Sharing Emotions

I don't like to discuss "feelings" per se

Just more "thoughts" - even if it's like, I'm thinking about building a chair.
I always wanted to be a rock star, burn our fast and have chicks everywhere.

I guess more like wishes, things that are on you mind so I guess it's more like sharing you MIND - not your emotions.

I don't expect anyone to be like me.

But I don't understand why people are afraid to reveal who they REALLY are.
Who they really are may well be someone that doesn't feel the need to share every thought in their noggin for scrutiny or evaluation.

Why would anyone care what people on a message board think about what they say?
It doesn't have to be "scrutinized" or "evaluated" - how about the amazing concept of broadening your mind and thought process to include understand of others ways, instead of picking apart things you don't agree with?

Is it THAT foreign of a concept to people?
You lost me a while back and that doesn't help. We are having two different conversations. I wasn't talking about message boards or not broadening my mind or picking apart anything.
Jesus.

So how do you feel right now? Bored? Frustrated? LOL!
Excited.
You see, I installed a new operating system. Kubuntu 16.04 since you like details. I first tried it on the hard drive this morning, liked it over 14.04 and decided to go ahead and install on the solid state drive. So. Here I am, up and running just setting up the email, browser shit once again.

I don't like to discuss "feelings" per se

Just more "thoughts" - even if it's like, I'm thinking about building a chair.
I always wanted to be a rock star, burn our fast and have chicks everywhere.

I guess more like wishes, things that are on you mind so I guess it's more like sharing you MIND - not your emotions.

I don't expect anyone to be like me.

But I don't understand why people are afraid to reveal who they REALLY are.
Who they really are may well be someone that doesn't feel the need to share every thought in their noggin for scrutiny or evaluation.

It doesn't have to be "scrutinized" or "evaluated" - how about the amazing concept of broadening your mind and thought process to include understand of others ways, instead of picking apart things you don't agree with?

You lost me a while back and that doesn't help. We are having two different conversations. I wasn't talking about message boards or not broadening my mind or picking apart anything.
Jesus.

Excited.
You see, I installed a new operating system. Kubuntu 16.04 since you like details. I first tried it on the hard drive this morning, liked it over 14.04 and decided to go ahead and install on the solid state drive. So. Here I am, up and running just setting up the email, browser shit once again.

I do. What does this OS offer that say others don't? Speed?
Do you like working on your computer or are you being sarcastic?

What are you like in real life Iceweasel? What kind of work do you do? Vaguely or generally?
Imma contractor, make things, install things, fix things. Pretty much the same in real life. Humorous, touchy feely, open book. That sort of thing

We have terrible luck with contractors. They do half ass work, and I think it's just because we live in a town house. We pay well also, but, just seems they care more about the people in large single family homes and the rich then doing work for the middle class.

What are you like in real life Iceweasel? What kind of work do you do? Vaguely or generally?
Imma contractor, make things, install things, fix things. Pretty much the same in real life. Humorous, touchy feely, open book. That sort of thing

We need to redo our kitchen. After that, we are in good shape. We have pretty much "rebuilt" our home from the inside out.
New windows, siding, flooring (hard wood), paint, bathrooms (new tile, tubs, tile floors, sinks, toilets) the works, but the kitchen is still circa 1980.

Linux as an OS is a great choice if you are not a gamer.
If you use your computer for what almost everyone primarily does - browse internet/email/light office work (documents, spreadsheets etc) watch videos - then it is superior to Microsoft.
It requires much less resources, and is blazing fast at startup and application startups. And because of that you can buy a low end laptop and it will be faster than a mid-range WIndows laptop at twice the cost.
Not to mention it is over 99% impervious to viruses and malware.

Did a quick "look" - is Ubuntu a good choice?

Once you install an OS, you have to start from scratch, correct?
Install a browser, etc.?

Install a browser, etc.?

No all of that is included.
Personally, I would recommend Linux Mint. It is closer to what you are used to with Windows.
If you have never installed an OS before, you will need help. Most people know at least one geek.

Today, Sunday - the foreman working for my boss......made me wipe down the interior of the Security Trucks......that should have been done yesterday.

Saturday is clean vehicles day, so while I was off ( yesterday ); it did not get done. THE FOREMAN ( 2nd shift supervisor if I am right ) on duty did not make his shift clean the interior of the truck, SO HE made me clean them today. Not very good leadership, do you think? Not very good supervisory skills, do you thing?

