano, "And now you're going to turn around and blame the government for these bumbling, fumbling, crazy people?"

"How does it feel to be standing up for BP?" he asked.

I have always liked Shep, and I don't understand how he has a job at Fox News still. Shep is easily the most honest guy on these shows on television in my opinion.
I agree, Shepard has a conscience.

FOX mission number 1 is to defend BP. They will come up with anything that is even hinted to them. They will, and have been shown, to lie and spin until they place the blame on anyone but their corporate sponsors. Shep will probably be fired or reassigned.

Do you ever watch FOX? I watch the Brett Bair (sp?) Show about every night. I have seen no defense of BP from that show. I watch FOX & Friends in the morning sometimes and have seen no defense of BP. I have watched the first 10 to 15 minutes of Shep's show often before the news OD kicks in and I turn it over to Two and a hlf Men re-runs.

FOX condemns the role of BP and ALSO cites the seeming bi polarity of the the Big 0's people as they leave it all to BP to fix, then put their boots on the throat of BP, then take total control of the operation, then shake down BP and then once again slap down the requests of Jindahl for more help.

Did anyone else think it was a tad funny that when BP was going for the Top Kill approach to block off the flow of oil, the Big 0 suddenly came up pretty high profile saying "Plug the hole!" It seemed like he was trying to steal the thunder of the projected success. Of course there was no success and he was left there with his impotent and empty words with no impact on anything.

The Big 0 refuses help offered by the world due to the protectionist Jones Act. At least his Union masters must be pleased by this.

The shakedown was illegal. The moritorium was illegal. The Jones Act is a union protectionist isolationist policy from decades ago. Suggestions like Costners and Jindahl's have been blocked and then grudgingly, partially implemented. The Adminstartion's regulatory enforcement has been a joke. BP was in violation of so many regulations that the list of what they did right was shorter than the wrongs.

Why was the Deep Water Horizon still running? The two main charachters in this drama are comprised of groups that are decietful, oily, lying, greedy, manipulative, secretive band of criminals who just want to "get their lives back". There's not allot to pick from between the guys who didn't follow the rules and blew up 11 people and those that renegged on their regulatory responsibility and let it happen.

That is the sense that I get from FOX News.

[youtube]xdZ5LCNmvFQ[/youtube]

There's the actual video for those who haven't seen it. The Judge tried to make it clear that he wasn't letting BP off the hook for their accident, but Shep talked over him and dismissed everything he said.

Forum List

Back