Shame they

Hated Hopalong Cassidy

Lone Ranger!
watched the entire LR series a couple times.
(listening to him say his lines, I wonder how he was able to keep his job)

Working my way thru Hoppy Saturday (2 a week) mornings on the western channel, followed by a couple of his movies.

I preferred the Lone Ranger radio show... Gunsmoke as well...

My dad had all of them on reel-to-reel...
Never cared for radio, after I found out this was the radio version of Matt DIllon

Hated Hopalong Cassidy

Lone Ranger!

Working my way thru Hoppy Saturday (2 a week) mornings on the western channel, followed by a couple of his movies.
Both were better than Roy Rogers

I liked Dale better as a dancer.

(at least the majority of Roys movies had Gabby)

Hated Hopalong Cassidy

Lone Ranger!

But neither could sing!
I love history--so once past about 7....I could not watch a western on tv...as they simply did not match what I was learning.
I've never really liked a Western series until I saw Deadwood on HBO. Lonesome Dove was great also..almost as good as the books.

Looked kind of like Orson Wells in his younger days:

v9nm5PRnk2FVHFViHbDvqK2girW.jpg

When I was kid I liked "The Rifleman". I thought Chuck Connors was cool with that circle thing on his rifle so he could spin cock it.

TCM will be airing Flipper Thursday at 4:30pm. Starring Chuck Connors... and Flipper...

Chuck Connors, the first NBA player to shatter a backboard... but not with a dunk, and it was during warmups... 1946...

When I was kid I liked "The Rifleman". I thought Chuck Connors was cool with that circle thing on his rifle so he could spin cock it.

TCM will be airing Flipper Thursday at 4:30pm. Starring Chuck Connors... and Flipper...

Chuck Connors, the first NBA player to shatter a backboard... but not with a dunk, and it was during warmups... 1946...
After your post I looked up his bio. I didn't realize he was a pro in baseball and basketball!

Hated Hopalong Cassidy

Lone Ranger!

But neither could sing!
I love history--so once past about 7....I could not watch a western on tv...as they simply did not match what I was learning.
I've never really liked a Western series until I saw Deadwood on HBO. Lonesome Dove was great also..almost as good as the books.
Gene Autry could sing better than Roy

Forum List

Back