*shameful* The Fed outs Filmmaker

When did I say that?

Are you legally retarded?

This isn't some esoteric debate about the first amendment you numbskull.

It absolute is a debate about the First Amendment.

You haven't a clue.

He knowingly incited a riot that resulted in the death of four people.

It's a tort. No one has suggested it is a criminal offense. However, he committed a civil offense against the deceased and I hope their families punish him in court for it.

First amendment rights aren't absolute outside of criminal law (see libel and slander) and this is a classic vignette of "non-protected speech" (I.e. you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater).

Of course, everyone with a shred of honesty that isn't trying to pimp this into something it is not for political gain knows that.

LOL

No. He made a bad movie.

Should the makers of 'Batman' be sued?

What's up with the speculation that this film was actually made by the Muslim Brotherhood to foster outrage against America?

Any proof of that?

No.

The guy is a Copt.

They hate Muslims as much as you guys do.

No, the muslims in Egypt hate the Coptic's enough to go to great lengths to set them up for the hatred and backlash that the muslim brotherhood would hope this would cause toward the Coptic Christians, especially in Egypt.

While what you're saying is true, the guy in question has been identified (that's the whole point of this thread) as a Coptic Christian con man living in LA, not a secret Muslim Brotherhood member.

US Identifies Anti-Muslim Filmmaker Blamed for Attacks « CBS DC

WTF?!! Just who the hell does this government think they are?! This person had the right to make any film he wanted.. this is America..

Except:

Attorney General Eric Holder confirmed Thursday that Justice Department officials were investigating the deaths, which occurred during an attack on the American mission in Benghazi.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss an ongoing investigation, said Nakoula was connected to the persona of Sam Bacile, a man who initially told the AP he was the film’s writer and director.
He has the right to make it, but he doesn't have the right to be "hidden"

WTH is wrong with you!?!?

The Government picks and chooses it's targets carefully.. from drone strikes, even on American citizens to hanging a death sentence around a filmmaker for expressing his own artistic freedom. FUCK THIS GOVERNMENT and FUCK MUSLIMS!

"hanging a death sentence"?

Hyperbole much?

Are you saying this person isn't going to have to go in to hiding for the rest of his life??????????????????? REALLY???????????????????

As he should for putting American lives at risk and inciting riots around the world.

Not very bright, even for you. Go check out the 'free speech has crossed the line thead'.
Then we will consider you 'caught up.'

Not really capable of carrying an argument, mind you, but 'caught up.'

So, you're bringing a straw man in from another thread? Good job.

A strawman would be an argument that is not being made.
No, a "strawman argument" is assigning an opinion to me that has nothing to do with what I've been saying.

The argument that free speech has crossed the line is being made LOUD and STRONG by Lefttards on this site.
I see one person making that argument.

So my question was, should such speech be banned, or not?
No, and I've never come close to suggesting that it should be.

My guess is you don't have the sack to answer the direct question and will choose to deflect once again.
Looks like you "guessed" wrong. Again.

LOL, indeed.

Look at the blood thirsty liberals in this thread licking their pasty cracked lips over this filmmaker posisbly being killed.. You bunch of anti-American sick fucks..

LOL -- Now now.. all the name calling.. you people can't discuss anything without tossing out insults?

Priceless.

I was being completely sarcastic.. Plus Gaeux cracked me up with that numbskill.. Just tryng to lighten the mood..

I apologize.

It's hard to recognize sarcasm on a message board, sometimes.

No, a "strawman argument" is assigning an opinion to me that has nothing to do with what I've been saying.

You are dancing again. You claimed I was making a strawman argument. Nobody said you were making one.

But as I said, you haven't the sack to answer a direct question. I have seen you do this before and you strike me as a very weak poster.

"hanging a death sentence"?

Hyperbole much?

Are you saying this person isn't going to have to go in to hiding for the rest of his life??????????????????? REALLY???????????????????

As he should for putting American lives at risk and inciting riots around the world.

