Fall Guy....The Movie. No joke...they are making a movie about the 80’s TV Show

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.

Ryan Gosling is starring in it. As well as Emily Blunt and Hanna Waddingham.

My only question is...why?

There is something worse than having no idea...having a bad idea. It would be interesting to see a series of 70/80’s TV shows remade with the same actors doing different roles in them. Like the acting troupe that did Best in Show, Waiting for Huffman, and A Mighty Wind. This? Wow.

There is something worse than having no idea...having a bad idea. It would be interesting to see a series of 70/80’s TV shows remade with the same actors doing different roles in them. Like the acting troupe that did Best in Show, Waiting for Huffman, and A Mighty Wind. This? Wow.
My Significant Other just several days ago, insisted we watch A Mighty Wind and Best in Show, since I hadn't seen them and she had the DVD's. So, I did. Seriously lame. Not the least bit funny. Just a few hours out of my life wasted. I would have rather watched, Animal House, Airplane, Naked Gun. Scary Movie or, Young Frankenstein.
It's very rare when a remake of a show can be as good as or better than an original, so they should be very, very selective in their pick to remake something.

It's pretty obvious that Hollywood has lost its creativity to create new content and ideas. Hollywood continues to borrow ideas from previous movies / shows with a remake or endless sequels that diminishes the value.

When was the last real blockbuster to hit the screens? Matrix? Gladiator? The Fall Guy was with Lee Majors?

Great movies by the way: Best in Show, A Mighty Wind

everything eighties is cool right now.

I wonder if it was an AI idea?

You might be giving them short shrift. A movie with Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt can't be all bad.

Yeah, it might suck but if these two are in it with director David Leitch (Dead Pool 2 & Bullet Train)... I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

My Significant Other just several days ago, insisted we watch A Mighty Wind and Best in Show, since I hadn't seen them and she had the DVD's. So, I did. Seriously lame. Not the least bit funny. Just a few hours out of my life wasted. I would have rather watched, Animal House, Airplane, Naked Gun. Scary Movie or, Young Frankenstein.
It's very rare when a remake of a show can be as good as or better than an original, so they should be very, very selective in their pick to remake something.
I liked all of the movies I’ve seen (Mighty Wind/Best in Show) myself but I can see how they are not everyone’s cup of tea.

Best in Show is hilarious if you've ever spent time in the world of dog shows. A Mighty Wind blows...

The A-Team movie captured the TV series perfectly.

I like the remix in the trailer of You Give Love a Bad Name, though.

It's in the works with Mark Wahlberg... but the price tag has gone up...

Oh, that's cool.

I see it's now The Six Billion Dolar man, though. I guess inflation. Ha.

Oh, that's cool.

I see it's now The Six Billion Dolar man, though. I guess inflation. Ha.
I was always fascinated by the 40' walls that appeared out of nowhere when Lindsay Wagner needed to jump over them. I mean...in every other scene in The Bionic Woman, there are no 40' walls. The moment the bad guys show up...they're everywhere.

And what was with the hair thing? She can hear a flea fart 10 miles away but to hear it, she had to move a few strands of hair off of her ear?

I'm calling bullshit on both.

I haven't mustered the interest to look it up but apparently Popeye is being re-made with Dwayne Johnson in the starring role. I'm sure some people will see that as an assault on our culture.

He's in everything these days.

That actually might be entertaining. Ha.

Oh, nm, I just looked it up. It's fake news. Seems like some fan made a fake trailer that took off.

Last edited:
I was always fascinated by the 40' walls that appeared out of nowhere when Lindsay Wagner needed to jump over them. I mean...in every other scene in The Bionic Woman, there are no 40' walls. The moment the bad guys show up...they're everywhere.

And what was with the hair thing? She can hear a flea fart 10 miles away but to hear it, she had to move a few strands of hair off of her ear?

I'm calling bullshit on both.
I can't remember ever watching the Bionic Woman.

If you are going to take an old show at least muck around with it a bit like the 2003 Battlestar Galactica did.

Sometimes the "change the sex/race" thing seems forced, but a Female Starbuck worked for me.

Just like Samuel L Jackson's Nick Fury worked or Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin worked.

It's pretty obvious that Hollywood has lost its creativity to create new content and ideas. Hollywood continues to borrow ideas from previous movies / shows with a remake or endless sequels that diminishes the value.

When was the last real blockbuster to hit the screens? Matrix? Gladiator? The Fall Guy was with Lee Majors?

Great movies by the way: Best in Show, A Mighty Wind
Top Gun Maverick
All John Wick
Tv show gotta be Reacher and The Terminal List

Forum List

Back