Shep Smith Rages On Fox News Colleague For Defending BP

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Video after the jump.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/25/shep-smith-rages-fox-news_n_625463.html

Shep Smith challenged his Fox News colleague Judge Andrew Napolitano Thursday over Napolitano's apparent defense of BP (h/t Mediaite).

Appearing on Smith's "Studio B," Napolitano argued that because BP relied on inaccurate government models to draw up its contingency plans, the government is at fault, and not the oil company.

"I'm getting kinda grossed out, Judge," Smith shot back. "You're blaming the government for this?'

"I'm blaming the government for this," Napolitano affirmed.

Smith then went off on BP's record of safety violations and mistakes, asking Napolitano, "And now you're going to turn around and blame the government for these bumbling, fumbling, crazy people?"

"How does it feel to be standing up for BP?" he asked.

I have always liked Shep, and I don't understand how he has a job at Fox News still. Shep is easily the most honest guy on these shows on television in my opinion.

I like Shep as well, but he's not addressing the issue by simply trying to demonize the Judge for not putting all the blame on BP.

I like Shep as well, but he's not addressing the issue by simply trying to demonize the Judge for not putting all the blame on BP.

The judge wasn't blaming BP at all, he was giving full blame on the Government.

I'm blaming the government for this," Napolitano affirmed.

Edit at 10:53 PM: He later said BP can be sued, good for him.

The judge wasn't blaming BP at all, he was giving full blame on the Government.

I'm blaming the government for this," Napolitano affirmed.

It was BP's accident, but if the government hadn't forced BP to drill in that location who knows if this accident would have occurred? But the fact remains that Shep was unwilling to address the issue at all, and merely wanted to dismiss the Judge because he wouldn't just blindly blame BP like Shep was doing.

It was BP's accident, but if the government hadn't forced BP to drill in that location who knows if this accident would have occurred? But the fact remains that Shep was unwilling to address the issue at all, and merely wanted to dismiss the Judge because he wouldn't just blindly blame BP like Shep was doing.

Considering their numerous record of safety violations, we were lucky enough that there wasn't a accident like this beforehand.

Edit at 10:53 PM: He later said BP can be sued, good for him.

Shocking, since people on FOX never disagree.;) Shep is cool, even if a bit of a drama queen at times.

Considering their numerous record of safety violations, we were lucky enough that there wasn't a accident like this beforehand. Shep was disgusted by his blind serving to his corporate masters.

Shep may have been disgusted by what he perceived to be blindly serving some corporate master, but rather than accept that the Judge had a point Shep simply refused to acknowledge any portion of the Judge's argument and shut down any meaningful debate.

Considering their numerous record of safety violations, we were lucky enough that there wasn't a accident like this beforehand. Shep was disgusted by his blind serving to his corporate masters.

Whose job is it to catch these safety violations and make BP correct them?

Napalitano wasn't blindly serving the corporate masters and he wasn't excusing BP. He was pointing out that the fed played a role in this disaster.

Shep may have been disgusted by what he perceived to be blindly serving some corporate master, but rather than accept that the Judge had a point Shep simply refused to acknowledge any portion of the Judge's argument and shut down any meaningful debate.

Watch Shep's body language when the judge is talking . . . arms tightly folded over his chest. Shep was closed off to what the judge was saying.

Alan Colmes and Shep are the ONLY people on fox who arent in lock step. Of course Colmes is gone now, so ol shep is left alone....again.

FOX mission number 1 is to defend BP. They will come up with anything that is even hinted to them. They will, and have been shown, to lie and spin until they place the blame on anyone but their corporate sponsors. Shep will probably be fired or reassigned.

FOX mission number 1 is to defend BP. They will come up with anything that is even hinted to them. They will, and have been shown, to lie and spin until they place the blame on anyone but their corporate sponsors. Shep will probably be fired or reassigned.

Just like GE owned MSNBC who profits from the war machine.

Napalitano wasn't blindly serving the corporate masters and he wasn't excusing BP. He was pointing out that the fed played a role in this disaster.

Which administration set that liability cap?

I'm not saying the government didn't have a role in making sure the regulations were actually being met. After all, if these regulations were followed through, none of this would of happened. However, the judge had no blame for BP in the matter, he was blaming the government only from what I can see. Unless you can prove otherwise, then I'll say "well, alright then."

Edit at 10:53 PM: He later said BP can be sued, good for him. When I'm wrong, I'm willing to admit it. Good on Shep though for his reaction here.

Oh, as with this post, alright then.

Which administration set that liability cap?

Which sounds like a problem that was caused by government, regardless of which administration did it.

LOL, all of a sudden the left LOVES fox news cause some pansy ass , RAGES.

Ya just gotta love it.:lol:

Last edited:

I doubt it. I have seen him go against the lock steppers over there before and he was fine. By the way, he is 100% correct, again.

Forum List

Back