The people on my shift, drove their vehicles up to Gate three where I had to wipe down the interior of the truck, INSTEAD of the people driving them doing it. When I am not on the gate, but inside the facility - I wash and wipe down the interior of the truck I drive. I clean mounds of mud off of it, and a interior dash and console....that has about 1/8" of dust on it.....EVEN though I just wiped the same dash down.....two days before.

People want me to leave my job so bad, as indicated by the many-many times before of me being told - "You need to leave here."

Shadow 355

Last edited:
Today, Sunday - the foreman working for my boss......made me wipe down the interior of the Security Trucks......that should have been done yesterday.

Saturday is clean vehicles day, so while I was off ; it did not get done.

The people on my shift, drove their vehicles up to Gate three where I had to wipe down the interior of the truck, INSTEAD of the people driving them doing it. When I am not on the gate, but inside the facility - I wash and wipe down the interior of the truck I drive
How does that make you feel?

The people on my shift, drove their vehicles up to Gate three where I had to wipe down the interior of the truck, INSTEAD of the people driving them doing it. When I am not on the gate, but inside the facility - I wash and wipe down the interior of the truck I drive

When people are enabled to get away with not doing their job, they will continue to do it if someone is picking up the slack for them. FYI

as an add on.... since the focus seems to be on men here ...

is it that you don't LIKE sharing your emotions or feelings (e.g. you find it unpleasant)
or that you are just not INTERESTED in doing so? (e.g. it's a waste of time, boring etc.)

Jesus.

Excited.

Speed yes. Plasma 5 looks like it went as far as it was going to under Kubuntu 14.04. There's some newness, easier to use features like the menu.

Firefox folded up on me though, it's very new release. So I'm on Chromium now. Yes, I like tinkering with the stuff, it's free and easy to install. Went through 3 installs in the last day. This release doesn't quite have all my tablet features yet though so I must actually press the page down button on the keyboard instead of the tablet, so that's a few milliseconds of productivity lost right there.

We have terrible luck with contractors. They do half ass work, and I think it's just because we live in a town house. We pay well also, but, just seems they care more about the people in large single family homes and the rich then doing work for the middle class.
Lots of shitty work out there, that's where I come in. I fix the past fuckups. Some customers are not too swift either but like minded folks do find each other...

Jesus.

Excited.

Speed yes. Plasma 5 looks like it went as far as it was going to under Kubuntu 14.04. There's some newness, easier to use features like the menu.

Firefox folded up on me though, it's very new release. So I'm on Chromium now. Yes, I like tinkering with the stuff, it's free and easy to install. Went through 3 installs in the last day. This release doesn't quite have all my tablet features yet though so I must actually press the page down button on the keyboard instead of the tablet, so that's a few milliseconds of productivity lost right there.

Is there software I can install and let you do it all for me? ;)
Kidding!

Install a browser, etc.?
As mentioned, most popular distros come fully loaded. Word processing, email, browser.

I installed Ubuntu but they are married to their Unity desktop for reasons I don't get. It's a little better with a menu add on but not very customizable. It a point of excitement that you can now put the launcher on the bottom instead of the side. Wow.

Kubuntu uses the Plasma interface with is also very easy to navigate but further long than Mint so more complex or different.

Jesus.

Excited.

Is there software I can install and let you do it all for me? ;)
Kidding!
It's pretty easy IF you can burn a ISO file to a disk and your bios is set right and you are all backed up, and ....

Nevermind. On the plus side Microsoft is incorporating Ubuntu in Windows for developers, I think with the cloud stuff.

as an add on.... since the focus seems to be on men here ...

is it that you don't LIKE sharing your emotions or feelings (e.g. you find it unpleasant)
or that you are just not INTERESTED in doing so? (e.g. it's a waste of time, boring etc.)

Good questions... speaking for myself, and betting it is what most men think...both.
Particularly men born before the "pussyfication" of American boys...we are very sensitive to revealing any perceived weaknesses of our strength, both physically and mentally. Being strong, someone who is the pillar of the family - the strength, the foundation is quintessential to our DNA. It is what makes a man - a man. And any man not having those qualities is a pussy, or worse a spineless self centered coward.
It is all about respect. Respect is everything to a good man.
My daughter said once to me - that the worst day in her life was when she did something she knew was wrong, and the worst thing about it was she knew she disappointed me. And - here it is...wait for it..."I will never disappoint you like that again".
That means everything to me. That is respect. And you only deserve that respect by being a good, real man. What we are meant to be.
Make sense?

