Shep Smith Rages On Fox News Colleague For Defending BP

LOL, all of a sudden the left LOVES fox news cause some pansy ass , RAGES.

Ya just gotta love it.:lol:

Nope, we love how the righty's tear Shep apart every time he doesnt lock step with Fox idiots.

Go Shep, I just cant believe they keep you there. I have read some of the things said to him by fox fans...and wow. they are some hateful "fair and balanced" viewers over there.

HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO SPEAKS AGAINST THE RIGHTY GRAIN OVER THERE. The ONLY one.

someone please try to find a link of Hannity EVER saying anything negative about Bush. Just one! I can link many negative ones spoken by Maddow, Mathews and Olberman against Obama. That is the difference between MSNBC and Fox.

Whose job is it to catch these safety violations and make BP correct them?

Napalitano wasn't blindly serving the corporate masters and he wasn't excusing BP. He was pointing out that the fed played a role in this disaster.

I'm not saying the government didn't have a role in making sure the regulations were actually being met. After all, if these regulations were followed through, none of this would of happened. However, the judge had no blame for BP in the matter, he was blaming the government only from what I can see. Unless you can prove otherwise, then I'll say "well, alright then."

Around 2:20 or so, he puts it on BP . . . you can sue them for all the mistakes/errors/screwups they've made.

At 2:46 or so . . . . judge says he's not standing up for BP he's standing for the rule of law. Watch the video again, specifically what he says from 2:46 on.

LOL, all of a sudden the left LOVES fox news cause some pansy ass , RAGES.

Ya just gotta love it.:lol:

Nope, we love how the righty's tear Shep apart every time he doesnt lock step with Fox idiots.

Go Shep, I just cant believe they keep you there. I have read some of the things said to him by fox fans...and wow. they are some hateful "fair and balanced" viewers over there.

HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO SPEAKS AGAINST THE RIGHTY GRAIN OVER THERE. The ONLY one.

someone please try to find a link of Hannity EVER saying anything negative about Bush. Just one! I can link many negative ones spoken by Maddow, Mathews and Olberman against Obama. That is the difference between MSNBC and Fox.

So Shep is the only one who goes against the grain at Fox?

[youtube]kNRSs6LsGeI[/youtube]

Would you look at that? Judge Napolitano defending his "corporate masters" by denouncing the Patriot Act. Remind me again the position of most of the anchors on Fox News regarding the Patriot Act?

Around 2:20 or so, he puts it on BP . . . you can sue them for all the mistakes/errors/screwups they've made.

At 2:46 or so . . . . judge says he's not standing up for BP he's standing for the rule of law. Watch the video again, specifically what he says from 2:46 on.

I will give him credit for admitting they can be sued. However, letting oil companies drill anywhere they want and such is very dangerous. I will give him credit however for saying BP can be sued. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. However, as this thread is about Shep, I'm glad to see his reaction.

I will give him credit for admitting they can be sued. However, letting oil companies drill anywhere they want and such is very dangerous. I will give him credit however for saying BP can be sued.

Apparently mandating where they drill is dangerous as well.

I will give him credit for admitting they can be sued. However, letting oil companies drill anywhere they want and such is very dangerous. I will give him credit however for saying BP can be sued. When I'm wrong, I'm wrong. However, as this thread is about Shep, I'm glad to see his reaction.

Did BP reallly want to drill right there?

Well when regulations aren't being followed in the first place and safety violations are being made, this is what happens. You know full well Kevin how dangerous it would be to let oil companies drill anywhere.

Well when regulations aren't being followed in the first place and safety violations are being made, this is what happens. You know full well Kevin how dangerous it would be to let oil companies drill anywhere.

Know I don't know full well. I know that oil companies know more about what they're doing than government does, and I know that they didn't want to drill in such deep water because of the inherent dangers but the federal government forced them. So the worst oil spill in history isn't a result of allowing the oil companies to drill where they want, but where government forced them to drill. Sounds like that's the more dangerous road to me.

Know I don't know full well. I know that oil companies know more about what they're doing than government does, and I know that they didn't want to drill in such deep water because of the inherent dangers but the federal government forced them. So the worst oil spill in history isn't a result of allowing the oil companies to drill where they want, but where government forced them to drill. Sounds like that's the more dangerous road to me.

Meanwhile, while making your argument, you ignore all of the violations that BP committed. But I assume that's the government fault too, right? Then again, if it was up to you, those regulations that BP didn't follow probably wouldn't of even been there in the first place.

Meanwhile, while making your argument, you ignore all of the violations that BP committed. But I assume that's the government fault too, right? Then again, if it was up to you, those regulations that BP didn't follow probably wouldn't of even been there in the first place.

While making my argument I used the word "Know" instead of "No" to begin my sentence. :eusa_drool:

Moving on, no those regulations shouldn't be there as I believe in a free market. However, do you acknowledge that had BP been allowed to drill where they and Louisiana had deemed best for them to drill, as opposed to the federal government's choice, that we would likely have been better off even if a spill had occurred? Considering that it would be easier to deal with a leak in the shallower area.