I disagree with your point somewhat there my brother.

You're suggesting that he has reason to hide.

I reject and counter that notion.

I'm WITH the filmmaker. He CLEARLY felt it necessary and totally OK to make the film and saw absolutely NOTHING wrong with making the film. So I say he has absolutely NOTHING to worry about now...let him stand on his PRINCIPLES...if he has any.

The asshole that made the film had his right to make it and he also has the right to pay the price for making it.

Free speech does not mean freedom from flack back, just from govt flack back.

WTF?!! Just who the hell does this government think they are?! This person had the right to make any film he wanted.. this is America..

Except:

Attorney General Eric Holder confirmed Thursday that Justice Department officials were investigating the deaths, which occurred during an attack on the American mission in Benghazi.

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss an ongoing investigation, said Nakoula was connected to the persona of Sam Bacile, a man who initially told the AP he was the film’s writer and director.

Actually, you are what's wrong with this country.. Do any of you libs care that your messiah was warned 48 prior to the embassy attack and ignored it? Just breaking over the wires.. Your Appeasement President is going to lose BIG in November.. A major WALKING CLUSTERFUCK in both economics and national security. Just sayin :)

Except:

so the administration will not protect it's citizens?

Gotcha

No.

The guy is a Copt.

They hate Muslims as much as you guys do.

No, the muslims in Egypt hate the Coptic's enough to go to great lengths to set them up for the hatred and backlash that the muslim brotherhood would hope this would cause toward the Coptic Christians, especially in Egypt.

While what you're saying is true, the guy in question has been identified (that's the whole point of this thread) as a Coptic Christian con man living in LA, not a secret Muslim Brotherhood member.

A con man? I must be missing something, please explain

Simply because someone exercised their free speech, does not make them the bad people. Whoever made this so called 14 minute movie did so because of freedom. Shall we put freedom back in a box to appease angry and insecure muslims around the world?

You are dancing again. You claimed I was making a strawman argument. Nobody said you were making one.

But as I said, you haven't the sack to answer a direct question. I have seen you do this before and you strike me as a very weak poster.

Um, I did answer your question, directly. Perhaps you should re-read my post.

And this might help you understand what a "straw man" is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I'm WITH the filmmaker. He CLEARLY felt it necessary and totally OK to make the film and saw absolutely NOTHING wrong with making the film. So I say he has absolutely NOTHING to worry about now...let him stand on his PRINCIPLES...if he has any.

OMG, you're a moron..

Except:

Not that I know the particular details more than you, but a film maker does not have a right to privacy in America if he wants to produce a film anonymously?

What about, say, an author who wants to write under a pen name? Would Obama have the right to out such an author if he offended someone and they came gunning for him?

Yep he can stand on his principles. Freedom of speech only guarantes any flak back from the govt for expressing yourself. And punishing any of thos who retaliate thru legal channels. But often people do retaliate.

btw I watched a bit of the video it is horrible on so many levels, I do not understand how anyone could sit thru it all watching.

Simply because someone exercised their free speech, does not make them the bad people. Whoever made this so called 14 minute movie did so because of freedom. Shall we put freedom back in a box to appease angry and insecure muslims around the world?

It's in the article in the OP. The man behind the movie has been "outed" as Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, 55 - a Coptic Christian in LA who's currently on probation from federal convictions for bank fraud and check-kiting.

Nakoula, who talked guardedly with AP about his role, pleaded no contest in 2010 to federal bank fraud charges in California and was ordered to pay more than $790,000 in restitution. He was also sentenced to 21 months in federal prison and was ordered not to use computers or the Internet for five years without approval from his probation officer.

Umm the guy is on probation for finiancial fraud.

Um, I did answer your question, directly. Perhaps you should re-read my post.

And this might help you understand what a "straw man" is: Straw man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, chump.

You are going to have to prove yourself worthy in the future. And they made you a mod?

LOL

Forum List

Back