If you had to do other people jobs and your own, like I have had to do for over a decade - YOU would be irritated also.

If you got verbally chewed out for the least little thing, and others were able to neglect their job.....WITH the supervisors blessing, you would be irritated also.

If you had to fill fire suppression systems, YOUR own, plus other co-workers fire extinguishers, YOU would be irritated also.

IF you had to deal with a work place with a double standard, YOU would be irritated also.

IF you worked at a place where people harassed you physically, emotionally, psychologically and verbally - as to try to get you to leave and go to work somewhere else, YOU would be irritated also.

People trying to get me to take a book I wrote, to a law firm, in a metropolitan area in the county north of me ---> the people tryg ot get me to take the book to the law firm.....is the same people whom have been doing me wrong, making my work place environment hard and very difficult, and harassing me in so many ways. Wanting me to go to a "Rice patty" in the county north of where I live and work - so they can help me get my book published. Would you take advice from people whom have been doing you wrong and drugging your coffee and food in the work place? Plus as I understand, My cousins wife thinks ( inter personally) it is a good idea. The same wife whom put chiggers and fleas in the chair I was setting in in their den. The same female, whom passed me with a relative of hers ( Her relatives husband was a Deputy Sheriff in Ohio ).

I don't take the advice of those "Doing me wrong" and it ticks them off, s they make my job harder. As my site supervisor ( former State Trooper ) said - Paraphrased when he started work here, "Its going to get harder on the guy." "We are going to make it harder on him." ---> Something to that effect, as I recall he made the comment in the supervisors office where 1st thu 4th shift foreman work, and he made that comment on days shift ; about a month or so when the company I now work for, took over. Well, he was right ; they are making things harder on me, and "singling" me out. Doing what they can to make me frustrated and angry, and to also make me vent my opinion.

I work with some asinine people, whom do not know what leadership is.

Shadow 355

Last edited:

If you had to do other people jobs and your own, like I have had to do for over a decade - YOU would be irritated also.

If you got verbally chewed out for the least little thing, and others were able to neglect their job.....WITH the supervisors blessing, you would be irritated also.

If you had to fill fire suppression systems, YOUR own, plus other co-workers fire extinguishers, YOU would be irritated also.

IF you had to deal with a work place with a double standard, YOU would be irritated also.

IF you worked at a place where people harassed you physically, emotionally, psychologically and verbally - as to try to get you to leave and go to work somewhere else, YOU would be irritated also.

People trying to get me to take a book I wrote, to a law firm, in a metropolitan area in the county north of me ---> the people tryg ot get me to take the book to the law firm.....is the same people whom have been doing me wrong, making my work place environment hard and very difficult, and harassing me in so many ways. Wanting me to go to a "Rice patty" in the county north of where I live and work - so they can help me get my book published. Would you take advice from people whom have been doing you wrong and drugging your coffee and food in the work place? Plus as I understand, My cousins wife thinks ( inter personally) it is a good idea. The same wife whom put chiggers and fleas in the chair I was setting in in their den. The same female, whom passed me with a relative of hers ( Her relatives husband was a Deputy Sheriff in Ohio ).

I don't take the advice of those "Doing me wrong" and it ticks them off, s they make my job harder. As my site supervisor ( former State Trooper ) said - Paraphrased when he started work here, "Its going to get harder on the guy." "We are going to make it harder on him." ---> Something to that effect, as I recall he made the comment in the supervisors office where 1st thu 4th shift foreman work, and he made that comment on days shift ; about a month or so when the company I now work for, took over. Well, he was right ; they are making things harder on me, and "singling" me out. Doing what they can to make me frustrated and angry, and to also make me vent my opinion.

I work with some asinine people, whom do not know what leadership is.

Shadow 355
You said a mouthful

The same wife whom put chiggers and fleas in the chair I was setting in in their den.

You have mice and rats in your place and fleas and chiggers in your chair.

and now you have people who get "ticked"

Seems to me you have no problem discussing and sharing your feelings. I think I would probably get another job, you should hang out with your lawyer friends more they may have openings.

I do not know if I would be upset it all seems to be part of the job.

Forum List

Back