I like Shep as well, but he's not addressing the issue by simply trying to demonize the Judge for not putting all the blame on BP.

The judge wasn't blaming BP at all, he was giving full blame on the Government.

I'm blaming the government for this," Napolitano affirmed.

It was BP's accident, but if the government hadn't forced BP to drill in that location who knows if this accident would have occurred? But the fact remains that Shep was unwilling to address the issue at all, and merely wanted to dismiss the Judge because he wouldn't just blindly blame BP like Shep was doing.
Shep is a demagogue. Unlike Hannity, Cavuto, or O'Reilly who are opinion programs, Shep is supposed to be a reporter, but he does a lot of speculating about causes and affects and injects raw emotion into this "reporting." When Shep said "YOU ARE ON THE SIDE OF BP" Napolitano responded "No, I am on the side of the rule of law." Meaning the law already exists which holds BP responsible, and there had been no lack of compliance, indeed BP's Board had stated many times that they would make good on their obligation.

The 20-billion is akin to the Chrysler bail-out which forced secured bondholders to take a hair-cut, so that the Feds could make a deal that gave the Unions money that belonged to secured bondholders. By law, secured obligations come before unsecured obligations. If we are no longer a country of Laws, which was what Napolitano was decrying, then how can anyone rely on the laws as written, and what we have is a crapshoot. Who now can rely on a written security agreement, Which flatly says they would come first for repayment? Money will go where there is a greater chance of at least getting back the original investment, and that is becoming less and less what we can expect in America, as we become a thugocracy.

Last edited:
BP knew that they couldn't fix a blowout at that depth with anything other than a relief well. Thus they knew how long a leak would run, and thus they knew how much oil could be spilled. It was their responsibility to either come up with a realistic plan to cope adequately with that scenario, or make it clear to the government that there was no such plan.

The last big leak took ten months to plug in 150" of water.

Until the oil companies have, in place, the equipment to deal with a blowout, they should not be allowed to drill anywhere offshore. In fact, until we have some real inspectors, not the present bunch that have sold their souls to the petro corperations, there should be no drilling offshore.

As far as the rest of your idiocy is concerned, the present government regulations in every realm came about because their were people that endanged other people for their own greed.

BP knew that they couldn't fix a blowout at that depth with anything other than a relief well. Thus they knew how long a leak would run, and thus they knew how much oil could be spilled. It was their responsibility to either come up with a realistic plan to cope adequately with that scenario, or make it clear to the government that there was no such plan.
All of that and their permit should've been denied. They use a very risky piping method 10 times more often then others, and in deep wells where others refuse to take the risk. There is an obligation by the MMS to modify permits, or to turn them down in cases just like that of the Deepwater Horizon.

We need regulations to protect us from dangers inherent in certain actions, and when the regulators fail to adequately regulate and oversee operations, they want to shut everything down, or add more regulations, which don't really respond to the need. The regulators ought to have people on their staff who are as competent or more so than the companies doing the work. We expect that and we get it from all the state Fire-marshal's office nationwide. Why can't our federal regulators perform just as well?

Last edited:
FOX mission number 1 is to defend BP. They will come up with anything that is even hinted to them. They will, and have been shown, to lie and spin until they place the blame on anyone but their corporate sponsors. Shep will probably be fired or reassigned.

You do realize that their number one guy, O Reilly, blames BP completely right?

Alan Colmes and Shep are the ONLY people on fox who arent in lock step. Of course Colmes is gone now, so ol shep is left alone....again.

Alan Colmes is a moron and looks like a corpse with a bad dye job to boot.

Last edited:
It was BP's accident, but if the government hadn't forced BP to drill in that location who knows if this accident would have occurred? But the fact remains that Shep was unwilling to address the issue at all, and merely wanted to dismiss the Judge because he wouldn't just blindly blame BP like Shep was doing.

Considering their numerous record of safety violations, we were lucky enough that there wasn't a accident like this beforehand.

Edit at 10:53 PM: He later said BP can be sued, good for him.

Back to the feds. It was their responsibility to stop BP way before they racked up over 700 safety violations.. so it is the government. so shep loses. if BP cut corners and violated safety to save money if falls back on the federal government for letting them do it. Judge N is absolutely correct.

Alan Colmes and Shep are the ONLY people on fox who arent in lock step. Of course Colmes is gone now, so ol shep is left alone....again.

Talking out of your ass again I see. Alan Colmes isn't gone. He's on Fox frequently.

]BP knew that they couldn't fix a blowout at that depth with anything other than a relief well. [/B] Thus they knew how long a leak would run, and thus they knew how much oil could be spilled. It was their responsibility to either come up with a realistic plan to cope adequately with that scenario, or make it clear to the government that there was no such plan.

And that relief well should have been in place from day one, regardless of the chance of this happening being "one in a million". Whether the relief well was regulated or not . . . BP should have done the responsible thing, spent the bucks and drilled the relief well 'just in case'. If they had the spill could have been contained almost immediately (assuming the relief well actually does what it's suppose to do). Utter negligence on BP's part, imo. Agree with the rest of your post as well.

Forum List

Back