Sharing Emotions

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Is this something you feel you can only do with people close to you?
Or, just the opposite, easier to do with strangers?

Do you not like to do it?
Do peoples deepest thoughts, dreams bore you or interest you?

I like to but no one wants to hear it.

I do! Have at it! I try to create threads to give people time to voice their opinions, emotions etc. Mostly on personal level stuff. Politics are interesting, but the PERSON typing is who I'm interested in.

I think people are fascinating.

Explain this sharing emotions phenomenon. Is this done with mind melding, meditation, etc. and the purpose is ...?

No it's just like, right now, my husband is up but I'm dreading it cause I like my time alone.
I know I should be doing productive stuff, but, mostly I just want to relax and be alone.
I'm also in a sort of "romantic" mood, not sure that is right, maybe just hopeful, positive... hard to explain.

I think most people have big major frustrations in life. I like to hear about those....

Explain this sharing emotions phenomenon. Is this done with mind melding, meditation, etc. and the purpose is ...?

No it's just like, right now, my husband is up but I'm dreading it cause I like my time alone.
I know I should be doing productive stuff, but, mostly I just want to relax and be alone.
I'm also in a sort of "romantic" mood, not sure that is right, maybe just hopeful, positive... hard to explain.

I think most people have big major frustrations in life. I like to hear about those....
You lost me right out of the gate. It went from sharing emotions to being alone before my brain could focus.

You lost me right out of the gate. It went from sharing emotions to being alone before my brain could focus.

People feel things all the time. What's the problem with saying how you feel.
It doesn't have to be a 2 hour conversation (well except with my husband, and he beats the same issues in the ground) - so it's just him whining, not like a conversation

Oh Bonzi you don't need me to say why not now do I?
How many men have you met? How many of those like to "share emotions"?
We don't dwell on these things. You need something fixed? We're there...You have a child that is misbehaving?...on it. Too heavy for you?...let us prove how strong we are.
Want something built?...how big and how tall do you want it?
We do things...make things...fix things...play with things...improve things...this is what we dwell on.

People feel things all the time. What's the problem with saying how you feel.
It doesn't have to be a 2 hour conversation (well except with my husband, and he beats the same issues in the ground) - so it's just him whining, not like a conversation
Men aren't women with penises, well maybe some are. Males typically learn early on to deal with things, women put more emphasis on feelings. Dragging men into that realm just frustrates them. The last thing on earth I want to do is sit around and discuss feelings.

I don't like to discuss "feelings" per se

Just more "thoughts" - even if it's like, I'm thinking about building a chair.
I always wanted to be a rock star, burn our fast and have chicks everywhere.

I guess more like wishes, things that are on you mind so I guess it's more like sharing you MIND - not your emotions.

I don't expect anyone to be like me.

But I don't understand why people are afraid to reveal who they REALLY are.

Emotions have become tools of power politics and criminalization. A 100 years ago, you were free to state your emotion to kill these people or those people. Now you get the swat team to your school if you dare speak emotions. A bully too got dealt with quickly when you stood up to him, but now it is illegal too. I think emotions are controlled by a set of special people in the 21st century. Even your most personal emotions.

I have no problem giving people my opinions or feelings on things.
I'm very interested in others also.
It's the only way you get to know the REAL person.

I think it's funny on a message board, where, we are mostly strangers we still have to act like distant assholes.

Just wanting to let your venom out. Isn't there enough of that in "real life"?

We don't dwell on these things. You need something fixed? We're there...You have a child that is misbehaving?...on it. Too heavy for you?...let us prove how strong we are.
We do things...make things...fix things...play with things...improve things...this is what we dwell on.

I'm married to someone that ALWAYS talks about his feelings. To the point where I will lose my marbles!
No, the father of my 2nd born was like you said, he could do anything - BUT he was a slacker. Was easily bored, could not keep a job and spent a LOT of time at home.

Maybe there is a happy medium in there somewhere.

Probably what is most important to me is shared passions. Similar interests.
If you have that, I think there will be plenty to talk about.
Also, talking is over-rated to.

I'm not just talking about "relationships" either - I'm talking about on HERE!

Give opinions even if not popular. Share thoughts even if not popular.
Seems to me people are "afraid" to speak out at times on here....

I'm married to someone that ALWAYS talks about his feelings. To the point where I will lose my marbles!
No, the father of my 2nd born was like you said, he could do anything - BUT he was a slacker. Was easily bored, could not keep a job and spent a LOT of time at home.

Maybe there is a happy medium in there somewhere.

Probably what is most important to me is shared passions. Similar interests.
If you have that, I think there will be plenty to talk about.
Also, talking is over-rated to.

I'm not just talking about "relationships" either - I'm talking about on HERE!

Give opinions even if not popular. Share thoughts even if not popular.
Seems to me people are "afraid" to speak out at times on here....
Only about the stuff that gets you banned...

That's bull

Most people here are about either being argumentative or humorous

No "real" talk

Forum List

Back