Shep Smith Rages On Fox News Colleague For Defending BP

It was BP's accident, but if the government hadn't forced BP to drill in that location
The government didn't force BP to drill in that location but it did allow them to drill in that location.

The state of Louisiana and BP wanted to drill in a different location, but the federal government forced them to drill in this location.
No.

The only reason deepsea drilling exists is because there are big pockets of oil down there. It is all about KACHING.

It's pretty amusing to watch you take personal responsibility away from BP, though.

And in typical partisan fashion you continually try to turn this into Democrats vs. Republicans, which shows how narrow your world view is. As for your link, it was a group talking about how good deep sea drilling is. It doesn't disprove, at all, that BP wanted to drill in a shallower location but the federal government forced them to drill where they would be unable to contain a spill.
And your pontificating proves nothing either. And the first link earlier in the thread proved that the oil companies WANTED to drill in deepwater because there was no more "easy oil," and I already posted it more than once so I posted this link to show that deepwater drilling was projected to continue to increase as the technology progressed. The oil is in deepwater and the oil companies want the oil that's there. It has nothing to do with government or environmentalists.

You have posted nothing to back your obviously false claim that the oil companies were forced to drill in deepwater because all you have is Right-Wing Whackos pontificating their hate. Show something other than the opinion of hate-mongers that says BP was FORCED to drill in deepwater for any other reason than that was where the oil is!!!

No, your link earlier in the thread proves that the group that put out that information thought deep sea drilling was a good idea. It proves nothing about this case.
It said more than that.
The Society of Petroleum Engineers who made the presentation said "easy oil" had peaked and it was URGENT that we drill in deepwater for our future energy needs.

viewer

The government didn't force BP to drill in that location but it did allow them to drill in that location.

The state of Louisiana and BP wanted to drill in a different location, but the federal government forced them to drill in this location.
No.

The only reason deepsea drilling exists is because there are big pockets of oil down there. It is all about KACHING.

It's pretty amusing to watch you take personal responsibility away from BP, though.

And now you're doing the same thing to me Shep did to the Judge. Nobody's saying BP isn't responsible for what happened. It was their accident, and they should be held fully accountable. But why would you deny the role the government played in this?

And your pontificating proves nothing either. And the first link earlier in the thread proved that the oil companies WANTED to drill in deepwater because there was no more "easy oil," and I already posted it more than once so I posted this link to show that deepwater drilling was projected to continue to increase as the technology progressed. The oil is in deepwater and the oil companies want the oil that's there. It has nothing to do with government or environmentalists.

You have posted nothing to back your obviously false claim that the oil companies were forced to drill in deepwater because all you have is Right-Wing Whackos pontificating their hate. Show something other than the opinion of hate-mongers that says BP was FORCED to drill in deepwater for any other reason than that was where the oil is!!!

No, your link earlier in the thread proves that the group that put out that information thought deep sea drilling was a good idea. It proves nothing about this case.
It said more than that.
The Society of Petroleum Engineers who made the presentation said "easy oil" had peaked and it was URGENT that we drill in deepwater for our future energy needs.

viewer

Which disproves nothing I said regarding this oil spill.

No.

And now you're doing the same thing to me Shep did to the Judge. Nobody's saying BP isn't responsible for what happened. It was their accident, and they should be held fully accountable. But why would you deny the role the government played in this?
I don't. As I said above, the government allowed the drilling. Heck, I said that almost as soon as it became apparent the spill was enormous. But allowing the drilling is not forcing them to drill there...it's ridiculous to pretend that BP and all the other oil companies aren't drooling to tap those reserves....especially since shallow wells return more natural gas than anything else.

No.

I don't. As I said above, the government allowed the drilling. Heck, I said that almost as soon as it became apparent the spill was enormous. But allowing the drilling is not forcing them to drill there...it's ridiculous to pretend that BP and all the other oil companies aren't drooling to tap those reserves....especially since shallow wells return more natural gas than anything else.

When you don't allow them to drill where they want, and make them drill in deeper water then yes that is forcing them.

When you don't allow them to drill where they want, and make them drill in deeper water then yes that is forcing them.
You have yet to prove that lie, scripted by the GOP and echoed on GOP hate radio. It is nothing but the worthless opinion of hate mongers who have pet scapegoats they blame for everything, in this case the government and environmentalists. Show some industry source that says the oil companies are drilling in deepwater for some other reason than that is where the oil they want is.

It is the corporation's responsibility to ensure that its products and services are not harmful to its customers. For an oil company, that is JOB #1! Instead of taking shortcuts, instead of trying to save money here and there, BP cut corners and made huge mistakes. It is not the federal government's responsibility to make sure BP is doing what it should be doing - it is BP's. And when BP fucks up, it is BP's responsibility to clean up the mess. If it requires the federal government's assistance, the federal government should help. The judge must place the blame squarely on BP. While I'm sure the federal government could've updated a few things, the blame rests 100% with BP.

100%.

Forum List

Back